Any PS5 players here?

MUFC_420
2924 posts Fans' Favourite
I've been seeing videos and reviews that FIFA 21 on PS5 is like a different game and actually smooth and responsive.

Have any of yous noticed positive changes that have moved to new gen?

I was for taking a year out but if it's smooth and responsive on PS5 I'm picking it up and will catch up in no time. I've heard the OP teams are very cheap and markets on the floor is this true?

If I can pick it up and build a team for cheap that will compete while I make coins I might consider this. Though COD BOCW is very impressive I must say.

Comments

• A_Snipe
    4163 posts National Call-Up
    No, it’s no different for gameplay. It’ll be heavy and unresponsive just like ps4
  • CeeQue
    15556 posts World Class
    PS5 is great for anything other than Multiplayer mode at the moment.
  • TheLocust
    39 posts Park Captain
    In all honesty it doesn't seem any different really so far. The actual ps5 version of the game isn't out until next month so it's just playing the PS4 version atm. The menus do feel much better though.
    Also, your pretty much right about the market. If there was ever a year to join late, it's this one :)
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7968 posts League Winner
    It seems a little smoother. But the delay and all of the awful stuff is still there. It just looks smoother.
  • cantonagod
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    Is the transfer market purely ps5 based only ?
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7968 posts League Winner
    cantonagod wrote: »
    Is the transfer market purely ps5 based only ?

No.
  • MUFC_420
    The ultimate edition is only £44.99 here on PS store because of black Friday. I'm back folks buying it now. Have alot of grinding and catching up to do. And when the PS5 edition comes out I've no doubt it's going to be more smooth and responsive if other games are anything to go by.

Right now for the download I'm buzzing haven't touched FIFA in months and came to terms I wasn't buying it. At this price I can't resist plus my best mate started playing at last. Actually have a few mates playing this year so have people to do the co-op rivals and stuff with. Will take me a bit of getting used too.

Had to spend about 2 hours just to change my email. I see EA chat are as incompetent as ever. If I couldn't get it changed I had to set up a new account and I wasn't losing all my loyalty packs and stuff for getting started. Gave the woman on ea live chat all the detail and she said unfortunately we can verify you're the right person even offered to send a photo of my passport it was getting that ridiculous.

So phoned the UK number spoke to a guy gave him the same story and details and he changed it there and then. Like seriously 🤣🤣

Glad to be back everyone have missed the debates 🤣🤣
  • TDOF
    9002 posts League Winner
    The ps5 is 100% MUCH MUCH MUCH smoother

But you have to make sure to put your PS5 fps on 60fps because by default its on 30fps
  • Double_D
    1021 posts Professional
    TDOF wrote: »

But you have to make sure to put your PS5 fps on 60fps because by default its on 30fps

Really? Been playing on it for a week and haven’t changed any settings. System settings or settings within fifa?
  • Gooders66
    463 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Double_D wrote: »

Really? Been playing on it for a week and haven’t changed any settings. System settings or settings within fifa?

Haven't heard that before, my ps5 is automatically playing games at 60fps,i haven't touched any settings!?
  • MUFC_420

Mine is on 60fps by default. Maybe something to do with my monitor.

Here I just payed for the ultimate edition and was charged for it but it's downloading the Beckham edition? Is it the same thing?
  • Gooders66
    463 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2020
    The menus are smoother and faster, and it loads quicker.. Thats it.. ... Not sure what's happening December 4th regarding fifa 21,a huge ps5 update apparently.
  • steverich1988
    914 posts Professional
    @TDOF in PlayStation main setting or in fifa menus bro
  • TDOF
    9002 posts League Winner

Settings > Saved data and Game/app settings > game settings > performance mode or resolution mode > performance mode

screen and video > video output info > and make sure its on 60hz
  • TDOF
    9002 posts League Winner
    @TDOF in PlayStation main setting or in fifa menus bro

