Forum Fantasy Premier League 2015/16

Kaede
4907 posts National Call-Up
edited July 2015
7c0737dcb4ace4141cb66326da621515.png
a5b90b8159caf62d5d021896f22c3d56.png

It's that time of the year again! The BPL season is just around the corner now and with it comes Fantasy Premier League 2015/16! Some people pick their teams without much deliberation. Some people scrutinize the most minute statistics to build their squad. All that can be said, though, is Fantasy Football is just as much a frustrating roller-coaster as the sport itself. Good luck everyone!

Have a look at the FAQs below if you have any questions!

How can I join the (private) league?
First of all you must have entered a team in the game. Once you have a team, make sure that you have the correct league code (25022-114113) and that you are entering it in the format it is written.

How can I score points?
During the season, your fantasy football players will be allocated points based on their performance in the Barclays Premier League.
28c621ecd603c1765e485fa9b08292e7.png

What are chips?
Chips can be used to potentially enhance your team's performance during the season.

Only one chip can be played in a single Gameweek. The chips available are as follows:
0af90df04ba0c421536f828e31d67a15.png
The All Out Attack, Bench Boost and Triple Captain chips can each be used once a season and are played when saving your team on the my team page. They can be cancelled at anytime before the Gameweek deadline.

The Wildcard chip can be used twice a season, once in the first half of the season (before 28 Dec 14:00) and once in the second half of the season. The Wildcard chip is played when confirming transfers that cost points and can't be cancelled once played.

Where can I find a list of all the rules?
You can find the list of all the rules here.

Credit and acknowledgments
I just wanted to thank @Sokker14 for creating this thread and hosting the competition last year.

Comments

• Dawud
    15770 posts World Class
    Best chip in your opinion?
  • Kaede
    Dawud wrote: »
    Best chip in your opinion?
    Wildcard easily.

All Out Attack seems more like an injury contingency plan. Bench boost is for those double game weeks. Triple captain similarly so, but only if a heavy hitter plays a bunch of plebs.
  • Kaede
    Rough draft:
    15e218cb7d569c312ead46e7b084b001.png
  • finsfan85
    12393 posts Has That Special Something
    Mine so far:

image.jpg
  • Kaede
    Not sure if Sakho or Baker are the best choices. I don't really rate Liverpool's defense and Baker doesn't play. Also, I think Aguero or a plan to get Aguero is a must.
  • finsfan85
    Sakho can easily be changed to Lovren or Moreno (whoever gets a consistent spot in the starting 11). Not too concerned with Baker as a 5th defender.

And I do have a plan for Aguero ;)
  • Kaede
    I just mean that Liverpool's defense isn't exactly inspiring, especially for the price that it commands. Honestly, I think for your defenders you just play the fixture game and try to rotate players that will play bottom half teams at home. More often than not those will result in a CS, even if your defenders are 'bad'. It cuts a lot of costs as well.
  • finsfan85
    Liverpool were near the top of the league in clean sheets last year. And now they have an actual RB. Not Can - a defensive midfielder turned CB attempting to be played at RB.
  • Kieran
    569 posts Sunday League Hero
    If you're going for a Liverpool defender it's got to be Sakho. Our best defender, he's going to play unless he's injured.
  • Kaede
    edited July 2015
    In my honest opinion, their run of form after New Year is probably not the best indicator of how good their team and their defense is. They'd be hard pressed to do this over a whole season.
    e4d21de468bdd7ab8d0958678aa4cb53.png
    Edit: That's 10 CS right there over a few months. That is just unsustainable really.
    Edit 2: 9 CS rather.
  • Kieran
    569 posts Sunday League Hero
    We'll do it. I believe.
  • finsfan85
    Common trend during Liverpool's second half of the season? Stevie G played less.

We'll see how it plays out. I think Liverpool will be much better this season
  • Kaede
    Yeah. They're easily traded in. Same price as Cedric, who I have a few doubts about (well their team rather). Think you should look into Swansea or Leicester for budget level players though. Surely they're better than Bassong.
  • finsfan85
    Kaede wrote: »
    Yeah. They're easily traded in. Same price as Cedric, who I have a few doubts about (well their team rather). Think you should look into Swansea or Leicester for budget level players though. Surely they're better than Bassong.

