Why is pace the most important stat for so many people?

1
kaaasen
461 posts Sunday League Hero
The question is pretty simple. Maybe not too easy to answer.

Why is it that EA have made pace the most important stat.

It's frustrating to see teams that are put together with just chem and pace as the two Main components. Weak foot? Don't care. Skills? Don't care. Dribbling? Don't care. Shooting? Don't care. Defending? Don't care. High pace? Bring'em in!

Usually these guys aren't too difficult to beat, but it's just not fun to play these matches. You can have 70-80% possession, dribble them ten times round, bombard them with shots from well within the penalty box and then get hit on the counter time after time.

EA are rewarding lesser skilled players by letting pace be so important, and to have the defenders block so frickin' much. Because when they attack they are through on goal having already parked the defenders using their pacy attackers.

I know I'm not the only one to hate this. I have also written previously that I usually just forfeit matches against these kind of players - preferrably when tied.

How come EA doesn't take action? With a few exceptions, it doesn't even resemble real football.

Comments

  • Notformeclive
    2810 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's always been like this with the exception of last year when everyone on here was complaining because their 99 pace Traore was getting caught up and they were forced to pass the ball.
    They had it right last year, players do not sprint at 100mph with the ball glued to their foot, they should have left it and just toned down AI defending/blocking, instead they turned it up and broke pace again, leaving us with Fifa 15 and park the bus/AI defending.
  • Unparalleled
    957 posts Professional
    It's always been like this with the exception of last year when everyone on here was complaining because their 99 pace Traore was getting caught up and they were forced to pass the ball.
    They had it right last year, players do not sprint at 100mph with the ball glued to their foot, they should have left it and just toned down AI defending/blocking, instead they turned it up and broke pace again, leaving us with Fifa 15 and park the bus/AI defending.

    completely agree with last year. Wish they kept the pace from last year
  • Colt_seevers
    1624 posts Play-Off Hero
    Last year pace was a lot less relevant but the game had less skill gap and was boring af imo
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    I can't get goals with Giroud upfront
  • Notformeclive
    2810 posts Fans' Favourite
    Last year pace was a lot less relevant but the game had less skill gap and was boring af imo

    That was because the attacking AI just completely stand still while the defensive AI all defend like Maldini, nothing to do with pace.
    That and a community of desperate cowards all parking the bus.
  • The_giant616
    1635 posts Play-Off Hero
    JWNYsg wrote: »
    I can't get goals with Giroud upfront

    This. I had if Ibra and it’s really difficult to score with bigger, slower players. They really need to make attributes like strength, heading and passing more important. People might Feel inclined to use a Giroud Or ibra type if he was significantly better in the air than other players and you could use his strength more effectively.
  • JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    Park Bus + Though balls + fast players = wins

    Weekend league is full of it. If you are are good player you can probably defend this better but if not you just have to play the same which makes WL so boring. I’m already on 3-5 and all losses and been to Adama and his crew.
  • SYMMO19
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    I scored 27 in 19 with Giroud a couple of weekend leagues ago, and about half were headers so it's possible but he did lose a few aerial duals he should have won aswell.

    The only place pace is a necessity for me is in defence because I play a high line and press after possession loss.
  • pekkaa88
    7267 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2020
    Im pretty sure pace is quite important irl too..

    Biggest problem in fifa regarding pace is that ai doesnt recognize the pace of other players.. Irl a slower defender knows how to defend against certain player.. In fifa the defending AI will position exactly the same way against Kroos on the wing and Mbabbe on the wing, which is stupid
  • Fifapayne
    6579 posts Big Money Move
    Cause pace is the most important attribute in real life too.
    How good would mbappe be if he was super slow?

    I’ll hang up and listen.
  • Tennster10
    2648 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah, i am loosing interest already.
    Its so 1 dimensional now. Worst than 20.
    Agree that 19 pace was perfect. Also you can use different type of player all they have to do was remove some op crap like flick cross or what ever it was call.
  • Fifapayne
    6579 posts Big Money Move
    Tennster10 wrote: »
    Yeah, i am loosing interest already.
    Its so 1 dimensional now. Worst than 20.
    Agree that 19 pace was perfect. Also you can use different type of player all they have to do was remove some op crap like flick cross or what ever it was call.

