FIFA 21 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Ashy
    20993 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2021
    You can only pick 1 rival which is also in the same league as you start out, it's a bit annoying really. I'm not sure if this changes the further you go into a career I mean imagine starting in league 1 and your rival is like Stockport or something and 5 years later you are on the PL. It's a bit worthless

The team you replace goes into rest of the world
  • Stlducks
    9376 posts League Winner
    I did not know you only had 1 rival, that is pretty dumb. But to be honest, if I'm doing a career, I would imagine that I would create my own "rival" with a team that I have met with multiple times throughout the career. Instead of just saying team X is my rival, I would wait to see who I am drawn against in cups, play in the league and things like that to see if a rival kind of creates on it's own.

• Ashy
    20993 posts Club Captain
    All I know is you choose 1 rival that is in the same league as you when you start. If you can develop rivals as the career goes on it makes sense
  • Wyojasond
    18279 posts World Class
    I’ll be back as well. Quite looking forward to the new game engine and improvements I’ve heard of so far. Already been working on some graphics and have a storyline already set in place for what I want to do.

Not much interested in the create a club, but might mess around with it later in the year. Would much rather they give us the options to expand or change our stadiums, plus change kits each season. Still I appreciate the changes they have made.

Look forward to being back here on a more regular basis 😎
  • Ashy
    20993 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2021
    You can change kits each season and the options and colours available is quite good, as far as stadium I've heard you can change the base stadium every season, so technically you could start at Town Park 10k seater or something and say a few seasons down the line expand to 30k seater generic stadium from one of the options, say your club builds a new stadium in your story. The options to change seat colours and fan chants is decent but could be much better.

I personally would have liked the option to create your stadium from the ground up, choosing each of the 4 sides from a preset of options for example and let's say if you wanted to expand one section that was possible.
  • Wyojasond
    18279 posts World Class
    Ashy wrote: »
    You can change kits each season and the options and colours available is quite good, as far as stadium I've heard you can change the base stadium every season, so technically you could start at Town Park 10k seater or something and say a few seasons down the line expand to 30k seater generic stadium from one of the options, say your club builds a new stadium in your story. The options to change seat colours and fan chants is decent but could be much better.

I personally would have liked the option to create your stadium from the ground up, choosing each of the 4 sides from a preset of options for example and let's say if you wanted to expand one section that was possible.

I meant more I’d like the option to change like Liverpool’s kits each season. Even have a randomized so other teams kits change as well.
  • Ashy
    20993 posts Club Captain
    Wyojasond wrote: »

I meant more I’d like the option to change like Liverpool’s kits each season. Even have a randomized so other teams kits change as well.

Ah yeah unfortunately never going to happen due to licences issues
  • Steffolovitch
    1394 posts Professional
    Who's interested in doing a fifa 22 career mode story then? Personally I'm really looking forward to it, I haven't really done a proper story on here since my Paris FC one which was Fifa 19 I think.

Even if this section is quite dead I'll be still posting I think, my updates are likely to be more summaries with 8 week jumps rather than monthly or game by game updates. I want to enjoy the game and post my progress basically

My idea is doing a Leeds United career, River Plate manager Marcelo Gallardo taking over Bielsa after the 21/22 season so the first season will be like a summary then it really kicks off once Gallardo comes in. A fallen giant rises.

I am definitely going to create FIFA22 stories. I've also done so in FIFA21, even though most of the community seems to have fallen off early - for understandable reasons I'll admit. However, I've switched between posting here and on neoseeker.com, where they also have a few career mode writers. The main difference from the two sites are that neo is usually not with the same visual output, as most are writing text summaries, while perhaps using a few screenshots. Everything is welcome though, but the stories seem to last a bit longer there, perhaps because the writers don't get stuck with using too much time on the visuals.

So I also won't spend too much time on just one league match, but also create these 2 or 3 months updates, unless it's a cup final or a playoff for promotion or similar. Looking forward to getting started, as I already have 5-6 ideas to choose from, when the game arrives.

I like the fallen giant idea, I have a similar one, only with Newcastle or the three giants in the 2. Bundesliga; Werder Bremen, HSV and Schalke 04. Or perhaps I'll have a go with Arsenal... Looking forward to get started...
  • Virtual_K
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nice to see the USA finally come alive in the second half. Still looking for that go to number nine, though. Josh Sargeant should be demoted to private.
  • Stlducks
    9376 posts League Winner
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Nice to see the USA finally come alive in the second half. Still looking for that go to number nine, though. Josh Sargeant should be demoted to private.

Completely agree. We desperately need a striker and a manager who will actually play our best players every match.
  • Virtual_K
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Completely agree. We desperately need a striker and a manager who will actually play our best players every match.

