How do you feel about the amount of untradeable rewards from SBCs this year?

Knowlesdinho
15133 posts World Class
giphy.gif

How do you feel about the amount of untradeable rewards from SBCs this year? 105 votes

I think it's great...can't fault them.
5%
Tekkerzregia5bgEl_NinoFinetunedchaosNumberofluck27IraqBruin 6 votes
It's getting ridiculous now.
84%
RichG000nerBoysie91IshibumKoreanMeatballsMr MasenkoChetFubarRipperJono6989wef0undl0veSJR440pekkaa88Challengerman83MesmerizePaularbearlastfifaswfcfan89PurplejacketFrauenarztAsht1981 89 votes
Other (please specify)
9%
ha032742SpringveldtZambo9ContraCode64DubblykraidiggypopiamnotamaniamcantonatommyboyoPrettyfly 10 votes

Comments

• OZero
    7572 posts League Winner
    That guy must be trolling
  • I think it's great...can't fault them.
    I actually think it's pretty fun, at least makes you create some hybrids you never thought of before. I pulled Neymar and Salah untradeable, wouldve sold them otherwise to invest or whatever, now HAVE to make a team that includes them, and I kinda like that tbf
  • Thamightyboro
    8100 posts League Winner
    Tbh it's an absolute joke SBCs were fun and a bit of a gamble in the past, untradable sucks the fun of a potential decent payday.
  • Numberofluck27
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think it's great...can't fault them.
    I am cool with it, lot of content and already got a solid untradeable team if I want. Valverde, Alisson, Vardy, Kane, Hazard, Semedo, Gomez (CB / Liverpool). I can't complain :)
  • Foresticek
    92 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I actually think it's pretty fun, at least makes you create some hybrids you never thought of before. I pulled Neymar and Salah untradeable, wouldve sold them otherwise to invest or whatever, now HAVE to make a team that includes them, and I kinda like that tbf

I would never play Neymar, because I hate this guy, but I would gladly take the coins and buy whoever I really want. Untradeable SBC rewards are not fun
  • Saekerhett
    1153 posts Professional
    For me the fun is completely gone now.
  • Mark78
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sbc's were the only fun part of game but now they've even taken that away from us with terrible untradeable packs and what it seems like lower pack weight.
  • kevinvhwm
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This year's SBC is terrible.
  • iggypop
    966 posts Semi-Pro
    Other (please specify)
    I think with needing so many different squads it's not such a bad thing, forced to keep players but they will come on handy down the line!
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    edited November 2020
    Mark78 wrote: »
    Sbc's were the only fun part of game but now they've even taken that away from us with terrible untradeable packs and what it seems like lower pack weight.

Vote, make your voice heard.
  • Dubbly
    2429 posts Fans' Favourite
    Other (please specify)
    Honestly, I don’t mind untradeable rewards. What I don’t like is how low value rewards are even though they are untradeable.

they need to increase the rewards from SBCs if they are going to be untradeable. I don’t mind not being able to sell any good pulls, but the rewards for SBCs are so stingy
  • It's getting ridiculous now.
    They're off their rocker if they think all these untradeables are okay.
  • BiigDee
    4972 posts Big Money Move
    Poor packs back match well with poor SBCs. The only thought out in to them is on how to short change us.
  • Challengerman83
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    Untradable rewards, low pack weights and nowhere to store you're duplicates.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Honestly, I don’t mind untradeable rewards. What I don’t like is how low value rewards are even though they are untradeable.

they need to increase the rewards from SBCs if they are going to be untradeable. I don’t mind not being able to sell any good pulls, but the rewards for SBCs are so stingy

There's a problem with this though in as much as if you keep pulling high rated dupes and there is no sbc that you want to put them in, you'll end up discarding them. The quick sell recovery tool isn't designed in a fair enough way to deal with this.
  • kevinvhwm
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2020
    Dubbly wrote: »

They might simply not duplicate the players who are already on the team if the package is not for sale. There are a lot of duplicates.
  • Springveldt
    6907 posts Big Money Move
    Other (please specify)
    I think it depends on what you have out of the untradables. For me I’ve had Alison, Wan Bissaka, Walker, Martial, Jesus, Ben Yedder, OTW Van De Beek, Rashford and 85 Hernandez. I’ve had enough usable cards to think that untradables are OK. I even had enough fodder to do the Talisca SBC for the cost of Sule.

