AI dribbling

L4r14m
798 posts Semi-Pro
Liking the game thus far!

One issue, though: the way AI players move with the ball doesn’t look very natural to me. There seems to be excessive amount of moves that one at least used to do with the right stick - rolling the ball a little to one side or another. Now I think it’s great that AI use some skills like that - I’d love to see Neymar pulling off the occasional rainbow flick, etc. - but the way AI dribbles now looks weird to me.

Maybe I’ll get used to it. Not the biggest of worries I suppose.

Have others noticed or been troubled by this?

Comments

  • Agree. We have players in league 2 doing this crap. When in reality they don’t. It’s like playing Man City every weak and it’s annoying
  • L4r14m
    798 posts Semi-Pro
    Yeah it’s a bit much even for City. But I’m also playing League 2. 😆 They could just tone it down a little.
  • L4r14m
    798 posts Semi-Pro
    gasmanjay wrote: »
    Agree. We have players in league 2 doing this crap. When in reality they don’t. It’s like playing Man City every weak and it’s annoying

    Alright, so there is, in the settings, "Competitor Mode," which can be turned off, and which should make the constant skillzzzz-thingy stop. I've yet to try it, but apparently that's the cause of this silliness. Looking forward to trying this - should make the game much better, in my view.
  • L4r14m
    798 posts Semi-Pro
    Yes! Switched off Competitor Mode, and the game plays brilliantly now. Two games with that mode switched off, and both have been super fun and challenging. Really enjoying the game now.
  • MJD85
    227 posts Sunday League Hero
    No AI crosses
    No AI fouls
    Lots of goals due to bad GK

    It’s far from brilliant in my opinion.
  • L4r14m
    798 posts Semi-Pro
    MJD85 wrote: »
    No AI crosses
    No AI fouls
    Lots of goals due to bad GK

    It’s far from brilliant in my opinion.

    That’s curious about the crosses. I see plenty of them, playing on legendary. Especially from my (AI-controlled) WBs.

    I’d also love to see more fouls. I feel like I see enough handballs, but not enough aggressive tackling.

    The GKs I kinda like. It’s more realistic, I think, than before. I’ve tweaked the sliders some. More shooting errors, for instance. (I took the Community Sliders project as a starting point, but I didn’t implement everything that they suggest.)
  • DanielA-NUFC
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    L4r14m wrote: »
    MJD85 wrote: »
    No AI crosses
    No AI fouls
    Lots of goals due to bad GK

    It’s far from brilliant in my opinion.

    That’s curious about the crosses. I see plenty of them, playing on legendary. Especially from my (AI-controlled) WBs.

    I’d also love to see more fouls. I feel like I see enough handballs, but not enough aggressive tackling.

    The GKs I kinda like. It’s more realistic, I think, than before. I’ve tweaked the sliders some. More shooting errors, for instance. (I took the Community Sliders project as a starting point, but I didn’t implement everything that they suggest.)

    Can you copy into here then sliders you based off please? 👍🏻
  • L4r14m
    798 posts Semi-Pro
    Just check out the Community Sliders - highly recommended! My set up is based on those, except I play on slow, with 8 minute halves, and I have only changed shooting errors (65 I think), passing errors 55 if I rightly recall), injury frequency (90) and severity (40), goalkeeper ability (49, I think), I think (off the top of my head - can check later).

    It’s also worth noting that I lock the controller on one player.

    I’m sure this isn’t optional, but sliders are certainly very useful.
Sign In or Register to comment.