Can’t win a game

TomPUFC193416
415 posts An Exciting Prospect
Can’t seem to find a system to work, can’t keep the ball, struggling to create chances.

Any advice? :(

Comments

• Prettyfly
    877 posts Professional
    edited November 2020
    I’m the same I was about to hit div 6 and literally can’t win a match since the new patch all I face are spam skillers, through ball drop back nonsense and no matter what I do it results in a the odd win draw but 95% a loss about to hit div 9 at this rate I dont get it im not that 💩 a player
  • TomPUFC193416
    Prettyfly wrote: »
    I’m the same I was about to hit div 6 and literally can’t win a match since the new patch all I face are spam skillers, through ball drop back nonsense and no matter what I do it results in a the odd win draw but 95% a loss about to hit div 9 at this rate I dont get it im not that 💩 a player

This is how I feel. Just can’t seem to do anything atm.
  • joehuk
    6241 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2020
    Game is by far from enjoyable.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

My team have zero movement In them, every player feels like a bronze player, tackling just isn't working, players have no pace, dribbling is very difficult.

No one is tracking back, no one is marking, my midfield no matter what formation,players is none exsistant.
  • liuus86
    825 posts Semi-Pro
    i had the same issue and went back to division 4 with 1300 rating..i then reset all tactics and stopped playing like all youtubers and game is much better now.
    I am back division 3 with 1600 rating and going towards division 2..i think my main problem was using such a low defense that was making impossible to play anything which was not counter attack.
  • Prettyfly
    877 posts Professional
    edited November 2020
    I’m finding cdms do zero just stand there and do nothing. I don’t claim to be an amazing player at all but I should be div 6/5 player at least. If this continues think I’ll just sack the game off and sell it game has been ruined from what it was a couple of weeks ago
  • FaFiFa
    1446 posts Play-Off Hero
    joehuk wrote: »

My team have zero movement In them, every player feels like a bronze player, tackling just isn't working, players have no pace, dribbling is very difficult.

No one is tracking back, no one is marking, my midfield no matter what formation,players is none exsistant.

What you are describing is delay, it is happening because the servers are overloaded
  • EJND
    190 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2020
    FaFiFa wrote: »
    joehuk wrote: »

What you are describing is delay, it is happening because the servers are overloaded

one sided delay is the weird thing ... i am wondering whats going on for years now and yes, i also always come back to delay ... but how can any of my oponents random gold player just sprint away as light-footed as a gazelle, while my Alphonso Davies is running in knee deep mud and slowmotion ... why does the delay and truck / mud - feeling in the game only affect some players ?

Its a shame you have to play Squad Battles to have a fun gameplay ... If only my players would ever be as responsive and quick in a game with a human oponent ....
  • Diddymow
    3388 posts National Call-Up
    Problem I have is I can't finish a game, everyone seems to quit when I get a few goals ahead. I'm not great at the game, I'm in Div 8 and probably only win half my games. I mainly play Squad Battles but play some Rivals for objectives and to get some free weekly packs. I play pack only so half the time I just come up against Pace Abuse FC and literally can't do anything as they constantly spam long balls in behind.
  • Dochter
    473 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I don't get these threads. People coming on moaning they can't win a game when the player that beat them won a game.

Is it possibly you are not that good and people are beating you. Or are you good and losing unfairly.

Always cheated never defeated brigade coming out in force recently.
  • EJND
    190 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Dochter wrote: »
    I don't get these threads. People coming on moaning they can't win a game when the player that beat them won a game.

Is it possibly you are not that good and people are beating you. Or are you good and losing unfairly.

And I don't get those people ... either that problems really only hits a certain group of player or you must be braindead to not understand the problem . For me its not about winning or loosing, its the inconsistency of the game, and how clumsy and slow the players often feel, and how quicker and more reactive and fast the oponents player seem in a lot of those games... And when you have to push the pass button a second before you wanna pass and quick attacker gets easily catched up by a 70 speed CBs... Total different game when i play squat battles, super responsive, quick movements, realistic differnces in speed (as long as not plaing on ultimate. That is my problem ... not beeing good or bad ... winning and loosing...
  • Tylercftla
    516 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Had a couple day stretch where I couldn’t lose in Rivals. Yesterday I lost all the games I played. Can’t really see it being a plot by EA. Between lag, facing better players or just dumb luck it’s still fun to blow off some steam after work.
  • FijianTribe
    257 posts Sunday League Hero

I'm not fussed out after losing to a player that is better than me, but losing a game to the surprise mechanics of the game is really the tipping point. Having more possession, creating more chances just to have the shots that usually end up as a goal either saved or go wide. And then my opponents scoring from the weirdest angle possible even with the player tripping over. I know those matches are not very often but there are some small parts of that in every second match.
  • TomPUFC193416

I haven’t moaned about the game or claimed I’ve been beaten unfairly
  • Safckje
    357 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tylercftla wrote: »
    Had a couple day stretch where I couldn’t lose in Rivals. Yesterday I lost all the games I played. Can’t really see it being a plot by EA. Between lag, facing better players or just dumb luck it’s still fun to blow off some steam after work.

I was in the same boat, I got to div 2 and thought I was getting used to the game. I put it on last night and couldn’t do a thing right.

It was a combination of button delay and me panicking/being 🎃🎃🎃🎃
  • RadioShaq
    18671 posts Moderator
    I have removed a large number of posts. Please follow the rules going forward.
  • johntempera
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2020
    What's bothering me year after year is that you build a squad and it feels phenomenal for 10-20 matches. Then they start degrading and eventually they do nothing. When in the beginning they could be found in front of opponent's players in the midfield, eventually they start goofing around behind them.
  • NellaSAFC92
    452 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Be a sheep and drop back 1 depth i went from div 5 to 3 in 2 nights after taking some youtubers tactics with my 80k team. Its not even boring either
  • Numberofluck27
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Be a sheep and drop back 1 depth i went from div 5 to 3 in 2 nights after taking some youtubers tactics with my 80k team. Its not even boring either

Don't be a sheep and play 9 depth and you are div 1 ;)