Career Mode Story Help Thread (Resources, Graphics, Collabs and General Help)

Comments

• CHYP2074
    2598 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ashy wrote: »
    CHYP2074 wrote: »
    @Stlducks you seem pretty experienced in here, I would love it if you could constructively criticize my story, I know I am doing something wrong I know something is missing, I am trying to improve it every day.
    I know it is possible that it's because I am new and I need to be consistent to have people following it, but in this case, I know I am doing something wrong. I have seen the Dallas, NY red bull, and Dusseldorf stories, similarily the Arsenal non-negotiables and the spurs rebuild. Please put me on the right path any advice is very much appreciated even if it's critics.

I can try critique your story if you like

Also you are probably doing nothing wrong it's just very quiet in here so don't expect replies after every update, at best you'll have 'silent viewers' these will click on your story and read the update but not comment, there are maybe 2-3 active people including you at best on here right now so I'd definitely try post it elsewhere if you are looking for interaction but also I'd update it and post here as a secondary thing.

You would have loved this place 5 years ago, you would have at least 10 active stories, get multiple replies each day and we had about 15 or so regulars following each others story, going back even further you struggle to keep your story on the first page there were so many.

I still think there is a place for career mode stories in this format because you can let your imagination run and do all sorts of graphics etc which cannot be done with YouTube for example but the community is dead here.

Yeah I moved to dynastysports, a much more active place. The Harrogate one didn't earn much success there either, the Wolves to glory did and I can understand why I started keeping track of it too late it was weird.
  • CHYP2074
    2598 posts Fans' Favourite
    I would like to hear your critique as well though
  • Virtual_K
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    The EPL spreadsheet application I'm working on is coming right along. I thought I would post some screenshots for review.
    Evxa2Ud.png
    Full Table

hs7asWz.png
    Small Table

Wu69bH8.png
    Team Summary

PZBWBSH.png
    Weekly Results

Here are some user interface captures:
    JBbqQ2L.png

zJzu5IU.png

ECo3hKv.png

Depending on the resolution setting of your computer, some of the images can come out a little large and may need to be scaled down. For instance, when I got a new laptop, the resolution is 4k but that is too small to see some apps, so there is a zoom setting in windows. In other words, some images come out larger than they appear in the app. I intend to add a scale option to the copy image buttons but may not do so before I make the beta available for interested persons. Images can always be scaled in an image program like Paint or Photoshop but my plan is to eliminate that need and make things simple.

The beta won't be feature complete but should be usable. One of the things I intend to add after the beta is the ability to create your own table using some simple custom functions, e.g. VK_Team, VK_Wins, VK_Loss, etc. for those that want to make the effort.
  • WestardLord
    2467 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wow looks really good
  • LAboog4
    1155 posts Professional
    These look really good. I like how simple some areas look but so detailed in others. It is a nice mix and balance.
  • Virtual_K
    This is just a test to see how images scaled down 50% compare to normal images on my system. Don't mind me.

Evxa2Ud.png
    100%

T8LVeIC.png
    50%

hs7asWz.png
    100%

pbj6pkW.png
    50%

Wu69bH8.png
    100%

oea6bf4.png
    50%

PZBWBSH.png
    100%

ll3fNKq.png
    50%

There is a little loss in clarity but not as much as when scaling the image after the fact in an image program. So all in all, a success I'd say. Most people won't have to scale the image at all unless they've applied the zoom setting in Windows. So far, so good. Beta is almost ready for testing; just have to button a few things up.
  • Virtual_K
    My English Premier League Spreadsheet application is ready for testing for those that are interested. The following list are things you might like to know:
    1. Requires Microsoft Excel version 2019 or Excel version 365 (written using this version). Earlier versions may open the application okay and run the menu, but they won't support some functions that will make calculations incorrect.
    2. Application uses VBA (macros), so you will get warning messages whenever you attempt to open unless you configure Excel to trust the document.
    3. I run 64-bit Excel, but this should work with 32-bit Excel as well.

Just PM me if you are interested in testing and I will respond with a link. All I ask is that you provide some feedback in this section. If you don't know me and are worried that I will show up at your house on Christmas Eve, well...you should be. ;)
    nQRzNj7.gif

I posted some screenshots above in case you missed it. Any questions or concerns, feel free to ask. B)
  • JDB44
    530 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2021
    tested