Lagging/slow gameplay with great latency speeds in FIFA 21 (all modes)

chiromike78
49 posts Park Captain
I had eartly access to FIFA 21 and the game play was amazing with a records of 21 wins and 1 loss. Now that the ultimate edition release in now accessible the gameplay in FUT division rivals, friendlies, and squad battles are so bad. The one sided lag compared to my opponent is such a disadvantage when playing. My Latency speed is consistently 18-20 ms and never have a balanced game to my opponent even if it is with squad battles. I live in Miami, FL and am not sure where the closest servers are but I can't even imagine how the gameplay will be when everyone has access to play. I have had these issues for the past couple FIFA's and nothing is being done to fix it.

I have the best set up for my PS4 with router connected directly to the PS4. I have played normal games and know it is possible with my starting records. Since the release of ultimate edition my record is now 47-20. It's just not acceptable anymore EA.

Does anyone have any tips to get better gameplay with the EA servers? please share!!

Comments

• Halfhand2
    598 posts An Exciting Prospect
    In the same boat, pure delay.
  • Tubpac
    1936 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cant do anything bud. Had the exactly same. Ea servers just suck
  • Same here, especially with solo squads. I tried playing different difficulties and this problem persists with professional or higher, semi pro doesn't seem to pose an issue. Perhaps EA could explain if it's a settings issue or connectivity issue.

Also, what's with all lame foul calls and excessive yellow cards. I don't recall any past years of it being this bad
  • Mk9
    6 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2020
    Got delay too, i can play morning and afternoon with very low delay but after 5/6pm it's unplayable until the next morning.

They never gonna fix it, problem exist for years now.
  • Goodness me. I thought this was just me. My players are so slow they can’t even react when the ball is in front of them. Anything after 4pm, my opponents move like machines while my players move like snails on the pitch.
  • Same here! Mbappe was caught from behind by a silver defender. I just closed the game. I said last season that I will not buy Fifa 21, but I said to give it a try after all. I think EA Sports is counting on the people’s hope that the game will get better. And yes in the early days of gameplay for preorders, the players were flying on the pitch. I am just curious why the opponents are playing faster with weaker players. Is it because they are located closer to the servers or what?
  • I tried it again today. Horrible. My internet connection is great. I have 500 mbps download and 50mbps upload with very low latency. I use it for other games like fortnite and war zone without any delay.
    I switched to fifa today just to give it one more try. I score 2 goals in first half and my game goes to crap. My players stopped running and my defenders can’t win a tackle. Common gold players were pushing Varane off the ball and running faster than Adama Traore. No matter how many chances I get, it hits the bar or my strikers just keep moving without shooting. I conceded 8 goals in before the first half ended. I feel cheated into buying a bad product.
  • Hi, I play from PC with cable to my router\modem!

My internet hard!

I talked with EA many times and talk with my internet and all good from my side.

In chat live you said to me "its your internet not ours".

So I don't know what to do..this problem in fifa 19 and now in fifa 21...Heavy players I can't play FUT I can't play like this! after 1 sec the game do what I want to do...

Pls why I have delay? I play from 1 sep when the game realse and until yesterday ... yesterday I get in the game and play and i feel somthing wrong..somthing not good!

I play squad battles and rivals and I feel the heavy , I feel so hard to play...When I click one of arrows or X or B its take 1 sec more...

Only delay! I do UO TRACE and because your servers in US its shows 150+ MS...Im from israel so because of that the ms big!

I talk with you a lot of time years about fifa 19 and you didn't solved my problem and now with fifa 21 you can't solve again!

I buy this game for nothing? pls help me!

I uploded pic of the ping from israel to you! My internet are good!!!! Pls help me! pls pls pls I want play like 1 sep until yesterday play great and yesterday omg all the game are delay!

pls help me!

I open ports and I did any troubleshooting you tell me to do!

All topics with this problem too!!!

