iXoCzgi.png
    Post edited by WestardLord on
  • WestardLord
    2029 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 6
  • Ashy
    12620 posts Has That Special Something
    Good luck to you, always rate the effort you put in for detail and graphics. Like the rules you have in place, do you see yourself staying in America for a while or moving to a European team down the line or we talking a NYRB story specific
  • WestardLord
    edited October 5
    Ashy wrote: »
    Good luck to you, always rate the effort you put in for detail and graphics. Like the rules you have in place, do you see yourself staying in America for a while or moving to a European team down the line or we talking a NYRB story specific
    Thanks! Will try to move around, but I'm hoping I can try to be more realistic and just follow the story wherever it takes me.

Also, considering the state of the game, I'm considering starting it in FIFA 20.
  • WestardLord
    edited October 11
    j4kCGSz.png
    xOjvO3o.png
  • Chris
    5568 posts Big Money Move
    Good luck my guy!
  • Danimal5981
    2558 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 6
    The RB franchise is nice to play around with: you can easily make the jump to Salzburg or Leipzig if need be.

I once did an RB-story on a Dutch forum, from the viewpoint of Gerard Houillier (then, the overall sporting director of all RB football-teams), doing three teams (RBNY, RBL and RBS) simultaneously while (fictionally) working on a fourth (had to be either England, or Benelux country).

Previous versions were more editor friendly so I toyed around with Red Bull Antwerp, Red Bull Frysia or a Red Bull London. You do have the editing skills I see, so maybe go eventually into a creative, fictional world.
  • Chris
    You can make this almost like the Red Bull young driver program lmao, go from NY Red Bulls (F2 Red Bull), to RB Salzburg (Alpha Tauri) and then to Leipzig (Aston Martin Red Bull)

That's F1 in-case you didn't know lmao
  • Danimal5981
    Chris wrote: »
    You can make this almost like the Red Bull young driver program lmao, go from NY Red Bulls (F2 Red Bull), to RB Salzburg (Alpha Tauri) and then to Leipzig (Aston Martin Red Bull)

Funny that you mention it, I wanted to do that back in 2017. I was advised against it, here.
    ("no cross-over between games")
  • Chris

Funny that you mention it, I wanted to do that back in 2017. I was advised against it, here.
    ("no cross-over between games")
    Well its not a cross over between games, thats genuinely how it works in real life in the F1
  • Danimal5981
    No, I mean: I wanted to combine an F1 career with a FIFA career. Because I'm even more at home in F1 (I follow that sport since the mid-80s) than in football.

• Chris
    No, I mean: I wanted to combine an F1 career with a FIFA career. Because I'm even more at home in F1 (I follow that sport since the mid-80s) than in football.

Ah yeah. Many years ago I used to be a mod here, and they were pretty ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about not crossing games. It used to just be no PES, but then there was some really good FM stories, so they banned FM, and then it turned into, hey FIFA only
  • Wyojasond
    15371 posts World Class
    As always, I’m looking forward to it man. Appreciate the depth you add to all your stories.
  • Steffolovitch
    366 posts Sunday League Hero
    I like your transfer limits to keep a slow build in stead of rushing things. Good luck. I'm intrigued whether you'll plan to stay in the MLS or move abroad at some point. I will surely keep track of this one.
  • Wiggie44
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I like the rules you've set yourself and I don't know much about the MLS so looking forward to this one, good luck :)
  • Hope you can do better then we have in real life . Besides Salzburg, NY & Leipzig also have Red Bull Bragantino in Brazil top league if you wanna do RB Universe career .
  • WestardLord
    edited October 12
    c2sHujD.png
    QpW3HNt.png
  • WestardLord
    edited October 17
    8RmZSQc.png
    i1suNVi.png
    JzMzKFQ.png
  • Ashy
    Interesting coach choice, a realistic one though I like it. Wright-Phillips you would expect to retire this season so can he go out on a high?
  • Steffolovitch
    366 posts Sunday League Hero
    Some decent players in the squad. Michael Murillo was actually a career mode favourite of mine in FIFA 19. But I'm a bit confused, isn't he playing at Anderlecht now? Hmm... November 2018, that might have been a year prior to Murillo's move to Anderlecht, I suppose... Okay, I'll hang on and see where this is going :smile:
  • Wyojasond
    15371 posts World Class
    Like the appointment of Volz. Should bring a lot to the club.
  • WestardLord
    Interesting coach choice, a realistic one though I like it. Wright-Phillips you would expect to retire this season so can he go out on a high?
    Hopefully he can. Whether he extends could depend on how much he produces for the team.
    Some decent players in the squad. Michael Murillo was actually a career mode favourite of mine in FIFA 19. But I'm a bit confused, isn't he playing at Anderlecht now? Hmm... November 2018, that might have been a year prior to Murillo's move to Anderlecht, I suppose... Okay, I'll hang on and see where this is going :smile:
    Yeah I'm going back in time a bit, and maybe I'll rewrite some transfer history depending on how the season goes.

• WestardLord
    XxSYKia.png
    bCNpmkz.png
  • WestardLord
    edited October 20
    nRkQDuO.png
    G6j44g9.png
    E2Upq3c.png
    lnsHEQO.png
    n3Ox8pZ.png
  • WestardLord
    edited October 15
    msgjTV7.png
    P8ko3Re.png
  • Ashy
    Absolutely rate Tyler Adams, what position did he play for you, I see him as a defensive midfielder myself. Interesting keeper signing, not a big upgrade on the current one as far as rating goes but he is young for a keeper and plenty of time to improve.
  • WestardLord
    Absolutely rate Tyler Adams, what position did he play for you, I see him as a defensive midfielder myself. Interesting keeper signing, not a big upgrade on the current one as far as rating goes but he is young for a keeper and plenty of time to improve.
    CDM, but the guy can honestly play multiple positions. He has a promising future if he can stay fit.
  • WestardLord
    edited October 17
    9N7a4AC.png
    l4i9932.png
  • Chris
    Good appointment in Volz, really rated him as a player. Hopefully he can kick on for NY, although, like with Adams, it'll be hard to hold onto players once they start breaking through
  • WestardLord
    Good appointment in Volz, really rated him as a player. Hopefully he can kick on for NY, although, like with Adams, it'll be hard to hold onto players once they start breaking through
    Yeah definitely. That's why it's a challenge to set down roots and keep consistency long term in MLS both in-game and in real life. Young promising talent just doesn't stick around for long.