Live Friendlies w/objectives is as sweaty as WL

kaaasen
461 posts Sunday League Hero
So, about a week (two, really) into the game I have noticed a trend.

Objectives that requires to be completed in online friendly matches are just as sweaty as weekend league. People play as their lives depended on winning.

In more matches than not, my opponent sits back and knocks long balls out on the wings. No trying to play real football, no passing, no real tactics - just sit back, play long balls on pacy wingers and score the odd goal on the counter.
Not meaning to brag, because I am by no means a very good player myself, but at least I try to hold the ball and have some variation in my attacking play. Sometimes I try to play/dribble though the middle, sometimes I play down the wings - I mean, it would be stupid not to. But in the end, this is a game.

I'm not sure where I want to go with this post really, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm already sick and tired of playing one-string guitars who do the same boring ❤️❤️❤️❤️ for 90 minutes. And even in friendlies they bring this style of play. Ugh.

Comments

• Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    kaaasen wrote: »
    So, about a week (two, really) into the game I have noticed a trend.

Objectives that requires to be completed in online friendly matches are just as sweaty as weekend league. People play as their lives depended on winning.

In more matches than not, my opponent sits back and knocks long balls out on the wings. No trying to play real football, no passing, no real tactics - just sit back, play long balls on pacy wingers and score the odd goal on the counter.
    Not meaning to brag, because I am by no means a very good player myself, but at least I try to hold the ball and have some variation in my attacking play. Sometimes I try to play/dribble though the middle, sometimes I play down the wings - I mean, it would be stupid not to. But in the end, this is a game.

I'm not sure where I want to go with this post really, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm already sick and tired of playing one-string guitars who do the same boring ❤️❤️❤️❤️ for 90 minutes. And even in friendlies they bring this style of play. Ugh.

So everybody should just roll over and let you win 4-0 is that what you mean? No one else should look to get the objectives done?
  • kaaasen
    461 posts Sunday League Hero
    I didn't say that I don't win. I reckon I win 3 out four matches.

That's not the problem. The problem is that people play like ❤️❤️❤️❤️, in a way that doesn't look like real football at all.

But hey, I guess the kids will be kids.
  • When was the last time anyone played real football on FIFA? Can't say I ever remember it.
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    There's a jumbo rare player pack for 300 wins, that's what prizes invite.
  • Bags
    2045 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm convinced most people don't actually like playing the game so if is a "win" objective they are just desperate to get it done asap. Please play the game to get packs
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thunder001 wrote: »
    When was the last time anyone played real football on FIFA? Can't say I ever remember it.

Exactly real football is 90 mins fifa is 12 mins.
  • MrMTFC
    2167 posts Fans' Favourite
    People I face generally don't seem to care, in rivals and wl everyone is after the rewards but because there isn't anything like that really in friendlies it feels a like a lot less pressure to win so can enjoy it more