What actually goes on in WL?

Blackpoolmonster
4695 posts National Call-Up
edited October 2020
So this weekend I've managed to cruise to 12 wins with 12 games remaining.

I've now lost 5 on the bounce, in 18 games in lost 6 but suddenly I've reached 12 wins and I've lost 6 straight?

It just confuses me, I've played a couple of really good players where they just smashed me but a couple of rhe games have just been goals in 40/45 minutes or 85/90 minutes.

Its not pressure or bottle because I genuinely don't care what rank I get im only playing for fun but whats going on? I don't understand it. Is my form mega high or something, I mean why am I suddenly playing such great players?

Comments

• Double_D
    928 posts Semi-Pro
    From my experience that’s when it starts to get difficult. Once you hit Silver 1. Pretty sure you get matched with opponents in the same bracket as you.
  • BCFCMike94
    82 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2020
    I'm pretty sure it tries to match you up with someone at a similar rank. The fact you're at 12 wins already, I'd expect the majority would be division 1 or 2 players already at that stage. The more wins you're at, the harder your opponents should become... I think that's how its aimed to work anyway.

But I totally get your frustration, this is where the shouts of scripting comes from too.
  • Keano
    20010 posts Club Captain
    First 5 games are unranked so against anyone, after that you gain +1 up to 15 for how many wins you have against losses, more wins better opponents.

So you got some wins then started to face better players.
  • Thunder001
    820 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2020
    Playing better players. Simple really.
  • Blackpoolmonster
    4695 posts National Call-Up
    Keano wrote: »
    First 5 games are unranked so against anyone, after that you gain +1 up to 15 for how many wins you have against losses, more wins better opponents.

I didnt know that, thank you for explaining.
  • Keano wrote: »

First 5 games are not unranked.