Anyone else bored of FUT21 Already?

BondJame5Collins
2716 posts Fans' Favourite
Nothing against the game as the gameplay, WL aside, is generally enjoyable, but i am already bored. I think its because i overplayed 20 during lockdown, but my need to play has gone.

I feel FUT should be a 2 year game. EA just cram as much as they can into one year, and if you need a break from the game, you are left behind. If its 2 years, EA can

- Really spend time in making the game as good as possible (players still have the same card image as 20)
- Spread out the content a bit more
- Have new and different promos
- The game would always have an international tournament in the summer meaning players are likely to carry on playing.

The players would be able to:

- Take a break, and not feel the need to play every WL.
- Casual players will be able to grind towards the better players

EA can still keep things fresh over two years by:

- Adding new ICONS in the summer - like they did with Riquelme
- Having promos through the World Cup/Euros
- New Transfers etc...

At the moment, it feels like you need to play this gamemode an unhealthy amount to get the most out of it. Like today, i still have 20 FutChamps games to play and i just cba.

Comments

• SeñorCatflap
    1934 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah people with 99 rated TOTS for 16 months sounds fun!
  • BondJame5Collins
    edited October 2020
    Yeah people with 99 rated TOTS for 16 months sounds fun!

If its a 2 year cycle, they could still release the top tier cards towards the end, maybe after a year? In the mean time, they can have better content and sbcs. I mean, TOTS comes out too late, people maybe use them for a month before the game cycle ends.

EG, Icon Moments SBCs: Players who won't make it as an icon, but had an iconic season or tournament. Could have 1 of these randomly drop every other month. Eg, Diego Milito for his CL performances for Inter.

The gamemode has so much potential, but its just stale now, same promos and players every year. Streamers end up with the same team every year. It needs a refresh and that won't happen if EA are re-releasing every year.
  • V l u m s d e n
    2369 posts Fans' Favourite
    I found last year a lot more interesting, Ea should bring player league player storyline objectives but don’t include must win as it will just turn out like fifa 20 with self relegates, I’m getting rather bored already the sbcs have been pitiful. Objectives still aren’t registering and with the new stadiums I really thought they would be a different selection of stands and designs but it just goes to show the lack of effort ea put in during this game.
  • BondJame5Collins
    I found last year a lot more interesting, Ea should bring player league player storyline objectives but don’t include must win as it will just turn out like fifa 20 with self relegates, I’m getting rather bored already the sbcs have been pitiful. Objectives still aren’t registering and with the new stadiums I really thought they would be a different selection of stands and designs but it just goes to show the lack of effort ea put in during this game.

This is what i mean, every year the game feels rushed. Like just something simple like changing the card images would make the player feel like they are playing a new game. The graphics this year look terrible.
  • Gnomenclature
    8246 posts League Winner
    We need a very good scream promo to pick things up around here... The player sbcs have been dreadful. Objectives have been meh.

The crazy market crash has everyone down right now.

• BondJame5Collins
    edited October 2020
    We need a very good scream promo to pick things up around here... The player sbcs have been dreadful. Objectives have been meh.

The crazy market crash has everyone down right now.

The thing with the promos is a lot of the cards are terrible in game. There is a theory that is a player has a poor or average gold card, all future cards in game play below the stats suggest.

Future stars for example, this should be a fantastic promo, every football fan loves get the next wonderkid, but these cards are always terrible. Whether thats because of the gold card theory or EA just not watching/understanding football.

Also, people don't really spend on these cards anymore, because of how quick the FIT cycle goes, they often wait for TOTY/TOTS and icons. I barely ever come up against a TOTW player anymore, teams used to be full of them 4 or 5 FUTS ago.
  • what3v3r
    1157 posts Professional
    I think you are spot on @BondJame5Collins . I didn't buy Fifa 21 and from time to time I play Fifa 20 with my god squad and now I think that is quite pointless to build a good team and then give up on it to play the next Fifa. I also agree it would be much more relaxing and also give them the opportunity of building a better game.

But it never going to happy I am afraid, reseting the coins to zero every year means more Fifa points
  • BondJame5Collins
    what3v3r wrote: »
    I think you are spot on @BondJame5Collins . I didn't buy Fifa 21 and from time to time I play Fifa 20 with my god squad and now I think that is quite pointless to build a good team and then give up on it to play the next Fifa. I also agree it would be much more relaxing and also give them the opportunity of building a better game.

But it never going to happy I am afraid, reseting the coins to zero every year means more Fifa points

Yep, unfortunately it all come down to money. It just seems wrong at the moment. TOTS released in May. Game cycle usually ends in July. Prime Icons in December, PIM later in the year, and 0.1% can afford to top tier ones. At least give them a chance to work towards one, spreading it out over two years would do that.