XBSX - Pre Order In Game Store - LOCKDOWN

blue166
1052 posts Professional
Subject.

I take it for those of us with pre orders in physical Game stores are stuffed as they are non essential shops. So what will happen with pre orders now lockdown is back...

What a time...

Thoughts??

Comments

• Vinny1979
    6016 posts Big Money Move
    Absolute joke isn’t it
  • Sercs
    20792 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2020
    Yeah basically stuffed, you’d like to think they will email giving you the option to deliver.

Think of all the money they will miss out of by not being able to fulfil the orders
  • nathswfc
    1949 posts Play-Off Hero
    My game store called me up earlier. Said i have 2 options. Either make an appointment to go down tuesday/wednesday IF they are still open to pay in full then get it delivered to my home if they have to close. Or wait untill they can open (december)
  • Carlos181
    4735 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2020
    Bestbuy gave me the option to do a curbside pickup. Picking up at 6am on release day.
  • ha032742
    41034 posts Moderator
    Sercs wrote: »
    Yeah basically stuffed, you’d like to think they will email giving you the option to deliver.

Think of all the money they will miss out of by not being able to fulfil the orders

To be fair they could cancel all the orders and stick them online again for delivery only and sell out again :#
  • Azof
    19399 posts World Class
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Sercs wrote: »

To be fair they could cancel all the orders and stick them online again for delivery only and sell out again :#

Sounds like you missed out the first time
  • Sercs
    20792 posts Club Captain
    I just hope my Amazon delivery still comes, got a bad feeling these lockdowns may result in a delay so they can still sell out
  • Sanchezzzz
    5002 posts Big Money Move
    They’ve already said they will be in contact with people well the company I ordered with have. Give them a chance Christ.
  • Sanchezzzz
    5002 posts Big Money Move
    @nathswfc who did you order with mate ?
  • nathswfc
    1949 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »
    @nathswfc who did you order with mate ?
    GAME
  • Benn
    3388 posts National Call-Up
    nathswfc wrote: »
    My game store called me up earlier. Said i have 2 options. Either make an appointment to go down tuesday/wednesday IF they are still open to pay in full then get it delivered to my home if they have to close. Or wait untill they can open (december)

ffs really hope that ain't the case!

Will be fuming

How can they not just organize delivery?
  • ccooaattssyy
    16019 posts World Class
    It will just be delivered.
  • Benn
    It will just be delivered.

Idk

My local store said I need to take my ID & etc in when I collect it

I'm hoping I can go into the store Monday, give them my ID to verify and etc, and then switch to delivery

Read a lot of stuff saying they won't be able to deliveries though as appaz its all at max capacity but who knows

so annoying
  • nathswfc
    1949 posts Play-Off Hero
    Benn wrote: »

Will be fuming

You gotta pay up first then you can sort it online to be delivered. Il be going down on tuesday to pay and find out what the crack is
  • Dan_AFC90
    1461 posts Play-Off Hero
    I was in contact with GAME last week about this. They’ll send emails out soon but they’ll just switch your order to an online one as they took either your email OR reward card details

Just make sure you reward card email is up to date!
  • Benn

Will be fuming

You gotta pay up first then you can sort it online to be delivered. Il be going down on tuesday to pay and find out what the crack is

Can you not just do the payment plan but have the delivery method switched to online? so dumb
  • Dan_AFC90
    1461 posts Play-Off Hero
    Also check @game_mk twitter account. They’re ringing people tomorrow
  • nathswfc
    1949 posts Play-Off Hero
  • nathswfc
    1949 posts Play-Off Hero

Will be fuming

Can you not just do the payment plan but have the delivery method switched to online? so dumb

No idea mate. Give them a call or nip in tomorrow/monday
  • Dan_AFC90
    1461 posts Play-Off Hero

Yep few are going with this. Let us know what they say bud?
  • ccooaattssyy
    16019 posts World Class
    Also, who goes to a shop these days?
  • nathswfc
    1949 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dan_AFC90 wrote: »

When i log into my game app it does say xbox series x and that it will be delivered on the 10th
  • Azof
    19399 posts World Class
    Just checked my PS5 order, don't remember selecting home delivery but we gucci
  • Dan_AFC90
    1461 posts Play-Off Hero

When i log into my game app it does say xbox series x and that it will be delivered on the 10th

For an in-store order as opposed to an online order? Shouldn’t do
  • nathswfc
    1949 posts Play-Off Hero

I think they may of changed it over. Not sure, will find out for sure on tuesday when i go in to pay in full
  • Dan_AFC90
    1461 posts Play-Off Hero

I think they may of changed it over. Not sure, will find out for sure on tuesday when i go in to pay in full

We’ll get them on launch eitherway. I’ll ring them tomorrow too
  • Ulook92
    21152 posts Club Captain
    Also, who goes to a shop these days?

People who like it old school. I still prefer to buy the disc for that good old feeling.

Although i have to agree. It this unprecedented time, surely you should have considered yhe possibility of this.
  • Benn
    I had to go in-store to get mine, I tried online which was my first choice but the website was crashing nonstop so had no choice
  • leea12345
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect
    blue166 wrote: »
    Subject.

I take it for those of us with pre orders in physical Game stores are stuffed as they are non essential shops. So what will happen with pre orders now lockdown is back...

What a time...

Thoughts??

you will proberly get it little later or posted to you, but who really cares . Not exactly important compared to people losing there life is it
  • blue166
    1052 posts Professional
    leea12345 wrote: »
    blue166 wrote: »
    Subject.

What a time...

Thoughts??

you will proberly get it little later or posted to you, but who really cares . Not exactly important compared to people losing there life is it

No it's not but thats the job for the government and not us gamers. They are the ones who left this probably 3 weeks later.

Anyways. There's always kids starving to death elsewhere every other day for ever! We don't just throw that into every post do we?

Just saying.