EA Connection Quality Control (New EA tool)

TDOF
9002 posts League Winner
edited November 2020
They just released this: https://help.ea.com/en/ea-connection-quality-report/

EDIT-

After a whole day of using this i think i finally hit the nail on the head on the whole issue with delay.

For whatever reason, the lowest ping server (closest to me) is actually the worst server for gameplay, for whatever reason the gameplay is heavy 80% of the time on that server. Why could this be?

I have a few theories;

1 - Everyone is backing out of games when the ping isn't the lowest it normally is for them, this might cause that particullar server to be overloaded, when everyone around me is looking for games on the same server.

2 - That server has very poor routing.

Which server is it? I can't tell for sure, i'm from the UK so the 4 main servers around me are Dublin, London, Amsterdam and Stockholm.

On my geographical location the closest server is Dublin, So i'd think since it's closest i'll have the lowest ping to that server.

I don't have a net duma so i can't tell for sure which server exactly im connecting to, but just from ping readings it's always connecting me with 3 in game

1 - 18-22 ping
2 - 28-32 ping
3 - 36-44 ping

on rare occasions i get connected to some 50+ ping server but never played on it.

So, if you go to match report it'll show the ping from the game you just played.

In my first 10 games i never really cared about ping so i just always went into the first game i found, i doubt it was putting me in the lowest ping server cause most of the time i was delay free.

Till this morning since we got this tool i was experimenting a little, I went into WL and was looking just for the lowest ping games, NOT ALL WERE HEAVY, but a few 100% were.

As you can see this is from this morning

1PNoCXP.png

All games 20 ping.

Few games later i accidentaly ready up on higher ping. To my surprise that game felt SO GOOD. So much better than all my previous games. (which i thought weren't too too bad)

From then on i started just to play on that 28-32 ping in game;

adWkLpH.png

* NOT ALL GAMES GOT REPORTED AS THE SITE WENT DOWN FOR A WHILE *

As you can see, i actually did play 1 game on 20ms and the difference between the two is night and day.

I'm never looking back and from now on im just looking for games on that particullar server.

I wish i knew what server it was specifically but what ever it is i can actually play fast free flowing football.

Post edited by TDOF on

Comments

• TDOF
    9002 posts League Winner
    Also if you click on the "Your ISP connection score" it'll show you more stuff.
  • TDOF
    9002 posts League Winner
    Also shows your last matches

6TIixSt.png
  • NornIron
    16089 posts World Class
    99% of matches are unplayable with delay.
    Screenshot-20201112-235007.png
  • TDOF
    9002 posts League Winner
    NornIron wrote: »

Go to your match history shows you packet loss and jitter on all your games @NornIron
  • NornIron
    16089 posts World Class
    edited November 2020
    TDOF wrote: »

Go to your match history shows you packet loss and jitter on all your games @NornIron

Couldnt move my players in any of these matches, incomplete matches i was just fed up.So my connection is great cant really get any better.
    Screenshot-20201112-235702.png
  • NornIron
    16089 posts World Class
    Please someone that doesn't get much delay post.
  • cawbrey2
    1309 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2020
    Lmao i have 46 BT with 79 ping.... i knew it wasnt me. Also on ethernet with 200 mb/s speed and 10 download. 79 ping means im playing over a full second of delay.

In game it says im usually 26-32 which is obviously being doubled for some reason. How do i post pics here?

https://imgur.com/gallery/tf0BDDh
  • goo_goo_gol
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Please someone that doesn't get much delay post.

They won't. Even the people right next to the servers think they get delay
  • TDOF
    9002 posts League Winner
    cawbrey2 wrote: »
    Lmao i have 46 BT with 79 ping.... i knew it wasnt me. Also on ethernet with 200 mb/s speed and 10 download. 79 ping means im playing over a full second of delay.

