So how is FIFA 21?

1
MUFC_420
2924 posts Fans' Favourite
Have I made the correct decision to take a year out? I'm hearing it's all the same old same old and the delay is as bad as ever is there truth to this?

Was considering getting it for the PS5 but not even going to bother now unless the reviews on PS5 are alot different and the delay isn't a thing on there. I just can't see that happening.

Really intrigued to see what Konami come back with next year when they release their new rebuilt game. I really hope we're about to go back to the PES years.

EA will have nobody to blame but themselves.

Comments

  • princeapalia
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2020
    Better than FIFA 19 and 20, but that’s a hilariously low bar to set. I still wouldn’t describe the game as ‘good’.

    The gameplay still has the inherent faults and flaws that have existed for countless years, and the meta is still unbelievably boring because 99% of your opponents will have a meta team or try to abuse the mechanics as much as possible
  • RadioShaq
    20804 posts Moderator
    It’s pretty good this year. I would say the no fitness has been my favorite change. That and the change to make the game casual with all the friendlies and capping games. I never have delay.
  • Grezzerk
    1699 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’m really enjoying it this year tbh. Of course your going to have a bunch of children on here complaining it’s terrible as that’s just how this community is. I’d definitely try it out yourself. You could probably pick it up cheap aswell when it comes out for next gen consoles.
  • StarfishC
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Kind of tempted now they've knocked Ultimate Edition down to £60 or so. Imagine paying £90, and three weeks later it's reduced 30%! :hushed:
  • FutGuy
    1545 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’m enjoying it especially the friendly modes for objectives and special totw cards.
  • Grezzerk
    1699 posts Play-Off Hero
    Grezzerk wrote: »
    I’m really enjoying it this year tbh. Of course your going to have a bunch of children on here complaining it’s terrible as that’s just how this community is

    Ah yes, someone doesn’t like the game, so they must be a ‘child’

    Deary me, this forum...

    I’m on about the pathetic posts people do when they lose a game and come on here creating threads that they lost because of terrible lag, people abusing skills Or that it’s pay to win when in reality it’s just that they lost to a better player.
    Of course some people won’t like the game for genuine reasons and I respect there opinions. However the vast majority of the posts slating the game on here are from guys acting like kids because they lost to a better player and just can’t admit it so have to think of any possible reason why.
  • StarfishC
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    StarfishC wrote: »
    Kind of tempted now they've knocked Ultimate Edition down to £60 or so. Imagine paying £90, and three weeks later it's reduced 30%! :hushed:

    Now I've actually looked into what you paid £30 for over the Standard edition, I wouldn't bother. So basically you pay more for early access and extra packs, and since the early access is done it's just the ropey (untradeable?) packs. What does 'up to 24 packs' mean anyway? Just nah.
  • Grezzerk
    1699 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2020
    StarfishC wrote: »
    StarfishC wrote: »
    Kind of tempted now they've knocked Ultimate Edition down to £60 or so. Imagine paying £90, and three weeks later it's reduced 30%! :hushed:

    Now I've actually looked into what you paid £30 for over the Standard edition, I wouldn't bother. So basically you pay more for early access and extra packs, and since the early access is done it's just the ropey (untradeable?) packs. What does 'up to 24 packs' mean anyway? Just nah.

    24 rare gold packs that are tradeable. 500 fifa points per pack equivalent so your essentially getting 12k worth of Fifa points for a little extra. If you load up fifa points now and then it’s definitely worth it.

    Edit: forgot to answer the last bit.. it says up to 24 because if you miss a week you don’t get those packs you lose them. So it’s 2 packs a week for 12 weeks. They do it so you can’t save packs I’m assuming.
  • MUFC_420
    2924 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is gameplay running smooth and responsive though that's all I care about. New features or anything outside of gameplay doesn't interest me if the game doesn't work properly.

    So basically what I'm wanting to know is FIFA 21 smooth and responsive or is it still a lottery and different gameplay from day to day? This is what matters to me.
  • Wayno69
    1898 posts Play-Off Hero
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    Have I made the correct decision to take a year out? I'm hearing it's all the same old same old and the delay is as bad as ever is there truth to this?

    Was considering getting it for the PS5 but not even going to bother now unless the reviews on PS5 are alot different and the delay isn't a thing on there. I just can't see that happening.

    Really intrigued to see what Konami come back with next year when they release their new rebuilt game. I really hope we're about to go back to the PES years.

    EA will have nobody to blame but themselves.

    Same sheeet tbh not as bad as 20 tho. Game is much more enjoyable for me!
  • Grezzerk
    1699 posts Play-Off Hero
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    Is gameplay running smooth and responsive though that's all I care about. New features or anything outside of gameplay doesn't interest me if the game doesn't work properly.

    So basically what I'm wanting to know is FIFA 21 smooth and responsive or is it still a lottery and different gameplay from day to day? This is what matters to me.

    Still get lag unfortunately so if you want a completely smooth and responsive game then I’d say give it a pass. Like I said I’m enjoying it but lag doesn’t bother me that much tbh as I just play for fun and don’t take it very seriously. I think lag is always going to be a problem in Fifa tbh.
  • MUFC_420
    2924 posts Fans' Favourite
    Grezzerk wrote: »
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    Is gameplay running smooth and responsive though that's all I care about. New features or anything outside of gameplay doesn't interest me if the game doesn't work properly.

    So basically what I'm wanting to know is FIFA 21 smooth and responsive or is it still a lottery and different gameplay from day to day? This is what matters to me.

