Issues ordering FIFA for child account

Diem
750 posts Semi-Pro
Hi guys,

Clearly I'm doing something wrong, but can't for the life of me work out what!

I'm trying to pre-order on my son's account (so he gets the bonus packs), but get an error message "There are not enough funds in the wallet to complete this purchase. When funds have been added, please try this transaction again."

Not entirely unexpected, as he doesn't have the ability to buy things without consent, however I can't see how to bypass this. Have tried on console and on the web, and both give the same message. Have upped the spending limit too, so that it's in excess of the purchase value, but still no joy.

Final step would to just add the funds directly to his account (and lose out on the penny...), but can't even find where to do that.

It's been one of those weeks, so I'm probably just looking in the wrong place :dizzy: , so any tips appreciated!

Cheers

Comments

• RadioShaq
    18961 posts Moderator
    I don’t know the answer but maybe try PlayStations site to see if you can find a parental control faq.
  • Oldgmrdad
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    If I remember correctly there's a way to allow how much money a child account can use. It's in parental settings somewhere. Maybe that's why there aren't enough funds
  • Diem
    750 posts Semi-Pro
    Oldgmrdad wrote: »
    If I remember correctly there's a way to allow how much money a child account can use. It's in parental settings somewhere. Maybe that's why there aren't enough funds
    Thanks, I set that to the right amount. Weirdly it factored in an old purchase (years ago) but there was still sufficient.
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I don’t know the answer but maybe try PlayStations site to see if you can find a parental control faq.
    I'll do some more searching today, couldn't find anything concrete yesterday which addressed it!
  • BARTM8N
    74 posts Park Captain
    Turn off the parental lock, completely remove the credit card from the account completely and then use the wallet. Once done reverse it, but I’d still remove the CC anyway.
  • A_Snipe
    3354 posts National Call-Up
    You could always try getting psn gift cards and adding them to the wallet
  • Oldgmrdad
    Diem wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Clearly I'm doing something wrong, but can't for the life of me work out what!

I'm trying to pre-order on my son's account (so he gets the bonus packs), but get an error message "There are not enough funds in the wallet to complete this purchase. When funds have been added, please try this transaction again."

Not entirely unexpected, as he doesn't have the ability to buy things without consent, however I can't see how to bypass this. Have tried on console and on the web, and both give the same message. Have upped the spending limit too, so that it's in excess of the purchase value, but still no joy.

Final step would to just add the funds directly to his account (and lose out on the penny...), but can't even find where to do that.

It's been one of those weeks, so I'm probably just looking in the wrong place :dizzy: , so any tips appreciated!

Cheers

Did you figure it out? Could always just put no restrictions on your kids acct.
  • Diem
    750 posts Semi-Pro
    Thanks for the suggestions. Couldn't work out how to remove more restrictions, there was sufficient spend limit and the age rating was already maxed out.

Maybe they changed something in the last year...

Anyway, solution was to add sufficient funds to my wallet, then order from his account.
  • Oldgmrdad
    Glad you worked it out