Objectivs in friendlies are putting casuals at a disadvantage

kaaasen
461 posts Sunday League Hero
This is probably not the popular opinion on these forums, if I am to judge by all the users who celebrate the new sweat-mode, but hear me out.

In FIFA 20 I found it extremely easy to get objectives done. The reason? Well, I reckon I was a division 5 player playing 7th-8th-9th division. Didn't care too much about the rivals rewards, since I am all about trading and collecting cards from objectives. Still, playing in rivals was a lot of fun. Sure. I was matched with quite alot of other relegators, but that didn't bother me. You could just quit the match and go to the next one. And you would usually get rank 1 in rivals as well.

Fast-forward to FIFA 21 and the huge ❤️❤️❤️❤️ called "friendlies". Yes, I have still relegated quite a few divisions down. Yes, the objectives are still fairly easy to complete. Yes, we can just as easily quit matches here as we could in rivals in FIFA 20. However, the big difference (for me at least) is this:
  • No longer time to play any matches in rivals, since I now have to spend most of the time in friendlies
  • Almost every single team has Mbappe and other loan players - in FIFA 20 your opponents would usually not bolster these kind of players (even the relegators)
  • Friendlies in FIFA 21 is _A LOT_ sweatier that rivals was in FIFA 20
  • No longer getting rewards from rivals

In the last week I seem to come across more and more relegators as well, so it's safe to say that EA's "masterplan" has failed. Of course, knowing EA, they will never admit their faults, so we're probably stuck with this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ for the rest of the year.

Comments

• Numberofluck27
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Another thread 🤮😂
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    I'd rather objectives be in friendlies than having to use a 77 rated squad in division one against god squads.

exactly this. Matchmaking in friendlies is much wider. You get battered, you just quit without being penalized and start a new game right away. Eventually you'll find easy games. Can't imagine doing any of these cards in DR.
  • TheElephant
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Orison wrote: »
    My guy is self relegating to smash easier opponents and is still complaining.

Can't make this stuff up really.

This 😂
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    You could always play the friendlies that don't have the match making and go to town there. Somewhere there is a level of opponent you can smash where they can't put up a fight, that seems to be what you are after
  • TH14228
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    @kaaasen doesnt sound like the master plan failed.
  • kevinvhwm
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    You could always play the friendlies that don't have the match making and go to town there. Somewhere there is a level of opponent you can smash where they can't put up a fight, that seems to be what you are after

In friendlies, now, there is too much variation in skills. I am often blown away 5-6 matches in a row, without a chance. For a person who just wants to come and play a game in the evening, sit and play the whole evening, is this normal? I'm not a great player, but there are no such streaks in Rivals and the games are smoother. In addition to this - rental cards and insane spread in those players that we get from the packages (I made 12 times 81+ UCL and got the maximum Mahrez, the rest of the players are even worse, the same problem was when it was necessary to collect units for other purposes). All the teams that I met today were with a much stronger lineup than mine. I don't understand what prevents them from making the ability to perform these tasks available against AI as well on Legendary or World class difficulty levels? This year, there are absolutely no tasks that could be performed in a quiet mode against AI, last year there were such.
  • Kennyy
    10654 posts Has That Special Something
    Waaaa
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    kevinvhwm wrote: »

In friendlies, now, there is too much variation in skills. I am often blown away 5-6 matches in a row, without a chance. For a person who just wants to come and play a game in the evening, sit and play the whole evening, is this normal? I'm not a great player, but there are no such streaks in Rivals and the games are smoother. In addition to this - rental cards and insane spread in those players that we get from the packages (I made 12 times 81+ UCL and got the maximum Mahrez, the rest of the players are even worse, the same problem was when it was necessary to collect units for other purposes). All the teams that I met today were with a much stronger lineup than mine. I don't understand what prevents them from making the ability to perform these tasks available against AI as well on Legendary or World class difficulty levels? This year, there are absolutely no tasks that could be performed in a quiet mode against AI, last year there were such.

Skill based friendlies or just standard 1s? If it's the skill based then yes expect it to be competitive as there is a reward.
  • kevinvhwm
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2020
    Skill based friendlies or just standard 1s? If it's the skill based then yes expect it to be competitive as there is a reward.

I just very often meet people who play much better than me. Then they start to come across those who play much worse. What is the fun of the game when you are beaten or beaten? In Rivals, usually, there are approximately equal opponents.
  • Fifapayne
    6579 posts Big Money Move
    2020 generation

Just give me everything
    I don’t want to work for anything
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    kevinvhwm wrote: »

I just very often meet people who play much better than me. Then they start to come across those who play much worse. What is the fun of the game when you are beaten or beaten? In Rivals, usually, there are approximately equal opponents.

The skill based matchups are based on your rivals score.
  • Seanregal
    1946 posts Fans' Favourite
    Long winded way to say i can't cheat the system as effectively as last year.
  • Nervous_Nick
    7195 posts League Winner
    It’s the same as last year. If you don’t care about rivals rewards, just relegate to div10 and you’ll get easier matchmaking in friendlies.
    I think they got it right with objectives this year...matchmaking is fair, and we got different rooms too, so you’ll face similar rated teams.
    The only boring thing is having to face loan Mbappè in almost every game..:
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    Classic example of a community that doesn't know what it wants.
  • Tekkerz
    3750 posts National Call-Up
    Only thing I’m not happy about is having 2 player objectives in the same managerial masterpiece.
    MLS league is so much weaker than Ligue 1.
  • ICE_UP_SON
    1635 posts Play-Off Hero
    Orison wrote: »
    My guy is self relegating to smash easier opponents and is still complaining.

Can't make this stuff up really.

I honestly thought for a second that this entire post was satire.
  • KhansCats
    187 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It’s the same as last year. If you don’t care about rivals rewards, just relegate to div10 and you’ll get easier matchmaking in friendlies.
    I think they got it right with objectives this year...matchmaking is fair, and we got different rooms too, so you’ll face similar rated teams.
    The only boring thing is having to face loan Mbappè in almost every game..:

I generally like the system, though I noticed the relegation problem when facing red pick players in squads when I am Div 8. At least I can quit out of the game without it costing anything but a little time.
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    Tekkerz wrote: »
    Only thing I’m not happy about is having 2 player objectives in the same managerial masterpiece.
    MLS league is so much weaker than Ligue 1.

I actually found it easier to do the MLS one. I think I dropped maybe two games when going for those wins
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    honestly bro, no one would really play friendlies on a normal day without these objectives
  • Oldgmrdad
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    Am I the only one not being forced by EA to play modes I don't like/want to play?
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    Oldgmrdad wrote: »
    Am I the only one not being forced by EA to play modes I don't like/want to play?

Wouldn’t say forced but I do it for XP or a card I really want like Moise Kean, Mukiele. Didn’t do the rest
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    padr81 wrote: »
    You were a div 5 player who relegated to 7-8-9 to bully weaker players. The likes of you is why it was moved and why it was a great decision.

Suck it up. We reap what we sow.

100% correct.
  • This is, without a doubt, the most backwards ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I've ever read
  • Fergvsfood
    461 posts Sunday League Hero
    Having the objectives in friendlys mode is one of the good points of fut 21 ,
    The OP must be one of those who quits as before the game starts ,, when they see a team hey think is better than theirs .
    Bloody millennials. All assumptions considered.