Custom tactics to stop free run onto goal

Kingdingaling
2852 posts National Call-Up
Majority of games I'm having over 65 possession but one long lump up field there through on goal where my players always run towards the ball not make forward runs what's best tactics this year

Comments

• RadioShaq
    19795 posts Moderator
    Have everyone stay back.
  • Unparalleled
    957 posts Professional
    fast defenders, stay back, narrow width, low depth
  • Kingdingaling

Got carlos milato mendy carvahal as defenders have all defence on stay back both cdms on stay back would it be better to have cdms work rates as low high med high rather than both hgh hgh
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up

Got carlos milato mendy carvahal as defenders have all defence on stay back both cdms on stay back would it be better to have cdms work rates as low high med high rather than both hgh hgh

Mate, you are about to have the most boring game experience known to man!
  • Kingdingaling
    tommyboyo wrote: »

Mate, you are about to have the most boring game experience known to man!

Hardly boring I don't play drop back and never will. Just gets irratating having to score 5 every game to win when they think they are skilled cos they do drop back n one long kick upfield n through on goal. Worst fifa game ever made
  • Tennster10
    2643 posts Fans' Favourite
    Play 3 atb. It help me against thru ball.
  • Tennster10 wrote: »

Yes this works as a charm.. Whenever I come across these players (almost immediately recognizable by their lineup) I change to 3-5-2 and defense on stay back. They dont have a clue what to do then
  • Kingdingaling
    Tennster10 wrote: »

Yes this works as a charm.. Whenever I come across these players (almost immediately recognizable by their lineup) I change to 3-5-2 and defense on stay back. They dont have a clue what to do then

I was thinking that or have you tried 5221 or 541 so you always have full back to cover like Davies has enough to play as a wing back
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    maybe increase the depth? and put keeper to sweeper
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move

Keen to explore, how different would it be from a 5-3-2?
  • Kingdingaling
    JWNYsg wrote: »

Keen to explore, how different would it be from a 5-3-2?

Surely 5 is better with the full backs to cover long balls down the wing but the likes of semedo mendy Davies be best suited I think anyway