Sweatiest FIFA Ever

YNWA1994NV
1194 posts Professional
I know the game is always rough at the beginning, needs some patching. But, this has to be the sweatiest I’ve ever seen it. Best way to win right now is 30% possession, sprint down the wings and cut the ball back. That’s wild.

Comments

• Hoopsterz
    3393 posts National Call-Up
    The issue with possession football in this game is that it ends up with you CB's being at the halfway line even if they are on like 1/2 depth and both CB's and RB/LB set to stay back while attack.

Just leads to counters.. Im sure there is a way to stop it but i can't find it
  • YNWA1994NV
    1194 posts Professional
    Hoopsterz wrote: »
    The issue with possession football in this game is that it ends up with you CB's being at the halfway line even if they are on like 1/2 depth and both CB's and RB/LB set to stay back while attack.

Usually they end up patching it a little bit. The problem right now is they allowed the pace to be too 1=1. Defenders have to have a pace advantage in a video game or it just turns into a counter attack based game. I’m just trying to not get into the habit of abusing counters because I don’t want to be totally screwed when they patch the whole run the wings and cut back thing.
  • thedustman
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    im in division 2 and find it ok. i usually have more possesion than my opponent and my only Ls i have received are from some great players that mastered how to lock on and control runs. I play 41212 possession with ibra and martinez. Hold up play and 1 2s have been my go to.
  • CtldChaos
    2406 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah... I disagree. Yes there are those that try and counter, but if you have a decent setup and are patient not pulling people out of position, they can be neutralized pretty consistently. I do have to say that there is a BIG difference in the quality of defender. The higher the rating the better they are. I know that seems like an obvious statement, but there have always been those OP lower rated players. So far, on D, nope. Rating = effectiveness. Period.
  • AlexBear012
    3401 posts National Call-Up
    Personally find 19 to be the sweatiest
  • balErik
    1388 posts Professional
    YNWA1994NV wrote: »

Usually they end up patching it a little bit. The problem right now is they allowed the pace to be too 1=1. Defenders have to have a pace advantage in a video game or it just turns into a counter attack based game. I’m just trying to not get into the habit of abusing counters because I don’t want to be totally screwed when they patch the whole run the wings and cut back thing.

I agree. The pace now is crazy for some of the attackers vs wingers. A winger can run with the ball in his feet, without kicking it forward and still outpace some of the fastest wing backs.
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    Said this in another post....

If opponents just keep running down the wing and cutting it back why don't you learn to defend it?

Seriously, if someone keeps doing the same thing over and over and over again why should they stop?

If you're not going to adapt to it and they clearly see you cant defend it.....
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    4162 posts National Call-Up
    Disagree with you. Easy to stop the obvious pacey wing abuse people are trying. Adapt to a new Fifa. Give 4141 or the 433(5) guide a go on here. It is v good.
  • Purplejacket
    3846 posts National Call-Up
    Learn to defend intead of crying. No one cries when liverpool destroy teams with salah and mane.
  • L1vingl1fe
    4829 posts National Call-Up
    I love this game. It’s the first one they’ve gotten this close to right, this early in the cycle. They will patch it’s greatness out of existence thanks to people crying like OP here who can’t defend. You don’t have to be sweaty to win, you just have to be smart about defending
  • balErik
    1388 posts Professional
    TDOF wrote: »

If opponents just keep running down the wing and cutting it back why don't you learn to defend it?

Seriously, if someone keeps doing the same thing over and over and over again why should they stop?

That was not the point. I know how to drop the defender line further back to avoid it. A player should not be able to run full pace with the ball in his feet.

• TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    balErik wrote: »

That was not the point. I know how to drop the defender line further back to avoid it. A player should not be able to run full pace with the ball in his feet.

If they're fast why not.....

Does mbappe slow down when he has the ball? He still kicks the ball infront of him and gets on his horse....
  • scrubosaurus
    485 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ppl that sy this game is the best ever dont know nothing bout football...the core of the game is passing and there is none in fifa 21, its actually sad
  • L1vingl1fe
    4829 posts National Call-Up
    ppl that sy this game is the best ever dont know nothing bout football...the core of the game is passing and there is none in fifa 21, its actually sad

I pass my way to almost all goals. Quit crying.
  • Fifapayne
    6579 posts Big Money Move

The truth is 95 percent of this forum is just not as good as they think they are. Which leads to them needing a justification on what has gone wrong in games they can’t win.
    It’s funny cause any sport..if something is working you keep doing it until they prove they can stop it.
  • Dannyh328
    963 posts Professional
    edited October 2020
    Nobody come out of weekend league on 20 needing a shower or was it just me ?
  • Royalwhite
    995 posts Professional

This installment supports passing and possession play , this is why I like it . Just need to be better in defending and I am getting there slowly 🤞
  • cantonagod
    1426 posts Play-Off Hero

My CB’s do exactly the same - no matter what depth still getting caught so far up the pitch they should be midfield
  • Der Tooldoktor
    222 posts Sunday League Hero

The only thing that they need to do is make the defenders follow attacking runners properly.
    Only according to EA this is what the community wanted. They wanted more manual defending, so EA left the AI tackles and interceptions in and made it so the player has to manually position all 4 defenders at once.

Makes sense doesn't it
  • OZero
    7611 posts League Winner
    People sounds like it’s very easy to run down the line and cut back.

Yes it’s easy when your opponent is ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

So if you are complaining this you know who you are.
  • truegunn3r
    13110 posts World Class
    Just set a CDM to drop between defenders
  • BiigDee
    4972 posts Big Money Move

The only thing that they need to do is make the defenders follow attacking runners properly.
    Only according to EA this is what the community wanted. They wanted more manual defending, so EA left the AI tackles and interceptions in and made it so the player has to manually position all 4 defenders at once.

Makes sense doesn't it

Can’t fathom out why I’m controlling a defender and the other 3 are all over the place. People claiming you have to change player but your still left with 3 players with know defensive awareness or a sense of where the ball is.
  • Oh Gawd, I wish there was some corner in these forums for people who take the game as it is and learn to play it instead of wishing for patches to make it easier for everyone.