17307 posts World Class
edited September 2020
Here we go boys! Let’s hope its way better than last year 😂😂

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493be0uobqhxtu3wwb3unl1pde1qpq8xltpkj7rvqgpc&rid=giphy.gif
Post edited by Wyojasond on

Comments

• Stlducks
    7036 posts Big Money Move
    No meme welcoming people back this year? That's poor, @Wyojasond just a poor effort to start the year.
  • Wyojasond
    17307 posts World Class
    Fixed it @Stlducks 😏😂
  • Stlducks
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    Fixed it @Stlducks 😏😂

Haha perfect!
  • Chris
    5669 posts Big Money Move
    ✌️
  • Alastair
    10262 posts Moderator
    Almost time for potentially the best year ever for the mode :heart:
  • CHYP2074
    2401 posts Fans' Favourite
    I agree huge changes by EA I like it.
    From what I read i think I am supposed to say "hi" and I like to use Kilyan Mbappe, even for a one season career mode, because of the FIFA 20 gameplay, but I am not sure if he will be better than CR7 or Messi with FIFA 21 gameplay, all in all, I think if you'd want to pick a player for like a 3 season career mode or so nobody would hesitate, and chose mbappe
  • CHYP2074
    Still I think to give people from nations that have nothing on FIFA a great and enjoyable experience, the game should be more expansible. Like I am from Lebanon, there are only two players from Lebanon, no Lebanese club/no Lebanese league/no Asian Champions League, I am not asking to add a Lebanese club or the Lebanese premier League, because I confess that they suck, but at least let us create our own clubs for career mode, our own leagues our own competitions know what I mean? Anyway I think FIFA 21 career mode is gonna be revolutionary! Great job EA sports!
  • Danimal5981
    2610 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2020
    Well, well: Getting geared up for this one. Hi, Dutch Danny back at you from Poland. I have an early access version, which means the game is already pre-loaded and ready to go October 1st.

In contrast to last year where the CM was dreadful, which was also clearly visible on the FIFA 20 CMS thread which dried up and died out earlier than normal, I think this is going to be a fun game for CM players.

As per usual, I'll kick off a story with my fav team from hometown Amsterdam, AFC Ajax which normally runs until the new year's. After that, I usually give an attempt with an odd ball team, but whether that keeps going depends on the longetivity and playability of the CM.

I live in Kraków, Poland but I also have relatives in Mielec, Poland and that team has returned to the Polish Ekstraklasa for the first time in a loooong while, so I'm eager to maybe play that team. As for Kraków, I lean towards Wisla but I'm quite close to the single Dutch professional football player in Kraków and he plays for rivals Cracovia, so I might give that a chance, this version.

The last three FIFAs, my achievements with Ajax were very similar to what later Ajax would perform in real life. The only minor difference was FIFA 20, where I was knocked out in the UCL round of 16 while in real life Ajax did not survive the group stages, but was kicked out of the first knock out stage of UEL by Getafe. Other than that, I expect that whatever I manage to produce with the Amsterdam side will sit close to reality. I'm looking forward to it; I hope most of you will as well.
  • Stlducks
    I think this year has a lot of potential to be great. I really hope EA do not bring great features but with major flaws but either way, I'm going to be playing CM this year since I have taken a while away from the game and am excited to play again.
  • Steffolovitch
    451 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hi, I'm Steffen from Denmark. I'm quite a Career Mode enthusiast and am for instance still going strong with my campaign in FIFA20. So far I've written my stories in a forum on another site, where it's almost purely text-form, but I'm curious about your more graphic setup here. I think I will try it this year. I don't have any early access though, so I guess I'll just commence on October 9th.

I usually do things differently from time to time, but mostly I try to keep it realistic to some extent. I've just played eight seasons with a German side, so I'll probably start somewhere else for my first campaign. Sadly Italy is out of the question with their licensing issues, and I tend to wait with England until the November updates have arrived, both game faces and Elland Road. So I have narrowed my choice of club down, but haven't decided completely yet.

Really looking forward to this one, though I know there are also disappointments and bugs ahead.
  • Wyojasond
    17307 posts World Class
    Ready for early access. Just hoping it’s not a glitch filled fest like Madden was to start.

Spend the first few days getting familiar with the game, dabble a bit in FUT (I know, I’m a traitor 🤦‍♂️😂) then once the transfer window officially closes and squads are fully updated I’ll get started with a story. Was going to do a short Liverpool story to start, but we’re so loaded at this point it would be a walk in the park 😂 Just might start with a midtable team and then if I get the new Xbox I’ll try something different.
  • Chris
    Yeah I'm holding off on actually starting until the window shuts and probably the first hot fix because they'll be problems early on like usual
  • CHYP2074
    I think making a story with a big team, Idk how you guys have felt in the past, is a bit boring/easy because you can easily make smart moves and win the treble from season 1, like I am doing with Madrid this month
  • CHYP2074
    Did anybody hear anything about this bug where you would have to train a 21 yr old CF (St as a secondary position) for 30 weeks to become a striker?
  • Chris
    CHYP2074 wrote: »
    I think making a story with a big team, Idk how you guys have felt in the past, is a bit boring/easy because you can easily make smart moves and win the treble from season 1, like I am doing with Madrid this month

I dont mind doing big teams, I just keep the transfers realistic, and play on hardest difficulties. Occasionally have a window with no investment as teams do IRL for the FFP
  • Ashy
    16696 posts World Class
    edited September 2020
    Ye to do a big team you need to try keep transfers realistic, ofc taking a very top team like Liverpool or Bayern or PSG it will be very easy. So you want to take a team that needs help like Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Barca, Atletico, Inter, AC Milan, Dortmund. All these are big teams but also need help to reach the very top so there is a journey in a sense

It's also about finding the right difficulty, you don't want to be easily beating teams, I play on legendary personally but it depends on your level
  • Stlducks
    I have tried big clubs in the past but grow tired of them after a season. Real Madrid I didn't even make it a full season through because games seemed easy. But I can see the appeal for people that want to see how many trophies they can win and use big name players.

