Not getting 20% discount on preorder

kaaasen
461 posts Sunday League Hero
Long story short.

When I try to preorder through FIFA 20 i get 10% discount.

When I try to preorder through PS Store i get 10% off.

I should get 20% if I were to preorder the game through FIFA 20, right?

Comments

• Carlo
    1736 posts Play-Off Hero
    kaaasen wrote: »
    Long story short.

When I try to preorder through FIFA 20 i get 10% discount.

When I try to preorder through PS Store i get 10% off.

I should get 20% if I were to preorder the game through FIFA 20, right?

It's always been 10 % mate
  • Big66776
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You get 20% of if you have ea play
  • kaaasen
    Are you sure? I though the discounts stacked?
  • Big66776
    I pre ordered the ultimate addition today instead of 89.99 its 72.99
  • azj222
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You need to have EA Play / EA access
  • DaMMian
    2318 posts Fans' Favourite

only for the ultimate version
  • kaaasen
    @Big66776 Yeah, my previous comment was to Carlo.
    @azj222 I have an active EA Play sub. That's what gives me 10% off in the PS Store.

Weird that I don't get the stacked discount 🤔
  • azj222
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @azj222 I have an active EA Play sub. That's what gives me 10% off in the PS Store.

I pre-ordered through the fifa20 in console link and it stacked but only for the ultimate version which ends up about the same cost as champions due to 20 vs 10% discount
  • Big66776
    azj222 wrote: »

I pre-ordered through the fifa20 in console link and it stacked but only for the ultimate version which ends up about the same cost as champions due to 20 vs 10% discount

This i ordered through the same link
  • BadSeedsFC
    3169 posts National Call-Up
    DaMMian wrote: »

only for the ultimate version

This
  • kaaasen
    Yeah, I'm not getting a choice. It automatically goes directly for Ultimate Edition. But it still gives me a 10% discount.

But i think I discovered the error. I have forgotten to log in to mye EA account in FIFA 😂
  • kaaasen
    Thanks for your input though. I appreciate it 👍😊
  • kaaasen
    edited October 2020
    Okay. So, I've still got a problem.

I purchased EA Play through my Playstation-account (Gmail). But when I start FIFA i automatically get logged into an ancient EA-account (Hotmail). I've tried to log in to the accounts on the EA site, and it the old EA-account is linked to my PSN-account, and the "new" EA-account (Gmail) is linked to my Xbox-accounts.

I think that's where the issue is. That the EA account FIFA automatically logs into doesn't have an active EA Play-account.

I wanted to contact EA support, but an estimated wait time of 180 minutes simply isn't acceptable.

Ideally what I want to do is just to log out of my old EA-account in FIFA and log back in on the "new" one. But from what I read, that can't be done without help from EA support??!!

edit: The 180 min estimate were ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Took less than a minute to get connected to an advisor. Thumbs up :)

edit2: Due to technical issues they couldn't help at the moment. -_-
    Post edited by kaaasen on
  • kaaasen
    Okay, new post.

Contacted the customer service as instructed, and I'll post the chatlog here.
    Representative: Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is Representative, may I start with your first name please?

Me: ***

Representative: Nice to meet you! How can I help you?

Me: I was told this: "You do not need to explain everything just provide case ID xxxxxxxx and our team will help you with update Email." 😃

Representative: Allow me a few moments to look into it, please.

Me: Yeah, sure

Representative: What email address would you like to change?

Me: Well, I can try to explain my issue
    I have a PSN account (email#1) with an active EA Play subscription. When playing FIFA on the Playstation, it uses my EA account #2 (email#2)

Me: I have an Xbox account (email#2) which is connected to my EA account #1 (email#1)
    What I need you guys to fix is: EA account #1 (email#1) needs to be connected with my Playstation account (email#1)

Me: Username for PSN account: xxxxxx

Me: If possible, you could actually delete the EA account #2 (#email#2) as I won't ever use it again anyway

Representative: Allow me a few to check the information please.

Me: Great

Representative: Still on it.

Me: Good to know 😃

Representative: For FIFA 20, if we delete that persona it will break your access to the FIFA Web and Companion Apps entirely. For Apex Legends, this can cause issues with Battle Pass leveling, item unlocks, and other errors. Unfortunately, we can't help you with deleting this persona because it will cause issues with your account, I am literally unable to do this, but if I could, it could mess up a lot of things and I'm sure you don't want that. We cannot unlink your PSN account from this EA account. I apologise for the inconvenience, please let me know if I can assist you with anything else.

Me: Are you serious? You can't link my EA account (email#1) with my PSN account (email#1) ??????

Representative: I am sorry for the inconvenience, no.

Me: So how am I supposed to get the 10+10% discount then?

Representative: We are unable to give you another solution, and I need to end the contact if there is nothing else I can help you with.

Me: This is EXTREMELY disappointing

< chat gets disconnected by Representative >

@EA_Roger Is this really true? I refuse to believe that it's impossible. The first rep. told me that there was technical problems, but assured me that they would link the account/change email if I tried again 1 hr. later. And this is the result...