    Fifa 19 pace was crap too
    Nobody used slow players.
  • AdagioMalique
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Headless chicken scoring skill..
  • Chavez76
    9861 posts League Winner
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Cause pace is the most important attribute in real life too.
    How good would mbappe be if he was super slow?

    I’ll hang up and listen.

    Dont agree.It's important yes, but not the MOST important stat on every position on the field.
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Cause pace is the most important attribute in real life too.
    How good would mbappe be if he was super slow?

    I’ll hang up and listen.

    You can’t just name on world class player who’s pacey and that prove your argument.

    How quick were Zidane, Iniesta, Xavi, Scholes, Gerrard, Pirlo etc? And more modern day, De Bruyne, Lewandowski, Kane? All world class players who don’t rely on pace.

    Don’t get me wrong pace is a huge asset to have, and every team needs it to some degree somewhere in the attacking third, but to say pace is the most important attribute in real life is absolute nonsense. It’s only my opinion admittedly but I think De Bruyne has been the best player in the world for the last 12-24 months, certainly top 5, he’s never had pace, to say pace is the most important thing is bonkers.

    so basicly this.
  • Futfanatic
    15984 posts World Class
    Alternative view maybe but with all the auto blocks and AI last ditch defending it’s almost impossible to score from close range with a packed box. Pacy players get the necessary seperation to get a shot off that slow players just dont get.
  • Chavez76
    9861 posts League Winner
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Alternative view maybe but with all the auto blocks and AI last ditch defending it’s almost impossible to score from close range with a packed box. Pacy players get the necessary seperation to get a shot off that slow players just dont get.

    good alternative view..
  • Arsenalman
    3845 posts National Call-Up
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Cause pace is the most important attribute in real life too.
    How good would mbappe be if he was super slow?

    I’ll hang up and listen.

    You can’t just name on world class player who’s pacey and that prove your argument.

    How quick were Zidane, Iniesta, Xavi, Scholes, Gerrard, Pirlo etc? And more modern day, De Bruyne, Lewandowski, Kane? All world class players who don’t rely on pace.

    Don’t get me wrong pace is a huge asset to have, and every team needs it to some degree somewhere in the attacking third, but to say pace is the most important attribute in real life is absolute nonsense. It’s only my opinion admittedly but I think De Bruyne has been the best player in the world for the last 12-24 months, certainly top 5, he’s never had pace, to say pace is the most important thing is bonkers.

    In fairness bar Kane and lewon you’ve mainly mentioned central midfielders and I see a lot of central players being used without 80 pace in this game. It’s the forwards mainly where people love pace irl too, take the wings for example you always want pace
  • Tennster10
    2648 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Tennster10 wrote: »
    Yeah, i am loosing interest already.
    Its so 1 dimensional now. Worst than 20.
    Agree that 19 pace was perfect. Also you can use different type of player all they have to do was remove some op crap like flick cross or what ever it was call.

    Fifa 19 pace was crap too
    Nobody used slow players.

    I did 😂 may be because header was more viable and you can use slower target man with out being to much of disadvantage.
  • kevinvhwm
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Arsenalman wrote: »
    In fairness bar Kane and lewon you’ve mainly mentioned central midfielders and I see a lot of central players being used without 80 pace in this game. It’s the forwards mainly where people love pace irl too, take the wings for example you always want pace
    Rodrigo, Martial, Rashford - they are all lower than Klose, Lewandowski, Kane in real football (just players of different levels). R7 is now also not a sprinter and plays by choosing a position and a point spurt. R9 played not at the expense of speed, but at the expense of a well-chosen moment, and due to this, he left the opponent. Mbappe is a great player, but his implementation is far from R7 and Lewandowski, he misses a lot of chances. Unfortunately, this is not reflected in the game.

  • LRogue
    126 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It is important because that's how the game is setup. Dont have pacey players you have no chance. People are that adamant on pace they will put a Shadow on say a Vardy.

