Button Delay/Lag already in FIFA21

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues as me? button delay and lag of course! I am really enjoying the game, when it is running smoothly and not lagging, so dont want to come across like im bashing it, but when its bad, my god its real bad.

My internet speeds are as follows...
Mbps Download - 52.5
Mbps Upload - 13.7

Comments

• spbuckmaster
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yeah, servers are terrible.

I’m 150 down and 40 up and it’s still hit and miss.

Would love to play someone in the UK rather than getting matched with German or Dutch.
  • Mk9
    6 posts Ball Boy
    Got delay too, i can play morning and afternoon with very low delay but after 5/6pm it's unplayable until the next morning.

They never gonna fix it, problem exist for years now.
  • Spillaren
    1835 posts Fans' Favourite
    only get a delay in the draft, 0-3 there lol, usually finish elite or gold 1in the WL
  • chiromike78
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    same here...My latency speeds are consistently 17-19 ms and it plays as if it is 100-150 ms. Early access play my records was 21-1 and now I am 46-9-29. How does that happen!! I didn't forget how to play the game in less than a week. If someone from EA is listening which I doubt, they need to add more servers to Eastern US.
  • Nic_Cage_in_Con_Air
    948 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 10
    Same here, but it’s literally every single game. Whether it Fut Friendlies or Rivals, the delay is consistent no matter what.

Am also in South America fwiw. I just don’t understand how this is the only online game where I’ve played where input lag is so massive. I can play EA’s own Apex Legends on Eastern US servers with 150 ping & still have a better experience than playing on my own locals servers with 30 ping. Ffs.
    Post edited by Nic_Cage_in_Con_Air on
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6454 posts Big Money Move
    Game has been very bad today not gona lie, i absolutely loved how it felt during early access but today has been a different beast, every single game feeling like my players are stuck in mud and having to work so hard to score a goal
  • Mine happens in every single online game I've played so far and its really annoying!!! Where it stops and then speeds up really fast and it happened 70 times in one game !! Anyway to stop it?? My download speed is like 70mps
  • padr81
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Crayonz91 wrote: »
    Mine happens in every single online game I've played so far and its really annoying!!! Where it stops and then speeds up really fast and it happened 70 times in one game !! Anyway to stop it?? My download speed is like 70mps

Stopping and speeding up is a packet loss problem caused by unstable internet and not a server/data centre one. You need to look into your home connection.

Are you connecting with WiFi or Ethernet, is there congestion in your house etc..
  • Game has been very bad today not gona lie, i absolutely loved how it felt during early access but today has been a different beast, every single game feeling like my players are stuck in mud and having to work so hard to score a goal

This, a thousand times, this...

So unbelievably frustrating to play. Simple short passes go wildly off-target, shot and pass powers are consistently wrong. Everything is late so defending is nigh-on impossible. It feels like playing football in treacle.

UK based. Been playing FUT for years and never experienced these issues before (with the exception of occasional pronounced stagger - stop, speed up - when connections are really bad), FUT 20 ran like a dream, fast and responsive. This is currently unplayable for me.

Please help EA.
  • So F21 worked perfectly for me until this morning. Now every single game I am being matched against Dutch, French or German players despite being in the UK. The speed up lag is SO bad that I have lost every single game due to it. The screen literally freezes then suddenly fast forwards with nothing I can do while the opponent's dribble it into my net!

I've spoken to EA technical support and nothing they suggested did a thing to resolve. Since the problem only started this morning it's either a problem with UK PSN or EA. I use a wired connection and the ping is always shown as under 10ms at the start of every game.

If the problem isn't resolved soon, where do we stand getting a refund?
  • I score 2 goals in first half and my game goes to crap. My players stopped running and my defenders can’t win a tackle. Common gold players were pushing Varane off the ball and running faster than Adama Traore. No matter how many chances I get, it hits the bar or my strikers just keep moving without shooting.
  • LoL. 1 week into the new game and we're back to 2011 button lag with new posters saying "what's this button lag?" How depressing! There's been a million threads on it and ea support will still lie about it.
    EA have no shame :-))

It's not gonna be fixed as too many people still buy the game, some probably don't even notice the lag. Get your money back or you'll be in for a year of toxic gameplay and nothing but frustration and irritation.

• PS. Was the pitch notes thing just a marketing gimmick to make people think they were trying to do something about it? Or did they just think, sod that, we're not paying to fix this!? It doesnt take a year to look into something.

To be fair it's only a minority of people who experience it. It's understandable they're not gonna drop millions on fixing it. It's just the fact they lie about it that is so shameful.

• Game has been very bad today not gona lie, i absolutely loved how it felt during early access but today has been a different beast, every single game feeling like my players are stuck in mud and having to work so hard to score a goal
    Everything I get!
    I’m wondering if it’s PS4, my son on Xbox and he’s 🎃🎃🎃🎃 at fifa and he’s in division 2 wins game after game with great gameplay, yet on same internet connection me on PS4 experience, idiot AI players stuck in mud, really considering deleting game
  • Conan
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 18
    Having the same issues around here. Brazil, btw.
    What kind of console you guys suffering have? PS4, PS4 slim, PS4 pro?
    Played 11 games on this WL, lost 8.
    Last WL on Fifa 20 I was around 16-19 wins.
    I'm suspecting is something (refrigeration, HDD issue) with my PS4.
    My latency on matchmaking is around 12-18ms, Fifa 20 I haven't nothing better tham 24ms.
    I don't believe that it can happen just with a few people on the same country/region.
  • The_Roonaldo7
    62 posts Park Captain
    Conan wrote: »
    Having the same issues around here. Brazil, btw.
    What kind of console you guys suffering have? PS4, PS4 slim, PS4 pro?
    Played 11 games on this WL, lost 8.
    Last WL on Fifa 20 I was around 16-19 wins.
    I'm suspecting is something (refrigeration, HDD issue) with my PS4.
    My latency on matchmaking is around 12-18ms, Fifa 20 I haven't nothing better tham 24ms.
    I don't believe that it can happen just with a few people on the same country/region.

Probably bets if you go back and read the same threads from previous years. You won't solve the problem no matter what you do unless you're having a different issue to the button delay described above.
  • The_Roonaldo7
    62 posts Park Captain
    Gaving wrote: »
    Game has been very bad today not gona lie, i absolutely loved how it felt during early access but today has been a different beast, every single game feeling like my players are stuck in mud and having to work so hard to score a goal
    Everything I get!
    I’m wondering if it’s PS4, my son on Xbox and he’s ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at fifa and he’s in division 2 wins game after game with great gameplay, yet on same internet connection me on PS4 experience, idiot AI players stuck in mud, really considering deleting game

It's likely the Playstation servers are jammed up so the netcode changes to slow your game down for the purpose of smoother "visual" gameplay, as it can't cope with your inputs. You can't fix this. At least xbox works so change to xbox. Many people say it improves after midnight but not always.
  • Saarundisc
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Matching with Dutch and German players constantly. Through on goal and what should be an easy goal dribbles along the ground. Then they’re counter attacking and the speed up lag happens. So frustrating, especially when you know you should be beating them easily, but Danny ings is out pacing Sanchez and David Luiz is catching Rodrigo with a head start.
    Makes the cross objective impossible as they never do a drilled cross.
  • same hear in Australia. I have had this problem since FIFA 18. It's definitely not the ISP. back in 2012 when I only had ADSL 2+ with download for around 8mbps the gameplay was smooth and playable. now in 2020 and I am having 70 down/15 up, the gameplay is crap...FIFA 21 is the worst, every single of my game has delay...I think I'm switching to PES next year.