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/566125/button-delay-lag-already-in-fifa21

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/566997/lagging-slow-gameplay-with-great-latency-speeds-in-fifa-21-all-modes

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/566125/button-delay-lag-already-in-fifa21?

and I have a lot topics about that!!! its not our ISP GUYS this problem in EA side!!!!!
  • Gaving
    10 posts Ball Boy
    What you guys say I get and have had since fifa19 also.
    Everybody’s players are so much quicker than mine , their AI move fluent and with intelligence, yet mine a absolute plums. Wish I could experience the gameplay all my opponents have.
    Really had it now I’m on top internet with 8 ping and the gameplay is horrible.
    Ea sort this out
  • Paul9619
    720 posts Semi-Pro
    I am on virgin 200mb in the UK. It’s been a bit random for me. Some games I experience it others I don’t.

I know I am experiencing it when in the 70min a 68 pace CDM with no stamina left catches my fresh 92 pace winger and my players generally take an extra touch before passing and shooting.

I think the in game animations for the mechanics are a real issue when you have some delay.
  • NornIron
    15273 posts World Class
    Same problem only started on day of full release, early access was brilliant. Less than 10ms every match.
  • I've also have this problem for a long time. I even changed ISP. No result. It's so anoying, everyime i got the ball everything goes in slowmotion. Sometimes not all the time gameplay seems to go into turbomode when the oppopent has the ball, and as soon i get the ball BOOM slowmotion again. Only thing oppopnent needs to do i give a hard pass to the attacker and i can't do ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about it because my players move to slow. And for some strange reason juste once a week or so i have good gameplay for only 2 or3 games. And these are the only games i can win easy. Last year i had even 2 straight days good gameplay. I won every match. Got from division 9 to division 4. Since then it was all bad, can't do ❤️❤️❤️❤️ can't even beat bad players at low divisions. They make millions with this game but they can't fix this? I bet they can, just not to many people complaining about it or having this problem.
  • oneskyworld
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gaving wrote: »
    Everybody’s players are so much quicker than mine , their AI move fluent and with intelligence, yet mine a absolute plums. Wish I could experience the gameplay all my opponents have.
    Ea sort this out

So true, I too do really wish I could experience what s fluent game feels like. I got 9ms always, but really the gameplay is just slow. The extra touch together with the slow animation just makes it impossible to do anything.
  • FatZed
    973 posts Professional
    I generally get 5-6ms in game and still get terrible one sided/ slow game play in rivals and champs where my opponents seem perfectly fine!
  • This game is awful !!! My players are so SLOOOW it’s just amazing, I can’t do anything, every decisions I make have a delay so everything is f**cked

Shame on you ea
  • Gaving
    10 posts Ball Boy
    I really don’t know why it happens,
    How people can go without getting beat on fut champs I do not know, the gameplay horrendous, I struggled to hit 14 and not one good fast fluent gameplay, I don’t know if it’s Playstation or ea or my internet I’m on 350mbps on virgin.
    Opponents are just so fast mine super slow, they do little fake shot roll super quick, my players can’t do it
    Had it, ea can suck a fart
  • Gaving
    10 posts Ball Boy
    PlayerN3 wrote: »
    This game is awful !!! My players are so SLOOOW it’s just amazing, I can’t do anything, every decisions I make have a delay so everything is f**cked

Shame on you ea

You in yo pal?
  • Gaving
    10 posts Ball Boy
    PlayerN3 wrote: »
    This game is awful !!! My players are so SLOOOW it’s just amazing, I can’t do anything, every decisions I make have a delay so everything is f**cked

Shame on you ea

You in yo pal?
    Uk even lol ?

• Same problems with delay and slow heavy gameplay here. Ps4 and based in the UK.

Fibre to property connection 200/200 with low ping no jitter no packet loss etc.

Sad thing is EA do not care about fixing it. Most of the tech support staff haven't got a clue what they are doing live chat are useless and the guys on the EA twitter are rude and condescending .

I have provided them all the information they need to see that there are no issues with my connection so they try to pass the blame onto something else ignoring the fact that Fifa is the only game I have any issues with.