If you’ve had nothing, you enjoy trading or are chasing a mega team to compete in WL then the untradables are useless.

Another thing that is making me lean towards liking them is I’m not chasing a mega team this year. I’m not pushing to try and get Elite in WL like in past editions, I’m stopping earlier when I’ve had enough. With all the nice cards from objectives, all the friendly modes and the silver lounge there are multiple ways of playing the game this year and enjoying it, you don’t have to solely focus on WL.
  • pekkaa88
    7267 posts Big Money Move
    As a non fp buyer, I really hate it..
  • ContraCode64
    4226 posts National Call-Up
    Other (please specify)
    I wouldn't mind them so much if we were able to do something useful with the duplicate pulls. I've lost track of how many times I've discarded Kepa recently.
  • Other (please specify)
    for me its a "wait and see"

Hoarder / Card Collector...so.....so far have just had to be a bit more organised ....

Pack luck is pretty hideous this year so no high rated dupes to speak of..

...I do however feel morally obliged to only put untradeables IN to SBCs now which has made the process more laborious
  • I think it's great...can't fault them.
    I'm fine with it.

More untradables, better for the game, as you need to find ways to use UT players instead of just cash in.

I got Mbappè NIF UT, KDB UT & Auba UT, of course I would have been happier to cash instantly on Mbappè and build a PL team as usual, but it's a bigger challenge to mix players and find chemistry.

And "standard" gold players can be reused for SBCs, so they're not a waste (aswell as consumables are used for your club).
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    regia5bg wrote: »
    I'm fine with it.

More untradables, better for the game, as you need to find ways to use UT players instead of just cash in.

I got Mbappè NIF UT, KDB UT & Auba UT, of course I would have been happier to cash instantly on Mbappè and build a PL team as usual, but it's a bigger challenge to mix players and find chemistry.

And "standard" gold players can be reused for SBCs, so they're not a waste (aswell as consumables are used for your club).

But by your own admission... You would have cashed in, so you clearly aren't in favour of it.
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    Other (please specify)
    The thing is that tradable packs flood the market with cards which can cause pretty big price drops. If all rewards were tradable then the market would be on its knees (even more so then now) or they would have to give out rewards (sbc and objective packs) less often.

So I think it’s a balance, obviously I prefer to get tradable cards but I also want to get a good amount of packs and for the content of those packs to have value.
  • Prettyfly
    877 posts Professional
    Other (please specify)
    There needs to be more of a balance of the two. Untradeable are fine as long as there are decent SBCs they can be used within however to date in my opinion there’s not been a single decent SBC so clubs will all be full of fodder which gets players nowhere
  • Zambo9
    6146 posts Big Money Move
    Other (please specify)
    Doesn’t change anything as I’ve packed awful players anyway, so the value is the same
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    Other (please specify)
    kraid wrote: »
    The thing is that tradable packs flood the market with cards which can cause pretty big price drops. If all rewards were tradable then the market would be on its knees (even more so then now) or they would have to give out rewards (sbc and objective packs) less often.

So I think it’s a balance, obviously I prefer to get tradable cards but I also want to get a good amount of packs and for the content of those packs to have value.

Agree entirely.

• Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    kraid wrote: »

More balance would be achieved with a mixture of both. I'm not against them, but almost every single SBC is now untradeable.

How long before marquee matchups becomes untradeable?

They may as well go the whole hog and make all packs untradeable including those bought with FIFA points and remove the market... because they clearly don't want it there.
  • RedDevilNL
    364 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just another way that EA make it harder to make coins so people are more inclined to buy packs.