[An open discussion]: Can we talk about how EA destroyed physics this year?

Vichy360
344 posts Sunday League Hero
edited October 2020
I have no idea how the community accept the matter that physics are completely destroyed in this year's edition.
Gentlemen,
* Ball has no weight, it's a ballon.
* Players have no weight, they are ice-skating.
* Collisions defy physics.
* Inertia is absent.

Yes this year we have a variety of scoring ways which makes some of us feel rewarded in scoring than FIFA20, but can we even claim that this is a football simulation with completely broken physics?

It's a shame !
Post edited by Vichy360 on

Comments

• MrMTFC
    2133 posts Fans' Favourite
    Much better than 20 so I'm not complaining. Just hope they can continue the improvement in 22. Obviously they'll never please everyone but a lot more seem happier this year
    52 posts Park Captain
    Wait few more weeks. Its always like that. everyone tries to believe its gonna be better this year. Its not
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    Honestly, I think it's the game engine that they have to work with.

Ball physics have been disappointing for a while now and the less said about the player collisions the better!!

Seen a lot of people mention the issues with frostbite. I am no expert in the field, but seems very plausible.

• Vichy360
    MrMTFC wrote: »
    Much better than 20 so I'm not complaining. Just hope they can continue the improvement in 22. Obviously they'll never please everyone but a lot more seem happier this year

We r talking physics here & last year players had weight. Physics were better yet they were still bad.

• Vichy360
    Bump
  • mway
    2180 posts Fans' Favourite
    Vichy360 wrote: »
    I have no idea how the community accept the matter that physics are completely destroyed in this year's edition.
    Gentlemen,
    * Inertia is absent.

Yes this year we have a variety of scoring ways which makes some of us feel rewarded in scoring than FIFA20, but can we even claim that this is a football simulation with completely broken physics?

It's a shame !

Frostbite is the wrong engine for a football game.
  • Vichy360
    mway wrote: »
    Vichy360 wrote: »
    Gentlemen,
    * Inertia is absent.

It's a shame !

Frostbite is the wrong engine for a football game.

Agree although it's worth mentioning that FIFA17/18 both had far better physics than this & they were Frostbite !
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    The ball is really bad isn't it!!

At times it appears filled with helium, as it floats up, up, up and away and at other times it moves at the speed of light, as it flies half the length of the pitch after a shot block or save.

• AvalanJ
    1396 posts Professional
    Looks like the "re-imagined" collision system ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up the refs they can hardly tell their ❤️❤️❤️❤️ from their elbow.
  • joehuk
    6333 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2020
    100% everything this year feels like they have no weight behind them at all.

Collisions are terrible.
    Ball feels weightless at times
    Players at times don't feel grounded lol.
  • Vichy360
    joehuk wrote: »
    100% everything this year feels like they have no weight behind them at all.

Collisions are terrible.
    Ball feels weightless at times
    Players at times don't feel grounded lol.

Exactly
  • SaintInExile
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    I just conceded a power shot from just outside the centre circle, where the ball just flew straight into the top corner without even dipping.
  • chicken_nuggetsFTW
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2020
    Frostbite, they needed to replace it 2 years ago.
  • FilipCRO
    354 posts Sunday League Hero
    Player strength doesn't matter much, most wingers can outmuscle and knock on the pitch strong defenders. It's laughable.
  • tedski69
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    You gotta laugh when your winger tries a cross to the far post and instead it goes 70 yards back to your full back. :)
  • agentxyz2
    1020 posts Professional
    edited October 2020
    physics have been downhill since introducing frostbite. The physics and collisions were predictable and made sense usually in the past aside from odd broken situations
  • Mikeybenno
    91 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They cant run this game
  • CfcBlue
    4041 posts National Call-Up
    Also, what’s the point of a perfect tackle? Seems to do nothing?
  • Vichy360
    Frostbite, they needed to replace it 2 years ago.

Will it run on next Gen consoles too?