Why are headers manual?

fighter__noir
645 posts An Exciting Prospect
What's the point of making headers manual if everything else can be assisted?
Makes headers almost as pointless as last year, because if I need to move my player away from goal during a cross the headers goes towards the middle line. Perfect sense

Comments

• JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    I scored quite a lot of headers in 20. This one I am really struggling!
  • Avit32
    1220 posts Professional
    They’re manual? I’ve score more headers this week than the entire year last year.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    RB+LB (L1+R1) shoot...thank me later.
  • agentxyz2
    1020 posts Professional
    edited October 2020
    Its easier to win attacking headers however thus to balance that they make the heading manual. I like it, have I've scored a ton more corners and cross this year. You definitely have to focus your aim, can't always lazy aim. But once you've found the aiming positions its solid.

I'd recommend mastering the timing it takes to move your character and then aim your header right before he hits it. But I understand where your coming from just gotta focus with it.
  • malky
    748 posts Semi-Pro
    Heading is great. It's manual to stop it being op like 19.
  • xFATAL
    5485 posts Big Money Move

This
  • fighter__noir
    645 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It only affects the type of shot but not the direction doesn't it? And I find it really hard to hit that combination on the controller during a header but I guess that's my problem.
    malky wrote: »
    Heading is great. It's manual to stop it being op like 19.
    Maybe heading accuracy should start to finally matter, so that only players who are actually good at heading are good at it rather than Lorenzo Insigne scoring backpost headers.
    Or just have shooting all manual, then I don't mind too.
    agentxyz2 wrote: »
    Its easier to win attacking headers however thus to balance that they make the heading manual. I like it, have I've scored a ton more corners and cross this year. You definitely have to focus your aim, can't always lazy aim. But once you've found the aiming positions its solid.

I'd recommend mastering the timing it takes to move your character and then aim your header right before he hits it. But I understand where your coming from just gotta focus with it.
    I guess you will get used to it with time but I still feel like in many situations there is no way you can do it in time, for example with driven crosses, because the ball is just too fast to do it all in time.
  • xFATAL
    5485 posts Big Money Move
    It only affects the type of shot but not the direction doesn't it? And I find it really hard to hit that combination on the controller during a header but I guess that's my problem.
    I also aim down on stick
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    Call it how you want, I`ll take current heading mechanics over what we had in 20 all day long.
    Avit32 wrote: »
    I’ve score more headers this week than the entire year last year.
    pretty much my experience
  • SignpostSounder
    4213 posts National Call-Up
    If you have to move the player back so far that you can't quickly flick the stick to aim the header, then I would say that it isn't the header that needs the work, it's the cross.