Fifa's Biggest Fanboy: List of the TEN biggest online issues

Bonusb3rtie
590 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited October 2020
Hi EA

It's me! Your biggest fan!

Listen, I have had to endure numerous insults on here, simply for liking your game. I have often been accused of being an employee too, such is the burden I bear.

I have defended you to the hilt. And beyond! My reputation lies in tatters and my psychologist is kept busy by my frequent trips to him to deal with my mental mood swings caused by being chased around this forum by my little pack of yelping pups 🐶

All this I can bear (resists posting bear emoji) but we have a deal, remember?

The deal which keeps me fighting in your corner, suffering the slings and arrows of abuse that comes my way.

The deal is.....

....you release a good online game that I can actually stand up for on here.

Like genuinely stand up for. Not pretend to defend just to wind the rest of them up on here (sometimes I dislike myself a little godammit!)

Anyway EA, what have you gone and done. Eh? Youve released a game that is full of the ol' faults. Not one big error, or two, but TEN? TEN!!

Dont make me list them!

Ok I'm gonna list them.

And before I do, remember I still win most my games (Seasons W32 D2 L10 pretty bad actually)

And also remember, I aint gonna ❤️❤️❤️❤️, whine and vent. I will just tell you factually what is happening in an online game that you made recently called Fifa 21.

Here we go, you cads:

1. Goalkeepers let in terrible below average shots.
2. There is very little midfield play. It is all end to end, basketball style.
3. I rarely intercept passes even when I know where the opponent will pass
4. The defence vs attack is not balanced. Attack is far too OP.
5. Hardly any red cards, even for the most atrocious Vinny Jones slide tackles from the back.
6. Player contact results in fouls far too much of the time
7. Ping pong passing is rewarded and accurate far more than it should be
8. Tackles bounce back to the attackers an inordinate amount of times
9. Autoblocks and autoclearences are insane and happen way too much
10. When you go shoulder to shoulder with someone, strength should win a good amount of time. It doesn't.

You've let let me down here EA. I might even need to retreat off grid to my penthouse in the Cayman Islands because my life ain't worth jack here on the forums now.

Your games used to have faults. Pretty big ones. Lob through ball being OP back in the day, but we learned the one or two exploits and, hey, no big deal.

I think it was 18 that was pretty well rounded with no major flaws. The halcyon days of yonder!

But they've been creeping in the last few years I must say, you naughty rabbits! But it was "fine."

When get it right you GET. IT. RIGHT.

I play Fifa more than ANY OTHER GAME in my extensive library.

But ten faults?? TEN????!!

Listen, my pretend employers, let's just sort this and move on. Fix the faults over a couple of patches, or one by one. No biggie. It'll be like the dream sequence in Dallas. It never happened!

I'll cross them off here one by one and get back to defending your game.

Then I can attract all the hate from the yelping pack and you guys can escape over the horizon scot free.

Cmon EA lets make this a pact.

Your loyal servant/employee/fanboy

BB
Post edited by Bonusb3rtie on

Comments

• You can have that one mate at least it shows you do indeed have a sense of humour .

• scrubosaurus
    485 posts An Exciting Prospect
    its not a bug, its a feature
  • Bonusb3rtie
    You can have that one mate at least it shows you do indeed have a sense of humour .

Thanks man 😃👍❤
  • TM1982
    627 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The biggest thing that bugs me about fifa at the moment is that they can’t seem to improve online without making offline gameplays worse. Or the other way round. Offline at the moment I do find enjoyable. But obviously they seem to have their problems online. And each year when they release the patches it ruins the offline game.
  • SonicKante
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Nothing wrong with the game. Cry babies that struggle at the game will always be cry babies. This fifa rewards positive attacking play that’s how it should be. Quit crying that goalkeepers aren’t ramped up in the poorer players favour and the like
  • Bonusb3rtie
    edited October 2020
    SonicKante wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with the game. Cry babies that struggle at the game will always be cry babies. This fifa rewards positive attacking play that’s how it should be. Quit crying that goalkeepers aren’t ramped up in the poorer players favour and the like

Nevermind.

I can understand your attitude.

It's infantile but I can understand it 👍
    Post edited by Bonusb3rtie on
  • Bonusb3rtie
    edited November 2020
    Hi EA

Me again.

Now we have reached Novembee and, as far as I can see you have addressed none of these factual issues.

(Can ANYONE on the forum argue against this stuff? I really REALLY want to be wrong.)

4. The defence vs attack is not balanced. Attack is far too OP.
    5. Hardly any red cards, even for the most atrocious Vinny Jones slide tackles from the back.
    6. Player contact results in fouls far too much of the time
    7. Ping pong passing is rewarded and accurate far more than it should be
    10. When you go shoulder to shoulder with someone, strength should win a good amount of time. It doesn't.

Lets not leave this until December to fix eh?

Your struggling fanboy

BB
  • Kingofpro66
    320 posts Sunday League Hero
    Totally disagree with your nr 4. The attack too OP? You want them to make the defence stronger AI?
    Are you of your mind? Do you remember FIFA 20? The defence was too overpowered that most games ended 1-0. After the goal the players sat down with their 1 depth overload?
  • Bonusb3rtie
    Totally disagree with your nr 4. The attack too OP? You want them to make the defence stronger AI?
    Are you of your mind? Do you remember FIFA 20? The defence was too overpowered that most games ended 1-0. After the goal the players sat down with their 1 depth overload?

Fair comment but I also think it is a well documented opinion that most people on here and that I know say attack is too OP.

Is it opinion or fact then? Well I have played over 100 games online and a huge amount of them are high scoring.

And, again, everyone says the same thing on here.

1 nil in football is much more common than 5-4 so I think we can deduct it as fact that attack is too OP, with some rational thinking.

You dont like 1 nils. Fine. You like high scoring games. Fine.

You have the game you want and I am happy for you.

But to me it doesn't feel like football. And this is a game that clearly tries to replicate football.

So...
  • Bonusb3rtie
    Lets have a look at this list then, 4 months later.

4. The defence vs attack is not balanced. Attack is far too OP. Scores are too high.
    6. Very slight player contact results in fouls and penalties far too much of the time
    7. Blind ping pong passing is rewarded and accurate far more than it should be
    10. Power in your passing is not reflected accurately.far too often

Just wanted to say thanks EA for listening to your fanbase and fixing these errors, as they were getting annoyi...

*switches on PS5*

Oh.

They are still there.

All ten.

*switches off PS5*