    Still get lag unfortunately so if you want a completely smooth and responsive game then I’d say give it a pass. Like I said I’m enjoying it but lag doesn’t bother me that much tbh as I just play for fun and don’t take it very seriously. I think lag is always going to be a problem in Fifa tbh.

    Yeah mate in 2020 when I'm paying for top internet services and have a great gaming setup I do want a completely smooth and responsive game. And that's exactly what I get with any other game I play. It's not much to ask for.

    My questions have been answered. Between here and another thread I just seen I actually feel sorry for you guys. It's the early stages and only goes downhill from here, we all know this is a fact.

    Good luck everyone but I'm sticking to the games that developers put plenty of time and love into their products and actually work properly. Couldn't do another year of this mess 🤣
  • scrubosaurus
    485 posts An Exciting Prospect
    if you like lag menus, slugish game. auto blocks, depth 1, park the bus, pace abuse, circus skills, p2w...you will enjoy fifa 21
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    I'm really enjoying it, but the ai blocking is a nuisance.
  • Grezzerk
    1699 posts Play-Off Hero
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    Grezzerk wrote: »
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    Is gameplay running smooth and responsive though that's all I care about. New features or anything outside of gameplay doesn't interest me if the game doesn't work properly.

    So basically what I'm wanting to know is FIFA 21 smooth and responsive or is it still a lottery and different gameplay from day to day? This is what matters to me.

    Still get lag unfortunately so if you want a completely smooth and responsive game then I’d say give it a pass. Like I said I’m enjoying it but lag doesn’t bother me that much tbh as I just play for fun and don’t take it very seriously. I think lag is always going to be a problem in Fifa tbh.

    Yeah mate in 2020 when I'm paying for top internet services and have a great gaming setup I do want a completely smooth and responsive game. And that's exactly what I get with any other game I play. It's not much to ask for.

    My questions have been answered. Between here and another thread I just seen I actually feel sorry for you guys. It's the early stages and only goes downhill from here, we all know this is a fact.

    Good luck everyone but I'm sticking to the games that developers put plenty of time and love into their products and actually work properly. Couldn't do another year of this mess 🤣

    Yes hopefully if pes comes back strong next year they might get there act together and upgrade the servers but very doubtful knowing ea. I’d say check back on here when the next gen version is out and see what people are saying then as it may be better.
  • NornIron
    16089 posts World Class
    edited October 2020
    If u had delay last year you'll have it this year. So basically the same game maybe worst.
    Without delay its good.
  • DaMMian
    2584 posts Fans' Favourite
    The code is very rough
  • CharlieC
    7433 posts League Winner
    I might buy a cheap copy after Christmas for a tenner.
  • vjake
    1060 posts Professional
    It's average. Better than the last 2 I guess. Constant AI blocked shots now though.
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    The non-competitive stuff is good this year. No need to throw yourself into the grind. Big step up on last year (though as said further up, that is a particularly low bar to clear)
  • AlwaysDisappointed
    1907 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2020
    1. AI block are crazy
    2. Passing is ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    3. Insane delay
    4. Menus are ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    5. Shot animations are slow which makes autoblocks easier
    6. They made defense more manual, which is a plus, but failed to improve tackling mechanics so if you commit to a tackle and don't get the ball you are screwed.
    7. Refs are the worst they've ever been
    8. Players sometimes run past the ball when you pass to them

    Overall the game is a 2/10 and I would not reccomend it to anyone in it's current state.

    If anyone wants to add to this, please go ahead.
    Post edited by AlwaysDisappointed on
  • Rsscllghn
    442 posts Sunday League Hero
    1/10, was 5 before the patch. It's now fifav20 again
  • Moose Factory
    6352 posts Big Money Move
    The Silver Lounge is the best part of this year's FIFA.
  • Oldgmrdad
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    Amazing, but I took 20 off.
  • Ballerson
    1670 posts Play-Off Hero
    1. AI block are crazy
    2. Passing is 🎃🎃🎃🎃
    3. Insane delay
    4. Menus are 🎃🎃🎃🎃
    5. Shot animations are slow which makes autoblocks easier
    6. They made defense more manual, which is a plus, but failed to improve tackling mechanics so if you commit to a tackle and don't get the ball you are screwed.
    7. Refs are the worst they've ever been
    8. Players sometimes run past the ball when you pass to them

    Overall the game is a 2/10 and I would not reccomend it to anyone in it's current state.

    If anyone wants to add to this, please go ahead.

    I agree with all this. Add in: rampant offsides calls, same ball dynamics issues as previous, restart goals still a problem...

    I also agree with Shaq & others that the Silver Lounge is fun — good games —more content like this is fun...wish there were live tournaments with this kind of non meta Non agro cards that don’t take such a significant time weekend commitment but that we could earn cards or awards etc...

    Good move to eradicate fitness cards.

    I suppose the MBAS at EA think this will cut into the revenue stream but I’d argue EA are losing players because the fun factor is decreasing....more people are just sick of the same brokenness every year...




  • Burnzee Boyee
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm in Div 6-5 so its Brill 😆

    Usually a div 6-7, last year I struggled and spent the last 4 months in div 9.
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    Its definitely better than 19/20 its still got loads of issues that we have been complaining about for years like input delay and judt random ai bs happening at crucial time in games

    busy times game is barely playable just like past year
  • Mogga
    3613 posts National Call-Up
    Points required for the various rivals ranks in FUT20 have been steadily increasing last 2 or 3 weeks. It would appear the player base has increased on it .

    Just wish they'd still release the odd sbc
Sign In or Register to comment.