They often tell us to "post on the forum so the dev team can see the issues and address them" so if anyone from the dev team is reading (lol as if) how about someone explains to us why so many people have such delayed slow gameplay.
  • scrubosaurus
    485 posts An Exciting Prospect
    all of you guys, do one test.
    next WL in the end of every laggy match, contact ur opponent and ask him if he is on cable or WiFi.
    you will notice, when you have a great connection but the opponent is on WiFi, you will get lag compensation, and you will be f4cked
  • M98H
    13917 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 2020
    Ea sort this out

Fifa 19? You’re lucky. I’ve been saying the same thing on the forums since 17. Every year I don’t want new content, icons etc, I just want delay to be sorted....
  • antonius
    791 posts Professional
    I actually find it enjoyable and half decent gameplay when there’s no lag... but no lag on times that most are online is so bad..... the games effectively an expensive PowerPoint presentation.. kick off goals are more obvious when it’s laggy aswell
  • bravia26s
    324 posts Sunday League Hero
    My players are always slower than my opponents whether is messi or ronaldo ..
    Its like 3 stars team against a 5 stars team
  • The game was fine for me until the first patch. Occasionally we get a game without rubber banding lag, but most games we experience extreme catch up lag with long freezes. Even get this on Squad Battles! My ISP says everything is fine, no obvious packet loss, high upload and download. EA seem to advise the same generic things to resolve whenever I contact them and deny any issues whatsoever 🤔.

Second patch hit this morning and was so hopeful, but alas it's exactly the chuffing same.

I've never had an opponent obviously suffer from this and for some reason always seems to hit in the 2nd half of any game.

Is it just poor matchmaking? Giving me foreign opponents and those with poor internet?

EA if you are reading this....... sort it out please

• I've never had an opponent obviously suffer from this and for some reason always seems to hit in the 2nd half of any game.

With my mega ultra slowmotion gameplay i notice that 2nd half i always extra slow indeed. But when i play weekend league and i play overtime, the gameplay always gets better in the overtime.. ??? Every other minute in every other game is just ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

And Ea is never going to do anything about this because they know if this problem for a loooong time now. So it's pretty obvious they don't give a ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

• So everyone here is talking about their respective ms ping in game.. EVERY single game for me has been between 7 and 10 ms and yet I get lag in EVERY second game. I play a game its workable I play the next game its hurrendous.

The WL just gone I had 14 wins.. 8 of my losses were due to lag!! Ive now gone from div 3 to div 5 in rivals because of this lag issue.

I dunno how many more people need to comment on your waste of space forums in order for you guys to do something about it.

I know how this works, I was in the British army and now I work in the defence industry as a civvie. You produce a product based on its previous history. You need to get it finished ASAP in order to maintain the competition between fifa and PES. However do you have any idea how many fifa players you are losing to PES because you are stuck in this mindset? You need to create and actually FINISH your product in order to retain fifa players not just create it in order to meet a competitor.

Look on YT. Look how many pro players for your product are even saying its a joke how bad your servers are..

Now I dunno how many more wins I woukd have gotten, but I managed 14 with lag.. Clearly your not going to compensate me for this, but the least you could do is square away the online game play so it is what it is.. An online game which we can play!!

Henchandy2015 is my fifa/PS username.

• chiromike78
    49 posts Park Captain
    My lag appear to have worsened since the last patch update. I used to be able to get normal gameplay with friendlies games but now it is lagging the same as my division rivals and WL games. This game is getting worse and worse. Early access play I was dominating with the excellent gameplay and now it it pure rage when I play because of the lag. I live in Miami, FL and wish they would do something to make the gameplay experience better. This multi-billion dollar company can easily add more servers to fix it but it doesn't seem that they will pull the trigger since I have been dealing with this issue since I started playing FIFA 18. I'm about to give up on this game.
  • oneskyworld
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    there is definitely something new going on after the patch. I have lag input all the time. But yesterday I had a game frozen for seconds, I can't control my player. and then glitched to the next scene, not even the usual fast forwarding, just jump to the next scene.
  • Peterppp
    9 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2020
    EA every year shell to us a broken game.
    East europe and balkans without server!!!
    One side delay almost every match...
    Delay even squad battles!!! Ridiculous.
    Programed delay together with line delay and server overloads.....game for monkeys
  • xXcCiIcCoXx
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Example: Your Ping is 10ms. and your opponent has 30ms. The system (or however you wanna call it) adds 20ms. to your ping in order to balance/synchronize the gameplay. A friend of mine tried to explain it to me the player with lower ping or latency gets delayed for so and so ms.in order to synchronize with the player who has higher ping/latency and as a result you will experience input lags. Don't know that's how i understand this problem.