    To sum things up. I find it staggering that 2 of the best forwards in the world Kane and Lewandowski are unusable in the Weekend League all down to lack of pace. I would even add Ibra to that list. Haven't come across either of those players in the weekend league.
  • The_giant616
    1635 posts Play-Off Hero
    LRogue wrote: »
    It is important because that's how the game is setup. Dont have pacey players you have no chance. People are that adamant on pace they will put a Shadow on say a Vardy.

    To sum things up. I find it staggering that 2 of the best forwards in the world Kane and Lewandowski are unusable in the Weekend League all down to lack of pace. I would even add Ibra to that list. Haven't come across either of those players in the weekend league.

    See my post above, mate. Tried ibra and it’s extremely frustrating. Play him through clean on goal and some random Fast cb with a shadow catches him up immediately. Would be great if i could do what Ibra does in real life and shield the ball, but we all know how that goes in this game.
  • Fifapayne
    6579 posts Big Money Move
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Cause pace is the most important attribute in real life too.
    How good would mbappe be if he was super slow?

    I’ll hang up and listen.

    You can’t just name on world class player who’s pacey and that prove your argument.

    How quick were Zidane, Iniesta, Xavi, Scholes, Gerrard, Pirlo etc? And more modern day, De Bruyne, Lewandowski, Kane? All world class players who don’t rely on pace.

    Don’t get me wrong pace is a huge asset to have, and every team needs it to some degree somewhere in the attacking third, but to say pace is the most important attribute in real life is absolute nonsense. It’s only my opinion admittedly but I think De Bruyne has been the best player in the world for the last 12-24 months, certainly top 5, he’s never had pace, to say pace is the most important thing is bonkers.

    De bruyne , Kane, and lewandoski

    Are not slow.
  • Arsenalman
    3845 posts National Call-Up
    kevinvhwm wrote: »
    Arsenalman wrote: »
    In fairness bar Kane and lewon you’ve mainly mentioned central midfielders and I see a lot of central players being used without 80 pace in this game. It’s the forwards mainly where people love pace irl too, take the wings for example you always want pace
    Rodrigo, Martial, Rashford - they are all lower than Klose, Lewandowski, Kane in real football (just players of different levels). R7 is now also not a sprinter and plays by choosing a position and a point spurt. R9 played not at the expense of speed, but at the expense of a well-chosen moment, and due to this, he left the opponent. Mbappe is a great player, but his implementation is far from R7 and Lewandowski, he misses a lot of chances. Unfortunately, this is not reflected in the game.

    Your right but how do they make a game where Kane will be more effective than rashford or martial? As long as I can remember pace has been important in Fifa, and yet here we all are still playing. So what actually do we like about the game?
  • Tesco
    8317 posts League Winner
    Pretty much what happens when a game still uses an old flawed mechanics system.

    FIFA doesn't take into account pace with and without a ball well enough. Sure agility seems to be there to help this, but it doesn't really provide a meaningful difference when they rate defenders pace so low.

    Also agree with @pekkaa88 - poor AI coding

  • Max_1899
    381 posts Sunday League Hero
    its because 90% of the community cant do more than play long balls and run. also it seems like players with 70 shooting score more than those with 90+
  • Arsenalman
    3845 posts National Call-Up
    Max_1899 wrote: »
    its because 90% of the community cant do more than play long balls and run. also it seems like players with 70 shooting score more than those with 90+

    Say for instance they had a 80 cap on pace for weekend league do you think most people’s finish would change drastically? It would be interesting though nevertheless
  • Tennster10
    2648 posts Fans' Favourite
    Max_1899 wrote: »
    its because 90% of the community cant do more than play long balls and run. also it seems like players with 70 shooting score more than those with 90+

    Yep
  • Air Diddy
    2190 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pace is cool no doubt but i like passing and shooting
  • kevinvhwm
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Arsenalman wrote: »
    Your right but how do they make a game where Kane will be more effective than rashford or martial? As long as I can remember pace has been important in Fifa, and yet here we all are still playing. So what actually do we like about the game?

    I continue to play those players who are interesting to me in real football, albeit not as effective in FIFA. I think it is worth increasing the influence of the indicators of the choice of position in attack and defense, strength. Slightly reduce the pace of the players and revise the parameters of the attacking players. The second important factor is the increased chances of missing when players set high speed, especially when it comes to a long run.
Sign In or Register to comment.