I like Berhalter as a manager. He came in at a tough time, played a lot of young players (unlike in the past) and has gotten results (Gold Cup and Nations League). I don't think there was anything wrong with the tactics in the games against El Salvador and Canada, just player execution. Still too many careless turnovers and sometimes too slow to transition to offense. Weston Mckennie deserved to be dismissed after two violations, and that coming after a violation for his club team. The dude needs to pull his big arrogant head out of his butt.
  • Stlducks
    9376 posts League Winner
    Virtual_K wrote: »

I like Berhalter as a manager. He came in at a tough time, played a lot of young players (unlike in the past) and has gotten results (Gold Cup and Nations League). I don't think there was anything wrong with the tactics in the games against El Salvador and Canada, just player execution. Still too many careless turnovers and sometimes too slow to transition to offense. Weston Mckennie deserved to be dismissed after two violations, and that coming after a violation for his club team. The dude needs to pull his big arrogant head out of his butt.

I agree with the McKennie decision but some of his other lineup choices I thought were bad. We still should have won the first game, I can understand the Canada draw.

McKennie needs to figure it out or else he’s going to kill his career with dumb decisions.
  • Virtual_K

I agree with the McKennie decision but some of his other lineup choices I thought were bad. We still should have won the first game, I can understand the Canada draw.

McKennie needs to figure it out or else he’s going to kill his career with dumb decisions.

I just started getting back to watching USMNT after taking a year off of watching sports. It just seems to me that there is inconsistent play among some of the bigger name players. I had expectations for Dest and he didn't impress at all, neither did Sargeant. McKennie is a good player, no doubt, but you're right, my guess is his attitude will cut his career short (reminds me a little of Andrew Bynum if you remember him from the Lakers).

I thought we should have won the first two games; we were clearly the better team (imo). Pulisic wasn't available for El Salvador and Reyna got injured, so the front line was a little in flux. I didn't think the draws were all that bad, especially after getting the win in Honduras. I fully expect us to win in Canada the next time (assuming we're not missing too many players), but my guess is Mexico will top the hex...er...oct. We will definitely qualify this time around.

• Wyojasond
    18279 posts World Class
    Hopefully we get a demo release today. I’m ready to see this game with a new engine. On top of that we are now a week away from EA play early access. Sounds like you can get up to 20hrs with new and old systems.

Got my story all ready setup and ready to go. Been working on some fun graphics and ready to get going 😎
  • Ashy
    20993 posts Club Captain
    Are you sure it's 20 hours, if so I'll be doing 10 hours pro clubs maybe UT on PS4 and 10 hours career mode ps5.

I still need to sort out a few things before my graphics are story is ready to go
  • Wyojasond
    18279 posts World Class
    Are you sure it's 20 hours, if so I'll be doing 10 hours pro clubs maybe UT on PS4 and 10 hours career mode ps5.

I still need to sort out a few things before my graphics are story is ready to go

From everything I’ve been seeing, it sounds like you get ten hours on both systems. There was a bunch of talk in the Ultimate team section about it yesterday.
  • Stlducks
    9376 posts League Winner
    @Virtual_K and @WestardLord you both seem to like the MLS and know all about it. Are you in favor of promotion and relegations coming to the league in 3-5 years or do you think the MLS is not ready for that?
  • WestardLord
    2493 posts Fans' Favourite
    @Virtual_K and @WestardLord you both seem to like the MLS and know all about it. Are you in favor of promotion and relegations coming to the league in 3-5 years or do you think the MLS is not ready for that?
    Personally, I would love it. The league is now big enough that we could divide the teams as they are into a higher and lower division and there would be enough sides for each.

I'd even be in favor of a 2-phase season, where we play normally for the first half and split into a playoff format for the second, like Scotland and Austria.

The problem is really the ownership structure and the "franchise" system, where clubs are considered "brands" first, before they're considered clubs. It's nice if you're a fan of parity and equity in a sporting league, but it means success based on merit is valued less.
  • Virtual_K

I think people oversimplify the reasons MLS doesn't have pro/rel. There is no way to properly respond to this without writing a book. You have to know the history of soccer in this country and understand why former leagues failed like the first incarnation of NASL, which could have been successful. MLS is structured the way it is because there was a lot of skepticism and huge financial risk involved with the initial investment. MLS started with ten teams and only four owners.

In short, 3-5 years is way too ambitious. Pro/rel would not work in this country the way it does in Europe and people should accept that. To get a glimpse how it could work, take a look at how our lower leagues are being structured (USL, League One, League Two). I think these lower leagues would have to introduce pro/rel and demonstrate viability before MLS would ever consider the risk, and it is a risk that could (and probably would) introduce financial instability. I can foresee in the future (no less than 10 or 15 years) a closed system of pro/rel having an MLS I and MLS II league, each divided by East and West with the lowest team from each conference being relegated and so forth, but that would require adding several more expansion teams. Forty teams would probably cut it with twenty teams in each league evenly divided by conference.

• Stlducks
    9376 posts League Winner
    Knowing nothing about how MLS is, my main thought was pro/rel would not work in America because it's not something we are used to and it seems like Americans do not care as much about lower leagues. I know it's not a perfect comparison but I look at the MLB with all it's leagues and nobody seems to care about the minors unless they are in your city.

It's nice to hear some more background on why it won't work. As much as I would love it, I find it hard to see it working in America.
  • CHYP2074
    2598 posts Fans' Favourite
    FIFA 22 thread link?