So now what?

Blackpoolmonster
4694 posts National Call-Up
edited October 2020
First off, this isn't really me moaning I'm just curious.

I've played all my weekend league games and it would appear my rivals rank in division 2 is set, because I cant now get anymore points.

I've played a few squad battle games, a few friendlies and as of yesterday morning fifa 21 has not been turned back on.

Now I know im not forced to play it, but its the second week into the game and I've literally got nothing to play for.

Is anyone else in the same boat? I can see this getting boring very quickly at this rate, play your 30 weekend league games, and wait for rewards on Thursday. Repeat all year.

Why am I upgrading my team if I don't actually have a reason to play the game during the week if they have capped the points you can earn, but can still lose rivals points if you play after those 30 games?

Odd, or am I not seeing a bigger picture here?

Comments

• Chavez76
    9297 posts League Winner
    you can also still win rival points as well (well,you can promote).

But I agree, I dont like the new setup either. Played 24 games in WL, and already played some games on Thurs and Fri, so Im capped as well. No 'need' at all to play.
  • ASX
    3534 posts National Call-Up

I didn't play WL but did my 30 rivals games, rank 1 at 18500 points.

Will play some squad battles, coop games and maybe some drafts...still a bit to do between now and Thursday.
  • Chavez76
    9297 posts League Winner
    Shutup wrote: »
    Does anyone remember when we used to not have SBCs, rewards or objectives, and just played because we liked playing football games?

Didn't think so

@Shutup : shutup! :)
  • Blackpoolmonster
    ASX wrote: »
    I didn't play WL but did my 30 rivals games, rank 1 at 18500 points.

Will play some squad battles, coop games and maybe some drafts...still a bit to do between now and Thursday.

I agree there is
    Does anyone remember when we used to not have SBCs, rewards or objectives, and just played because we liked playing football games?

Didn't think so

We have always had something to play for. I've played Ultimate team since it was a free download and even back then you had a little collection book to grind through.

Just seems weird what they are doing this year.
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite

Didn't think so

Yea it used to be an achievement to win the title in div 1 for that 7.5 k premium gold pack now everyone wants to relegate to div 4 as it's to much hassle in div 1.
  • RadioShaq
    18555 posts Moderator
    You could always play for fun. A lot need a grind though so maybe ea should separate the rewards then you can play 30 wl then 30 rivals. It’s probably aimed at casuals to be able to compete with capped games.
  • Blackpoolmonster
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    You just play too much lol

I definitely don't, I stopped playing 20 for the last 8 months as I hated it, the first time I've done so.

I bought 21 and found it really enjoyable, until the gameplay somehow changed last week anyway :D

I just feel like they have made everyone into such a sweatbox that playing it "for fun" is difficult in division 2.

Maybe I'm at a point where fifa isn't for me anymore.
  • I bought 21 and found it really enjoyable, until the gameplay somehow changed last week anyway :D

Gameplays the exact same.
  • Chavez76
    9297 posts League Winner
    I bought 21 and found it really enjoyable, until the gameplay somehow changed last week anyway :D

it's not
  • Smudge
    5050 posts Big Money Move
    Drafts are fun, if you're div 2 you can probably win a few
  • Chavez76 wrote: »

it's not

It is.
  • SebastienEngelhart
    590 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Bring back bronze and silver tourines
  • Mini_Miudo
    10005 posts Has That Special Something
    This just about sums up Fifa. Most other games, you play for fun and because you enjoy them. For example, I’ve been playing Apex for over a year and a half (when it came out) and after nearly 8000 games I still enjoy it and come back to play it almost every day, despite the lack of constant content. Used to do that with Fortnite and Rocket League too.

Fifa, on the other hand? lol Week 2 of the game and people don’t wanna play it because “there’s nothing to play for”. The gameplay is so incredibly bad that the only reason anyone plays it is to get their dopamine fix from opening packs, literally nothing else.
  • Mmandras
    5681 posts Big Money Move
    A friend of mine suggested that EA just don't want to give away both prizes. However I think about it, it just doesn't make sense, besides that argument, that EA is just being more stingy with rewards this time around. Funny that I didn't think about that one myself.
  • Boysie91
    13782 posts World Class
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    You just play too much lol

I definitely don't, I stopped playing 20 for the last 8 months as I hated it, the first time I've done so.

I just feel like they have made everyone into such a sweatbox that playing it "for fun" is difficult in division 2.

Maybe I'm at a point where fifa isn't for me anymore.

You played all 30 WL games plus friendlies and SB so yeah you play too much. I still have 4 games left in rivals and I stopped at G3 I even played a couple games thursday and friday.
    If you feel like you need to play something go play a different mode or a different game even.
  • Mmandras
    5681 posts Big Money Move
    Smudge wrote: »

Draft needs serious overhaul of rewards or the cost of entry.

We need tokens in packs, also.
  • Mmandras wrote: »
    Smudge wrote: »

Draft needs serious overhaul of rewards or the cost of entry.

We need tokens in packs, also.

You're lucky to make the 15k back for winning it sometimes. Some of the packs are god awful too. Proper neglected game mode.
  • Vichy360
    344 posts Sunday League Hero

it's not
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    There are still loads of things to play for if that is the motivation you need.

Unless you have completed all the milestones, objectives and the like already?
  • Hoopsterz
    2948 posts Fans' Favourite
    BristolMDF wrote: »

Didn't think so

Nail on the head. Bunch of spoiled brats moaning because there’s nothing free for them to ‘grind’ for.

Chill out in friendly modes or carry on playing rivals. Not everything has to be a constant grind towards more and more stuff.

Go back a few years and there was literally nothing. No content, no SBCS, no new players, no objectives, just playing games because you’re a football fan and want to play a football game.

Kids these days....

Back in the day when an IF was actually an upgrade and not just a +1

Back in the day when the wasn't really an meta (apart from Nilmar and Brasilvers) but even those meta were abused like they were today because people played for fun.
  • Blackpoolmonster

It is 100% not.

BristolMDF wrote: »

Didn't think so

Nail on the head. Bunch of spoiled brats moaning because there’s nothing free for them to ‘grind’ for.

Chill out in friendly modes or carry on playing rivals. Not everything has to be a constant grind towards more and more stuff.

Go back a few years and there was literally nothing. No content, no SBCS, no new players, no objectives, just playing games because you’re a football fan and want to play a football game.

Kids these days....

Go back a few years and I could play an entire year using silver Brazilians on English league bronzes and have fun.

Maybe you're right and I'm just being entitled, sorry.
  • Gameplay hasn't changed at all it's all in your heads
  • Seandimes
    3319 posts National Call-Up
    I dont understand why people always need something to play for. If you enjoy the game, just play, if you dont, rewards dont matter anyways
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    Gameplay hasn't changed at all it's all in your heads

Agreed
  • Seandimes wrote: »
    I dont understand why people always need something to play for. If you enjoy the game, just play, if you dont, rewards dont matter anyways

Nobody wants to play division one sweat fest games for fun. Can imagine a lot of people will be relegating now.
  • Moose Factory
    5864 posts Big Money Move
    Go outside!!! With a mask on, gloves, goggles, and a face shield... Nevermind. Just play Tony Hawk remastered in between FIFA.