Mex-CR referee should never officiate another game.

EDDlE
1728 posts Play-Off Hero
Great game, ruined by a dive. Same guy Peralta who should have been sent off gets awarded a PK from a flop in the box from a header attempt.

No respect for this win.

Comments

• Jfo88
    22950 posts Club Captain
    Pitiful
  • VerdePride
    3240 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2015
    Yeah I was excited for the PKs

Also why make a thread?
  • ❤️❤️❤️❤️ call
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    Money2blow wrote: »
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ call

• Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something
    Pretty sure the assistant referee behind the goal made the call and the head referee just trusted his assistant. I'd blame the assistant referee.
  • Chubbs
    14524 posts Has That Special Something
    I blame MLS
  • VerdePride
    Pretty sure the assistant referee behind the goal made the call and the head referee just trusted his assistant. I'd blame the assistant referee.
    This is exactly what happened
  • Gemini no Ken
    2075 posts Fans' Favourite
    Meh, México was better anyway.

México got knocked out from the WC a year ago because robben took a dive in the 90th.

Thats football son
  • VerdePride
    edited July 2015

México got knocked out from the WC a year ago because robben took a dive in the 90th.

Thats football son
    Nothing to do with today's game
    I'm a huge fan and that ref ruined the game. Mexico was better but they can't finish
  • Jfo88
    22950 posts Club Captain

Thats football son

Diving to get wins is football?
  • Not a penalty but do you guys remember the handball against Guatemala?
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator

Probably was either way, that crew need not officiate a match in CONCACAF again. Then again, its possible that Concacaf called the official and had him make the call
  • VerdePride

Probably was either way, that crew need not officiate a match in CONCACAF again. Then again, its possible that Concacaf called the official and had him make the call

Wouldn't surprise me
  • The Ref wasn't in the best position to see what truly happened imo. We are lucky to be watching it on TV as we get multiple repeats of an incident that occurred in a second.
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    Cdd wrote: »
    Not a penalty but do you guys remember the handball against Guatemala?

Not relevant.
  • EDDlE
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    VerdePride wrote: »

Also why make a thread?

Why mini mod? Who cares... Discuss
  • EDDlE
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    1Dl147i.jpg

Taken down from behind on a counter, studs semi up, no attempt on the ball, how was this not a straight red ?
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    Cdd wrote: »
    The Ref wasn't in the best position to see what truly happened imo. We are lucky to be watching it on TV as we get multiple repeats of an incident that occurred in a second.

The assistant was right there. How often, in an international match, does a penalty get called in the 120th(+) minute, on a play that happens numerous times in a match.

There really is no excuse, Mexico was handed the game; yes on the run of play they were the better team (except they cant finish). Still doesnt change the fact that the outcome of the game was on a very bad call, if not a sketchy call with all that is going on with the governing bodies.
  • maymanpele
    14475 posts Has That Special Something
    Jfo88 wrote: »

Thats football son

Diving to get wins is football?

I highly doubt the kid knows much about soccer outside of the video game, so take anything he says with a grain of salt.
  • VerdePride
    EDDlE wrote: »

Also why make a thread?

Just saying we have a thread already lol
  • EDDlE
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    DirtyDish- exactly, the obvious fact that Costa Rica was get dominated most of the game is irrelevant it was a poor call, head referee should have overturned it and went straight to PKs,
  • VerdePride
    1Dl147i.jpg

Taken down from behind on a counter, studs semi up, no attempt on the ball, how was this not a straight red ?

It is a straight red but not my call
  • EDDlE wrote: »
    1Dl147i.jpg

Lalos ran into Oribe just to hit him on the face. :neutral: That was the biggest red of the game.
  • Gemini no Ken
    2075 posts Fans' Favourite

Thats football son
    I'm a huge fan and that ref ruined the game. Mexico was better but they can't finish

It does from mexico's perspective. We got screwed by a dive a year ago and nobody gave a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Except us, now we win because of a dive, so we sure as hell wont give a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this time.
  • EDDlE
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero

Also why make a thread?

Just saying we have a thread already lol

Haha didn't mean to come out that way, just a bit bothered from that finish
  • VerdePride

Thats football son

It does from mexico's perspective. We got screwed by a dive a year ago and nobody gave a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Except us, now we win because of a dive, so we sure as hell wont give a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this time.
    That's the game. Yes they got screwed many times but I'm a fan who wants my team with goals not bs calls
  • WaCoug615
    9651 posts League Winner

Thats football son

This is abysmal reasoning. Horrible call, and I have no horse in the race.
  • EDDlE
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero

Thats football son

True, but this is what Mexico does, they dive religiously so it was ultimate karma when the king of flopping Robben returned the favor.
  • Agent Murhawk
    8673 posts League Winner
    Ball don't lie
  • Trygar1825
    2164 posts Fans' Favourite
    WaCoug615 wrote: »

Thats football son

This is abysmal reasoning. Horrible call, and I have no horse in the race.

This. What an absolute moron lmao.