Why is everyone accepting untradable sbc rewards?

RSL183
1101 posts Professional
They have slowly come in over the past few years. Now seems everything is untradable. How is this acceptable??

Comments

• RadioShaq
    20560 posts Moderator
    You use them for more sbcs?
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    It's quite good in some ways for trading. Low supply of certain cards for SBCs means that you can make a lot of coin if you're smart.

My squad so far mainly from trading with discards...

gJasYf4.jpg
  • Gorda
    3892 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2020
    I mean the temporary league Sbc had alot of untradable bad packs so i just skip those Sbc:s and sell the players instead but its boring with so many bad Sbc:s.
  • MUFC_420
    2924 posts Fans' Favourite
    Called it that this would end up happening. I've came in here looked at 3 threads and each one has reminded me why I didn't bother this year. Great decision I made.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Gorda
    3892 posts National Call-Up
    tommyboyo wrote: »
    It's quite good in some ways for trading. Low supply of certain cards for SBCs means that you can make a lot of coin if you're smart.

gJasYf4.jpg

I think people don't get this sometimes.

Untradeable rewards make the cards that are tradeable on the market worth more (basic supply and demand).

Everyone wants tradeable rewards and to pack Messi and a couple of icons in the first month, but if that is happening to everyone, then the market crashes and nothing is worth anything!!

Why do you think they pump out loads and loads of sbcs around Black Friday.
    they pump out these repeatable 83 and 84 Sbc:s so when people buy FIFA points they get value from the coins they make from the Sbc fodder and continue buy packs with FIFA points.

• [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thefranchise92
    8433 posts League Winner

gJasYf4.jpg

Bloody hell knowles u just been doing the main method? Surprised you’ve not only gone quite meta but also done so many sbcs and weak footed players.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class

gJasYf4.jpg

Bloody hell knowles u just been doing the main method? Surprised you’ve not only gone quite meta but also done so many sbcs and weak footed players.

An adaption of the main method 😉
  • Thefranchise92
    8433 posts League Winner

gJasYf4.jpg

An adaption of the main method 😉

Branching out to all kinds of cards instead of just defenders?
  • WFCBagnall
    98348 posts Moderator
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    You use them for more sbcs?

If there was a system similar to rivals where you had an option for x1 the packs for tradeable and x2 the packs as untradeable, then that would be fair and then using them for more sbcs would be a good option.

But changing all gold packs in leagues to untradeable and leaving the predominantly silver packs as tradeable is simply not on.

Add the fact there is no player reward and the time limit on them, it's just absolutely stupid that they're going down the whole untradeable route (after starting it off with other sbcs) with league sbcs which is one of themost engaging bits of content on this game.

It's completely killed it off.
  • Air Diddy
    2190 posts Fans' Favourite
    EAs way of making league SBCs less appealing and opens the door to completely removing them

Was looking forward to doing them this year....not so much now. Ill.just build 2 player upgrades instead lol
  • pekkaa88
    7267 posts Big Money Move
    What do you mean by accepting?

I would totally go riot in the streets, but I'm afraid someone might think I riot because of other reasons
  • SmokeSwift1
    4385 posts National Call-Up
    Gorda wrote: »

gJasYf4.jpg

I think people don't get this sometimes.

Untradeable rewards make the cards that are tradeable on the market worth more (basic supply and demand).

Everyone wants tradeable rewards and to pack Messi and a couple of icons in the first month, but if that is happening to everyone, then the market crashes and nothing is worth anything!!

Why do you think they pump out loads and loads of sbcs around Black Friday.
    they pump out these repeatable 83 and 84 Sbc:s so when people buy FIFA points they get value from the coins they make from the Sbc fodder and continue buy packs with FIFA points.

Basically yes, otherwise the market would just collapse, as everyone would have lots of supply and there would be jack squat demand.

EA don't care if the "market" collapses. They don't care about 75 rated players being discards or gold Semedo being 5K. No matter how much supply the Cruyff,R9,Neymar,Mbappe,Cr7 are always so expensive and that's why people buy fifapoints. To get coins to buy those players.
    EA controls the rate of those players being in packs regardless of fifapoints spent. No wonder in fifa 20 even if you had 15 mill you have to be lucky to snipe Prime R9 because pretty much no one packs the guy. Always extinct or 1 or 2 on market regardless of rewards,SBC packs and fifapoints being opened. EA controls the supply of those players

EA releases those SBCs in black friday not for market but if people keep packing nothing, they will stop buying fifapoints and contemplate buying coins or joining a trading or something.
  • AlexBear012
    3408 posts National Call-Up
    If every single SBC was tradeable, market would be really often pretty much dead (yes people would complain both ways anyway)

I think a mix of both to be fine, tbf
  • RSL183
    1101 posts Professional
    If every single SBC was tradeable, market would be really often pretty much dead (yes people would complain both ways anyway)

I think a mix of both to be fine, tbf

Agree.. but there seems to be more and more untradable packs back
  • starfox1284
    3611 posts National Call-Up
    The average player doesnt have the time to trade like some of you. Ive got 2.5m coins but its from simply buy 1 card (if renato at 50k and selling them all this week). The casual buys FP to keep up. Untradeable sbc are a kick in the balls....plus they have released anything worth doing.
  • Grezzerk
    1699 posts Play-Off Hero
    tzinc wrote: »
    Good LET THE MARKET CRASH I don't give a 🎃🎃🎃🎃 🎃🎃🎃🎃 about the market I want to play with Messi and an ICON from the 🎃🎃🎃🎃 start of the game!!!!

Can an admin not remove this child from the forums?
    Market crash happens when there is more supply than demand. When there making more and more packs untradeable where do you think the supply is going to come from for massive players like icons and messi? Absolutely clueless.