In game it says im usually 26-32 which is obviously being doubled for some reason. How do i post pics here?

imgBB on mobile
    imgur on PC

copy the BBcode
  • Gnomenclature
    8266 posts League Winner
    Mine is rated 94 with average 35 ping... I rarely get good game play. Also it thinks I live in a city that's 200 miles away lol.
  • kraid
    7701 posts League Winner
    I very rarely feel like I get much lag. Maybe the last 5-6 games of wl but other then that this year has been pretty good. Better then fifa 20 for me so far, though I’m not playing too much

opxtOL5.jpg
    2fE9ToO.jpg
  • cawbrey2
    1309 posts Play-Off Hero

imgBB on mobile
    imgur on PC

copy the BBcode

Doesnt work but that its on imgur
  • TDOF
    9002 posts League Winner

imgBB on mobile
    imgur on PC

copy the BBcode

Doesnt work but that its on imgur

The 3 dots > share links > 3rd link @cawbrey2
  • RadioShaq
    20840 posts Moderator
    I don’t get delay. 96/100, 34 ping, .01 packet loss, .25 jitter and wired.
  • Staxdoobie
    2426 posts Fans' Favourite
    This explains so much. I knew there was a reason I was so bad!

D650260-B-784-F-42-BA-A5-CB-15-CBA6-B9-F570.jpg
  • NornIron
    16089 posts World Class
    edited November 2020
    My last two matches were on xbox series s both incomplete 20ms ping 0 packet loss and 0 jitter, my mate who gets at least Elite 3 every week played the last one. Had to leave because of the delay :D I may just give up.
  • Gnomenclature
    8266 posts League Winner
    Capture-2020-11-12-16-14-54.png

This is my report. My gameplay is absolutely terrible 80% of the time. Are there any clues here?
  • TDOF
    9002 posts League Winner

This is my report. My gameplay is absolutely terrible 80% of the time. Are there any clues here?

you can go to match report and it'll show you game by game reports @Gnomenclature
  • Gnomenclature
    8266 posts League Winner

you can go to match report and it'll show you game by game reports @Gnomenclature

I did, only a few hit 50 MS ping... I often wonder if it's related to using a day one xbox... It's like 7 years old lol.
  • NornIron
    16089 posts World Class

I did, only a few hit 50 MS ping... I often wonder if it's related to using a day one xbox... It's like 7 years old lol.

Its not, my day one was actually better than xbox one s. My new Series s is to early to tell yet only played two matches and had to leave both.
  • mway
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite

Same for me 94/100 and my players are skating, can´t turn. That number does not reflect the real situation.
  • NornIron
    16089 posts World Class
    I sent EA a message asking for help to get my connection to 100 as its only at 99.
  • Connection great apparently for me every game
  • NornIron
    16089 posts World Class
    They replied with toubleshooting tips I have to restart my router :D
  • Hopeful_but_nah
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sitting on great and good each game but copping insane delay and laggy glitch play.
    Way to tell which server and such you’re playing through?
  • Fifaplayer94os
    215 posts Sunday League Hero
    Thats actually really interesting, I just played a game that started with 12 ping the pre game, lagged like crazy so I left and in there it says 46 ping and great connection. Mental that they have put this up just to confirm its their terrible game thats the issue and not peoples internet, just like everyone knew already. Still nice of them to confirm it though
  • Ping seems to be pretty irrelevant for both the overall score and the description of individual games.

Seems to be all about packet loss. As long as that's low/non existent they gave the match a good/great despite ping potentially being through the roof.
  • Miigue
    1386 posts Professional
    16-D34-F40-353-F-4973-B944-7-D5-F2-DDDD558.jpg[\img]
  • Hopeful_but_nah
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    Have to give up playing for a while. Every game is just the invisible hand holding back my players whilst pushing theirs forward. Says I’m great quality, but ping and lag in game is shocking every time now. Last good game was over a week ago.
  • agentxyz2
    1020 posts Professional
    edited November 2020
    never any delay or anything I couldn't blame on myself. 98 score with an average ping of 24.75 and 1.59 jitter.

ethernet as well. not sure how many delay feelers test ethernet vs wifi