FIFA 21 Stadiums Thread

Comments

• Peanut2000
    989 posts Professional
    Wow
  • Howler19
    1008 posts Professional
    edited August 2021

Certainly not confirmed. It's all pro clubs. I'm not trusting that we will be able to edit and save generic stadiums for all clubs throughout the game until we know that. I would not be surprised if EA has limitations on editing for no apparent reason.

Adding to that, it seems like that editor is about a whole lot of crap like a few lame goal songs and generic animal tifos and not enough about editing the stands themselves. I hope I'm wrong.
  • ChrisW1991
    1410 posts Professional
    Career mode pitch notes confirm you can customize generic stadiums for teams who don't have licenced grounds!!!!
  • Quiffed
    534 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Appears you can only edit colour of stands and seats on create club mode? No changing of stands? Sad if true. Is that same for editing teams with generic stadiums?

Can someone confirm otherwise?
  • Vndrew
    182 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Quiffed wrote: »
    Appears you can only edit colour of stands and seats on create club mode? No changing of stands? Sad if true. Is that same for editing teams with generic stadiums?

yes its true, whats the point of changing seats colors only as you can barely see it anyways.. "stadium customization"
  • henryclay1844
    1085 posts Professional
    Yea the MLB the show stadium creator is so much better. Hopefully EA builds on this feature in the future and also allows the data editors to use the assets on existing generic stadiums.
  • flcinusa
    759 posts Semi-Pro
    Vndrew wrote: »

yes its true, whats the point of changing seats colors only as you can barely see it anyways.. "stadium customization"

Better than nothing, means Rangers can play in Eastpoint with blue seats instead of black.

Hopefully we can also edit the track colour around Sanderson Park for Bayern
  • Howler19
    1008 posts Professional

As I feared... Completely useless tool then. Nothing to see here guys. Let's wait for FIFA 23.
  • TeamExtreme17
    5312 posts Big Money Move
    Expected, but i don't get why they don't port this from Fifa Manager 12:

• Kasa
    237 posts Sunday League Hero
    Really disappointed with the trailer, you can only use generic stadiums, only new customization is seat color. For the rest whole create a club seems very basic, no shirt sponsor
  • TeamExtreme17
    What about those FUT stadiums? Have they been added as New Generic Stadiums?
  • flcinusa
    759 posts Semi-Pro

Because FIFA Manager 12 came out 10 years ago, and the last one was 8 years ago, it was 2 generations old at best and a windows only thing.
  • TeamExtreme17
    flcinusa wrote: »

Because FIFA Manager 12 came out 10 years ago, and the last one was 8 years ago, it was 2 generations old at best and a windows only thing.

So 10 years later they cant implement it on consoles? 🤣
  • flcinusa
    759 posts Semi-Pro
    flcinusa wrote: »

So 10 years later they cant implement it on consoles? 🤣

Look at the interface, it's made for a mouse, it would be hellishly annoying on a console
  • MikeM24
    88 posts Park Captain
    Leicester wrote: »
    How has Parken never been on FIFA? Fantastic stadium.

Used to be in FIFA98 - 2000 time. Then I think Konami took it.
  • MikeM24
    88 posts Park Captain

According to what I read, yes for every team not with a licenced stadium. It's basic, but it's a hell of an improvement, I don't think you can make structural changes - and I haven't seen any new generics, but it will definitely improve things.
  • Kasa
    237 posts Sunday League Hero
    MikeM24 wrote: »

According to what I read, yes for every team not with a licenced stadium. It's basic, but it's a hell of an improvement, I don't think you can make structural changes - and I haven't seen any new generics, but it will definitely improve things.

Come on man you can’t be serious. Ea uses this as an excuse so the can say they worked on career mode. If you use a regular team nothing has changed.
  • Howler19
    1008 posts Professional
    MikeM24 wrote: »

What makes you say this is improving anything? It seems you can pretty much only change some color schemes on the generic stadiums. Who cares about that? Worst editor I've ever heard of.
  • Leicester
    84 posts Park Captain
    That's not good enough still.

