Could EA merge the PS4, XBOX, and PC transfer markets?

Darthdad
14 posts Last Pick at the Park
I think I understand why they can't crossplay the gameplay yet but it seems like it should be relatively easy to merge the transfer market. The PC market is so much more expensive than the others.....

Comments

  • richisdisturbed
    1145 posts Professional
    They would never do this, simply as it would mean they have to address the cheating on PC.

    It should happen though, should be a unified FUT market across all platforms I think, benefits everyone.
  • Springveldt
    6944 posts Big Money Move
    Darthdad wrote: »
    I think I understand why they can't crossplay the gameplay yet but it seems like it should be relatively easy to merge the transfer market. The PC market is so much more expensive than the others.....
    I remember when PS3 and PS4 had a shared market, same with Xbox360 and Xbox One. Once the older consoles where cracked the coin farmers started running their programmes and ruined the markets. EA's fix was to split the markets per console and leave the old consoles to the cheaters.

    There is no way they would ever let the PC market near the console market while you have all the cheaters.
  • Darthdad
    14 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Makes sense.....it just sucks. Everything seems harder on the PC. I don't really want to buy a console but I'm sure it would make things easier.
  • ALlanmce
    422 posts Sunday League Hero
    Darthdad wrote: »
    Makes sense.....it just sucks. Everything seems harder on the PC. I don't really want to buy a console but I'm sure it would make things easier.

    What do you find harder on PC?
  • Never that'd be the death of fifa on consoles it is not happening
  • Quase
    608 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2020
    Thing is the main manipulation is done through the webapp with auto-buyers and bots, not ingame I would think. So I don't see a big difference when it comes to trading bots on all platforms. As far as I am aware, trading bots work for all platforms through the webapp, not just for the PC.

    The PC market also is so small compared to the Playstation alone that the few ingame cheaters (with their little cheated rewards) will have no influence on a total combined market behaviour.

    I am all for a combined market over all platforms!
  • Darthdad
    14 posts Last Pick at the Park
    ALlanmce wrote: »
    Darthdad wrote: »
    Makes sense.....it just sucks. Everything seems harder on the PC. I don't really want to buy a console but I'm sure it would make things easier.

    What do you find harder on PC?

    Everything in the transfer market it always more expensive. So that makes it harder to build the team you want. I feel like because it's a smaller community, average players like me have a harder time being competitive. I enjoy playing but the highest division I've ever reached is 4....then I get relegated immediately. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like the percentage of top level players is higher on PC than console. One of my kids, who is in division 1 on ps4, played some games for me and said it seemed tougher at that level than console. Who really knows but it would be great to have all of FIFA 21 cross-platformed!
  • > @richisdisturbed said:
    > They would never do this, simply as it would mean they have to address the cheating on PC.
    >
    > It should happen though, should be a unified FUT market across all platforms I think, benefits everyone.

    Aged like fine milk
Sign In or Register to comment.