Tips of improvement in FUT Champs

RedPlanet1986
167 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Hi all,

This year is the first time ever I'm dabbling in FUT and I do enjoy it a lot, even though I'm fairly rubbish. I played FUT Champs for the first time this weekend after ending up in Div 4 in Rivals. I'm pretty sure I'm actually a Div 5/6 player at best because I got absolutely embarrassed in FUT Champs - 7 wins out of 23 games :(

I had a couple of specific questions around improvement:
1) In FUT Champs everyone presses really high up the pitch and I have serious trouble getting the ball out of my half. And even when I do get past the halfway line, they can get back and defend in numbers. What tactics settings allow for both things to happen - or is it more to do with manual skill? Because I want to try and do that myself.
2) This is a very specific dribbling question. I have noticed players can move very slowly with the ball very close to the feet and then suddenly kick it forward into space and run past the defender. I know that using R1 I can keep the ball close to my feet, but I don't know how to kick it forward. Could you please advise me on that?

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Rahat786786
    241 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hi all,

This year is the first time ever I'm dabbling in FUT and I do enjoy it a lot, even though I'm fairly rubbish. I played FUT Champs for the first time this weekend after ending up in Div 4 in Rivals. I'm pretty sure I'm actually a Div 5/6 player at best because I got absolutely embarrassed in FUT Champs - 7 wins out of 23 games :(

I had a couple of specific questions around improvement:
    1) In FUT Champs everyone presses really high up the pitch and I have serious trouble getting the ball out of my half. And even when I do get past the halfway line, they can get back and defend in numbers. What tactics settings allow for both things to happen - or is it more to do with manual skill? Because I want to try and do that myself.
    2) This is a very specific dribbling question. I have noticed players can move very slowly with the ball very close to the feet and then suddenly kick it forward into space and run past the defender. I know that using R1 I can keep the ball close to my feet, but I don't know how to kick it forward. Could you please advise me on that?

Thank you for your help.

Play high depth with press too. Best form of defense is attack.

Double tap R1, that skill is called the bridge.
  • RedPlanet1986
    167 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Play high depth with press too. Best form of defense is attack.

Double tap R1, that skill is called the bridge.

Awesome! Thanks for that - that skill is easier than I thought!

While I'm here, I had one other question - how do I turn up or down with first touch, if I'm receiving the ball with the defender on my back? Is it holding down R1 and then Left or Right analogue stick up or down?