Settings > Saved data and Game/app settings > game settings > performance mode or resolution mode > performance mode

screen and video > video output info > and make sure its on 60hz

@steverich1988 👆
  • MUFC_420
    Can someone help before I need to ring PS now aswell FS. I've paid and selected the ultimate edition it's showing as the Beckham edition both work on PS5. Is this the ultimate edition under a different name I honestly know nothing about this year's game im like a noob starting over again lol
  • TDOF
    9002 posts League Winner
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    Can someone help before I need to ring PS now aswell FS. I've paid and selected the ultimate edition it's showing as the Beckham edition both work on PS5. Is this the ultimate edition under a different name I honestly know nothing about this year's game im like a noob starting over again lol

they just changed all the editions to the beckham cover i think lol
  • MUFC_420

they just changed all the editions to the beckham cover i think lol

Yeah just checked it's saying I've purchased the ultimate edition and Beckham edition lol

All good and 76% downloaded. Late one tonight then lol
  • MUFC_420
    Only played the opening match. If FUT plays like this I'm in heaven. It's all I've wanted. A very smooth and responsive game where the player switching actually works. Great first impression but is it just the PSG custom tactics or is defending alot more manual? If that's the case then that's the complete game for me I can put up with all the other BS lol
  • MUFC_420
    And no more dragbacks?
  • ASX
    3538 posts National Call-Up
    It seems a little smoother. But the delay and all of the awful stuff is still there. It just looks smoother.

This.

Quicker menus, same gameplay.
  • MUFC_420
    ASX wrote: »

This.

The gameplay I just played was the smoothest and most responsive I've ever seen. And player switching actually works. Will take me a bit of getting used too to catch up but really liking forward to this and especially the PS5 release. I feel that's where the games are going to be miles apart.
  • MUFC_420
    I can't really lose here anyway. If I get onto FUT I'm at 85% installation and I really don't like it then it's fine as it's turned out my PS5 has only cost me £90 got the email there. PS5 for £90 and FIFA 21 ultimate edition for £44.99. What a day, honestly don't think anything could disappoint me here haha
  • shepj6
    1772 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2020
    Definitely feels a little more responsive in game, maybe it’s the controller making the difference. Menus definitely better all the time.

Still get ping spikes in game when it becomes laggy, useful having the connection monitor on now in game (I know this isn’t ps5 specific) so can see when this happens and try to adjust how I play a little whilst the ping is high (normally spikes to 200 for a couple of mins, prob every other game).
  • grogans_heroes
    2768 posts Fans' Favourite
    At this price I can't resist

You couldn’t resist it...but you might regret it...

• MUFC_420
    At this price I can't resist

You couldn’t resist it...but you might regret it...

Tbh I'm loving it and haven't even played a game yet. You know what this is actually easier than I thought making coins and there's some pretty decent players about at cheap prices. Think by tomorrow I will have a team built to compete at least.
  • AlfGarnet
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    shepj6 wrote: »
    Definitely feels a little more responsive in game, maybe it’s the controller making the difference. Menus definitely better all the time.

Still get ping spikes in game when it becomes laggy, useful having the connection monitor on now in game (I know this isn’t ps5 specific) so can see when this happens and try to adjust how I play a little whilst the ping is high (normally spikes to 200 for a couple of mins, prob every other game).

Wonder what happens to your opponents with good connections that don't spike would be interesting to know if it effects them
  • SwankyStyle
    1238 posts Professional

This.

The gameplay I just played was the smoothest and most responsive I've ever seen. And player switching actually works. Will take me a bit of getting used too to catch up but really liking forward to this and especially the PS5 release. I feel that's where the games are going to be miles apart.
    Placebo, playin on Ps5 for 2 weeks now and it’s the same as ps4
  • MUFC_420

This.

Placebo, playin on Ps5 for 2 weeks now and it’s the same as ps4

Ok then. You realise the PS5 hasn't been out for 2 weeks mate? I got it on release on Thursday and it was officially released a week before that officially in the USA. So maybe you have been playing just over a week but 2 weeks seems a little unlikely.

Maybe I have a better set up that you then but I'm having smooth and responsive games and player switching actually works.

Didn't get playing much last night was working my magic on the market. Made my first 100k in about 4 hours of it. Have 1 game played 😂

But it was enough to let me know that I'm happy with the gameplay. I'm not sure about what's OP or what's broken or anything but they're issues that will always be in FIFA as long as the gameplay is good I'm happy.

What's the meta this year guys seems similar to last year or am I wrong? Crossing seems nasty.
  • Edge01
    453 posts Sunday League Hero
    Trying to play WL on PS5 and every other match finding it advises initializing and times out. The next time it's fine.