We've wanted new generics or stadium edit for years, and all we can do is change the colour of the seats at Waldstadion.
  • TeamExtreme17

We've wanted new generics or stadium edit for years, and all we can do is change the colour of the seats at Waldstadion.

Why haven't they ported those 3 generic base stadiums from FUT?
  • Quiffed
    edited August 2021
    Agreed. Also you could change pitch pattern in game settings, so don’t know why they are advertising that as if it was new
  • TeamExtreme17
    Agreed. Also you could change pitch pattern in game settings, so don’t know why they are advertising that as if it was new

You can change Pitch Colour too but it's still missing from the Career Mode menu 🤣
  • Howler19
    1008 posts Professional

Why haven't they ported those 3 generic base stadiums from FUT?

Because they look more like space ships than football stadiums. Those abominations belong in FUT and FUT only.
  • Quiffed
    Freiburg’s new stadium coming this year? Not listed as on database?
  • TheSupernatural
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I've been following the stadium rumors very closely the past couple months. I think even though it's not in the database, they've been planning on it for a while. No reason it shouldn't be in the game. I'm more concerned about PSV/Zenit missing their stadiums, they've been rumored but it's just rumors for now. Supposedly Boca's stadium is returning and Tigres in Mexico is to have their stadium in the game, but I trust those rumors substantially less.

As I understand based on the information and rumors available:

Confirmed - Brentford, Benfica, Porto, LAFC

Likely - Osasuna, Cadiz, Reale Sociedad (renovated - it looks like it might have been in the La Liga trailer for the game), Bielefeld, Freiburg

Potentially - Elche, Boca, PSV (if I had to guess, it'll be next year), Zenit (UCL final is there, was already in the WC 2018 DLC)

Unlikely - Tigres & San Lorenzo (don't think EA ever scanned the stadiums due to COVID, but they have agreements permitting it). Also, there are a few Madden stadiums in use by MLS, it shouldn't be that difficult for EA to bring them to FIFA but there's been absolutely no rumors about it. Would be a nice Christmas present for us MLS fans though...
  • CantanoRM
    215 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I've been following the stadium rumors very closely the past couple months. I think even though it's not in the database, they've been planning on it for a while. No reason it shouldn't be in the game. I'm more concerned about PSV/Zenit missing their stadiums, they've been rumored but it's just rumors for now. Supposedly Boca's stadium is returning and Tigres in Mexico is to have their stadium in the game, but I trust those rumors substantially less.

Likely - Osasuna, Cadiz, Reale Sociedad (renovated - it looks like it might have been in the La Liga trailer for the game), Bielefeld, Freiburg

Potentially - Elche, Boca, PSV (if I had to guess, it'll be next year), Zenit (UCL final is there, was already in the WC 2018 DLC)

Unlikely - Tigres & San Lorenzo (don't think EA ever scanned the stadiums due to COVID, but they have agreements permitting it). Also, there are a few Madden stadiums in use by MLS, it shouldn't be that difficult for EA to bring them to FIFA but there's been absolutely no rumors about it. Would be a nice Christmas present for us MLS fans though...

EA adds 1 MLS stadium per season, so it'll only be LAFC's this year.
  • TheSupernatural
    Gee, can't wait til 2040 when the whole league is in the game :s
  • Boeruh
    198 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Philips Stadion will be in Fifa 22 I've heard, although it is not sure if it will be included at launch or will come in a later update (just like Leeds last season for example)
  • TheSupernatural
    I've never paid a dime in FUT packs but I would happily pay for new stadiums + accompanying atmosphere/chants. Wish they'd make it a year-round focus but I think their development team for that stuff goes on hiatus for 6-7 months out of the year.
  • Druski5150
    542 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Estadio da Luz is officially confirmed