Tottenham are fun for me if I use restrictions (limit spending to a low amount, play on Legendary, realistic transfers) but the past year they have also become boring because the players are really good in FIFA so not many upgrades are needed.
  • CHYP2074
    Man I did a Madrid career mode for FIFA 20, and well ok, I bought Mbappe Kante and KDB but those are not that major of an upgrade regarding that RMA had Modric, Kroos and Bale on FIFA 20 obviously in real life Bale was not starting, and I played every single game on Legendary difficulty, I have a shot on the treble, here are some of my wins:
    5-1 v Valencia
    Record of 6-0, 4-2, and 6-3 v Atletico Madrid
    my record against Barca: 3-3, 3-2, 3-1, 4-2
    6-2 against Bayern
    4-1 against Juve
    3-2 v Celta Vigo
    and I simmed the rest I think.
    Like that's kinda boring, this is why next season I am chosing to do a RTG from EFL 2 newly promoted team
  • CHYP2074
    Stlducks wrote: »
    I have tried big clubs in the past but grow tired of them after a season. Real Madrid I didn't even make it a full season through because games seemed easy. But I can see the appeal for people that want to see how many trophies they can win and use big name players.

Tottenham are fun for me if I use restrictions (limit spending to a low amount, play on Legendary, realistic transfers) but the past year they have also become boring because the players are really good in FIFA so not many upgrades are needed.

Just saw that, Real Madrid simply seems OP on FIFA 20, I had a Bayern UCL game and a Clasico game deciding who will take the lead in Laliga, I played Vinicius Rodrygo, Valverde, which are all subs for me, and I still gave them a 2-0 beat down to Bayern and 3-2 or 3-1 to Barca
  • Wiggie44
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hi guys, I did my first story on here last year with my club Portsmouth. It died a death when I changed jobs in the real world. Career mode is the only mode I play and the changes this year sound great (hopefully there aren't too many bugs!), I'm gonna go again with a Pompey story which will be similar circumstances after we lost the playoff semis for a second season :'(

Good luck with your stories this year everyone, there are some great looking setups already :)
  • Chris
    CHYP2074 wrote: »
    Man I did a Madrid career mode for FIFA 20, and well ok, I bought Mbappe Kante and KDB but those are not that major of an upgrade regarding that RMA had Modric, Kroos and Bale on FIFA 20 obviously in real life Bale was not starting, and I played every single game on Legendary difficulty, I have a shot on the treble, here are some of my wins:
    5-1 v Valencia
    Record of 6-0, 4-2, and 6-3 v Atletico Madrid
    my record against Barca: 3-3, 3-2, 3-1, 4-2
    6-2 against Bayern
    4-1 against Juve
    3-2 v Celta Vigo
    and I simmed the rest I think.
    Like that's kinda boring, this is why next season I am chosing to do a RTG from EFL 2 newly promoted team

Any signings in the first window are unrealistic to begin with, but I think KDB, Kante and Mbappe would be about 300+ million IRL

In saying that, pick a team like Atleti, just off the top teams but with plenty of potential.
  • dannyboy
    13001 posts Has That Special Something
    Alastair wrote: »

Feel like you post this every year.
  • Chris
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »

Feel like you post this every year.

Without fail, Walter
  • DaBeastModeTey
    89 posts Park Captain
    I think I'm finally coming back after the changes made this year. I wanna do a league one team with ten million, starting today whenever the ea play comes out. I was really young last time i did this and have been messing with photoshop and illustrator alot and am ready to come back with a bang. It's FIFA 21 season boys.
  • CHYP2074
    Guys btw I have a problem uploading the image here, because it wants a link, while imgur.com is not woriking for me
  • Wyojasond
    17307 posts World Class
    Woke up early to get started with early access because I’m going camping tonight and gonna be gone for a few days. Only to realize it doesn’t release for a few more hours 😂🤦‍♂️
  • Stlducks
    Woke up early to get started with early access because I’m going camping tonight and gonna be gone for a few days. Only to realize it doesn’t release for a few more hours 😂🤦‍♂️

Did you pick a team yet?
  • Wyojasond
    17307 posts World Class
    Stlducks wrote: »

Did you pick a team yet?

No 😂😂😂 Havent had much time to work on graphics so that hasn’t helped. I’m leaning more towards a championship side now, just because I may hold off on getting the new Xbox for a bit.
  • Wyojasond
    17307 posts World Class
    Sorry in advance @Danimal5981 😏
  • Danimal5981
    2610 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sorry in advance @Danimal5981 😏

Twice the pride, double the fall #AJAX #AFCA #WZAWZDB