How is Fifa 21 played on the highest levels?

what3v3r
959 posts Professional
Hello Fifa friends,

Fifa 19 and 20 were so bad that this year I decided not to buy Fifa 20. Still, I come to the forum from time to time to see what people are saying. At first , people were very happy with the gameplay and now I see lots of complaints here and on reddit.

After the first weekend league and after a weeks of rivals , I wanted to ask how does it feel to play the game on a high level, and by that I mean, high elo: Division 1 or 15+ wins in weekend league. This was my greatest complaint on Fifa 19 and specially 20. The game was bearable, sometimes even enjoyable when played casually.But division 1 and those last game for Elite were extremely stressful

Comments

• TH14228
    320 posts Sunday League Hero
    D1 and elite + is suppose to be stressful. What else are expecting??
  • TDOF
    8686 posts League Winner
    edited October 2020
    They’re defensive.... barely ever have games above 5 shots in the whole game between both opponents
  • what3v3r
    959 posts Professional
    TH14228 wrote: »

Fun. What else one would expect from a video game?
  • what3v3r
    959 posts Professional
    TDOF wrote: »
    They’re defensive.... barely ever have games above 5 shots in the whole game between both opponents

I was thinking it was the opposite. I was checking Futbin stats and the goal ratio seemed to be way higher than last year. But is is somewhat fun or is it defensive and boring?
  • Mmandras
    5693 posts Big Money Move
    Watch replays on futchamps channel for that?
  • TH14228
    320 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2020
    what3v3r wrote: »

Yes. But if you are playing at the highest level, it’s not about fun. It’s about winning any at cost.

• TDOF
    8686 posts League Winner

I was thinking it was the opposite. I was checking Futbin stats and the goal ratio seemed to be way higher than last year. But is is somewhat fun or is it defensive and boring?

I mean... it’s better than last year, last game most of my games finished 0-0 or 1-0 this year at least there’s 2 goals in most games

You lose focus for 1 second and it’ll cost you, which is how it should be
  • what3v3r
    959 posts Professional
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Watch replays on futchamps channel for that?

I didn't buy the game. I don't have much time to watch youtubers or streamers right now, so I decided to ask here. And besides that Fut champs channel is top 100, elite 1 level. I was an elite 2/3 player
  • what3v3r
    959 posts Professional

Yes. But if you are playing at the highest level, it’s not about fun. It’s about winning any at cost.

This is exactly why I didn't like it. I was hoping that maybe there was a change in direction , but apparently not :/
  • TDOF
    8686 posts League Winner

This is exactly why I didn't like it. I was hoping that maybe there was a change in direction , but apparently not :/

I mean.... it is better than the last 2 FIFA’s by a mile tbh...

Auto blocks however are cranked up to the max...
  • what3v3r
    959 posts Professional

I see, I have heard about auto-blocks. Have you noticed any other exploits or overpowered stuff that might break the gaming experience?
  • RadioShaq
    18598 posts Moderator
    Don’t see it changing much. Community seems to like trying to win and being competitive. After the wl and rivals change people don’t want to play rivals for fun unless their is rewards on the line.
  • what3v3r
    959 posts Professional
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Don’t see it changing much. Community seems to like trying to win and being competitive. After the wl and rivals change people don’t want to play rivals for fun unless their is rewards on the line.

It is a complex question but do you think it is impossible for both things to coexist?

I mean, is it impossible to play a game in a competitive manner and still have fun? I am not a gamer myself, but I am friends with some elite players in FPSs and RTSs and they have fun, so perhaps it is not too much to ask
  • TDOF
    8686 posts League Winner

I see, I have heard about auto-blocks. Have you noticed any other exploits or overpowered stuff that might break the gaming experience?

I don’t really think there are any exploits in this game at all... everything is defend able.

Refs are terrible though, they call soft pens but you can get clobbered and nothing happens...

The gameplay itself is quite decent (apart from the blocks)
  • RadioShaq
    18598 posts Moderator
    I mean I would play divisions for fun. Look at all the comments about the wl change though. Most responded with no way would they play for fun. It needs to be competitive and have rewards.

I suppose if you want fun play friendlies.
  • what3v3r
    959 posts Professional

I don’t really think there are any exploits in this game at all... everything is defend able.

Refs are terrible though, they call soft pens but you can get clobbered and nothing happens...

The gameplay itself is quite decent (apart from the blocks)

Thanks for the replies ,sir. It looks promising, I might consider buying the game when the next gen comes out.
  • what3v3r
    959 posts Professional
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I mean I would play divisions for fun. Look at all the comments about the wl change though. Most responded with no way would they play for fun. It needs to be competitive and have rewards.

I suppose if you want fun play friendlies.

I believe the key it to have a fun gameplay. I respect to your opinion, but most people agree that Fifa 19 and 20 didn't have a fun gameplay. If people do not want to play rivals just for the sake of playing, than it means the only fun aspect of the game is team building and card collecting which shows how poor is the gameplay (which is the most important aspect for me)
  • RadioShaq
    18598 posts Moderator
    The gameplay is fun though much better than past years. People want ea to add more games because they can’t play enough with the cap. It’s just it can’t be for fun it has to be competitive and with rewards which is why it confusing the community would take that stance.