Losing streaks

A5B
3722 posts National Call-Up
How do you break them?

Some of mine span 3-4 days, where I cannot even create chances in games. They’re so much worse this year. Anyone else?

Comments

• Gorda
    3892 posts National Call-Up
    Lost 7 games in a row this weekend league, took a break and next day i won 9 weekend league games in a row lol :smile:
  • DafuqJustHappen
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    3-4 days, jeez, do you even play the game after such long streaks? You have to tell me how you manage it? If I get a 3-4 game loss streak it puts me off for about 2 days...

But seriously, what division are you playing in, what formation and what squad? Maybe you need to try something different...
  • Guillotine_Mack
    2873 posts National Call-Up
    Drink loads of beer to the stage you don't care anymore.
    Then the wins start coming.
  • A5B
    3-4 days, jeez, do you even play the game after such long streaks? You have to tell me how you manage it? If I get a 3-4 game loss streak it puts me off for about 2 days...

But seriously, what division are you playing in, what formation and what squad? Maybe you need to try something different...
    Believe me I try haha. D1 mostly. I’ve tried 41212, 4231 and 4222 with no luck

• DafuqJustHappen
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    A5B wrote: »
    Believe me I try haha. D1 mostly. I’ve tried 41212, 4231 and 4222 with no luck

Well, I'm D2 so can't help you there...
  • The_giant616
    1625 posts Play-Off Hero
    How do you break them?

Some of mine span 3-4 days, where I cannot even create chances in games. They’re so much worse this year. Anyone else?

Try a more casual game mode iOS the best bet. Also, if you’ve been losing for 3 or 4 days, sUrely you would have dropped divisions, which should also help
  • A5B
    How do you break them?

Try a more casual game mode iOS the best bet. Also, if you’ve been losing for 3 or 4 days, sUrely you would have dropped divisions, which should also help
    Only down to D2, probably lost 8-9 consecutively. Maybe a draw or two in there. Hasn’t helped much admittedly

• JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    D5. Have regular losing streaks. Go in to rage mode. Change formations, try everything else, then lose more.

Go back to original plan, start wining again.

Rise... repeat
  • kevinvhwm
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    right now 5 defeats in friendly silver. before that I was beaten in rivals. just hands down with such a game. what happened to the game?
  • Smithyjames7
    44 posts Park Captain
    Just stop, it gets to the point where everything goes against you, every rebound and speed up lag. Then you go on a run of being 2-0 up and ending up losing 3-2 it’s infuriating. Leave it for a few days
  • Dochter
    475 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Swap game modes or simply take a break.

Sometimes going for an objective gets sweaty and playing for an objective too long can have an affect on how you play. Squad battles is good for this as its pretty stress free at world class level against the lower rated teams.
  • A5B
    Just stop, it gets to the point where everything goes against you, every rebound and speed up lag. Then you go on a run of being 2-0 up and ending up losing 3-2 it’s infuriating. Leave it for a few days
    Haha exactly this, first I’d be losing by 3+ goals. Then come the games where I’m comfortably winning only to lose at the end.
  • Hopeful_but_nah
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just hit my losing streak. Managed some friendly wins, then first game of rivals a good win. Next 5 games all losses and in all had the delay, sloppy mud game. Players couldn’t/wouldn’t move, fastest guys beaten by slower guys, defence wandering out of position. The 1 rivals game I won was against a higher rank, the next 5 all apparently lower ranked teams 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Gnomenclature
    8212 posts League Winner
    Went through one last week and couldn't get a shot past any goalkeeper. Dropped from 1200 skill rating to 850 before I started winning again... Was happening in every game mode - I changed my team up and have been winning again.
  • Gooders66
    440 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2020
    Just happened to me, went from div 5 to div 3, 15 win streak, I was even beating great teams, then I noticed my players suddenly started running as if with lead boots on again and totally out of position, I literally couldn't string a pass together, lost five in a row against teams I would have easily beat earlier, something definitely kicks in if you win too many, so I've stopped playing for now. 🤷‍♂️
  • A5B
    I’m getting smashed by people 100-150 skill points below me 😂