Are you planning on getting rid of Bassong too?
  • Kaede
    No other budget options for that price that aren't in my team already that are better than him. The alternatives are like picking up a Newcastle CB (bad team is bad, schedule is poor) or Richards (Villa just sold their team basically).

Bassong is fine, but I think getting Morgan/Huth or a Swansea player in is worth it. The latter were mainstays all of last year basically. Those are better choices.
  • Someone tried this on here last season. It died after about 3 weeks.

I'll be joining though for sure. Not sure how i feel about the new chips though. The triple captain sounds ridiculous. Double is stupid enough.
  • Kaede
    Someone tried this on here last season. It died after about 3 weeks.

I'll be joining though for sure. Not sure how i feel about the new chips though. The triple captain sounds ridiculous. Double is stupid enough.
    Yup. Hopefully the discussion is a little more active this year.

I don't know. Honestly, not a huge fan of the new chips, but triple on your captain is going to be pretty hard to time. It is the bench one that is a little too strong, in my opinion. Those double gameweeks with that on are going to change a lot of leagues.
  • JR
    8060 posts League Winner
    6330f2230dc68d97f81b4c86de495909.png
  • BasedStudge
    19636 posts World Class
    1df9d38a82902a9786256677ebd047ee.png

Bentekkerz
  • Greed378
    2369 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pretty much the objectively perfect team
    f0217bf5c3d5121e2e19715a41c08395.png
  • Sloosh
    6753 posts Big Money Move
    my team has been finely toned down to perfection at last, going to storm every league easy

Arsenal
    Sunderland - Southampton - Spurs
    Chelsea - Arsenal - West Ham - Chelsea
    Watford - Everton - Chelsea

Palace, Southampton, Newcastle, Leicester
  • jbunnerz
    1287 posts Professional
    7KU9h3Mg2ahwIZxflcF5.png

Too many from West Ham and Watford at the moment
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    a5e955c8c5d824757e4fda05183e0e86.png
    Following the philosophy that made me won the RF FPL in 13/14 where I had Luis Suarez carry me with 70 point hauls against Norwich
  • JR
    8060 posts League Winner
    JR wrote: »
    6330f2230dc68d97f81b4c86de495909.png
    d8bdfcee0320983425eb127adf484bce.png

• Kaede
    Not sure if doubling on United's defense is needed. You've invested too much money into the backline I think, @JR, as it is.
  • Kaede
    @hasan09876 does Baker even play? Not sure if Everton are a good choice when their opening fixtures are so tough. Also not sure if it is worth having Aguero in your eleven to start the season. He's probably not going to be fit, so I'd swap him with another attacker, but leave the funds to bring him back in a few weeks into the season.
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    edited July 2015
    Wanayama should be there instead of Baker

Ideally I want Aguero playing but I will change things around if he turns out not to be fit enough the days before
  • Kaede
    @jbunnerz, Stones has an awful opening set of games, so I'd consider downgrading him and looking to add Hazard and/or use the funds for an Aguero contingency plan. It's pretty brave to go without them, otherwise.
  • Kaede
    Sloosh wrote: »
    my team has been finely toned down to perfection at last, going to storm every league easy

Arsenal
    Sunderland - Southampton - Spurs
    Chelsea - Arsenal - West Ham - Chelsea
    Watford - Everton - Chelsea

Palace, Southampton, Newcastle, Leicester
    You should surely take Vorm in net if you are going Spurs or at least I think so, @Sloosh? I'd imagine he is a better option and Mertesacker will get more bonus points, unless he is rotated or you don't have the funds to do so.
  • Kaede
    hasan09876 wrote: »
    Wanayama should be there instead of Baker

Ideally I want Aguero playing but I will change things around if he turns out not to be fit enough the days before
    Take the 4.0 from Southampton if you're looking for a 5th defender that won't play (to replace Baker). He has a chance of starting the first few games and, if he does, he might rise a little in price and you can sell him off.

Yeah. I kind of figured. That's a good plan. I did the same, but I just left some money to spare in case he is healthy.