20894 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2020
    Hype video
  • Ashy
    20894 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2020
    gn0rtpm.png

Goalkeepers
    • 22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png #1 Bernd Leno (85)
    • 20px-Flag_of_Iceland.svg.png #13 Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson (70)
    • 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png #33 Matt Macey (65)
    Defenders
    • 22px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png #2 Héctor Bellerín (80)
    • 22px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png #3 Kieran Tierney (78)
    • 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png #4 William Saliba (74)
    • 22px-Flag_of_Greece.svg.png #5 Sokratis (79)
    • 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png #6 Gabriel (78)
    • 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png #16 Rob Holding (75)
    • 22px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png #17 Cédric Soares (76)
    • 22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png #20 Shkodran Mustafi (78)
    • 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png #21 Calum Chambers (75)
    • 22px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png #22 Pablo Marí (75)
    • 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png #23 David Luiz (80)
    • 22px-Flag_of_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina.svg.png #31 Sead Kolašinac (78)
    Midfielders
    • 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png #7 Bukayo Saka (75)
    • 22px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png #8 Dani Ceballos (80)
    • 22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png #10 Mesut Özil (82)
    • 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png #15 Ainsley Maitland-Niles (76)
    • 22px-Flag_of_Ghana.svg.png #18 Thomas Partey (84)
    • 22px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png #25 Mohamed Elneny (76)
    • 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png #28 Joe Willock (71)
    • 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png #32 Emile Smith Rowe (69)
    • 18px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png #34 Granit Xhaka (80)
    Forwards
    • 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png #9 Alexandre Lacazette (83)
    • 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png #12 Willian (82)
    • 22px-Flag_of_Gabon.svg.png #14 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (87)
    • 22px-Flag_of_C%C3%B4te_d%27Ivoire.svg.png #19 Nicolas Pépé (82)
    • 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png #24 Reiss Nelson (72)
    • 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png #30 Eddie Nketiah (71)
    • 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png #35 Gabriel Martinelli (74)
    • 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png #38 Folarin Balogun (60)
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • Ashy
    20894 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2020
    gHSSyDw.png

Summer Window 2020

Transfers in (£77,200,000)
    Thomas Partey (Atletico Madrid) £45,000,000
    Gabriel (Lille) £23,200,000
    Pablo Marí (Flamengo) £7,200,000
    Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson (Dijon) £1,800,000
    Willian (Chelsea) Free
    Cédric Soares (Southampton) Free
    Dani Ceballos (Real Madrid) Loan

Transfers out (£23,000,000)
    Emiliano Martínez (Aston Villa) £20,000,000
    Sam Greenwood (Leeds United) £3,000,000
    Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Roma) Free
    Lucas Torreira (Atletico Madrid) Loan
    Mattéo Guendouzi (Hertha Berlin) Loan
    Konstantinos Mavropanos (Stuttgart) Loan
    Jordi Osei-Tutu (Cardiff City) Loan
    Ben Sheaf (Coventry City) Loan
    Mark McGuinness (Ipswitch Town) Loan
    Tyreece John-Jules (Doncaster) Loan
    Matt Smith (Swindon Town) Loan
    Trae Coyle (Gillingham) Loan
    Zech Medley (Gillingham) Loan
    Joseph Olowu (Cork City) Loan
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • Ashy
    20894 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2020
    Hoping to start this story as soon as the transfer window shuts and EA put the latest squad update up, probably between Tuesday 6th-Thursday 8th October as long as there are no game breaking bugs. But I wanted to get this up early so its here.

This will be my realistic take on an Arsenal story that is set to span at least 5 seasons, Mikel Arteta aims to take Arsenal from the depths of collapse back into the UCL and become a team that is competitive on all fronts and can go toe to toe with the best in England and in Europe.

It will be a fast pace story with monthly updates and focused more visually rather than a detailed text base story, I will try make it as engaging as possible and a fun but realistic story to enjoy. I expect to finish a season every 8 days once it kicks off for example so don't blink.

I hope you enjoy.
  • Steffolovitch
    1369 posts Professional
    "Realistic" and "toe to toe with the best" in the same sentence :wink:
    Joke aside, I'm intrigued with the approach and will try to keep up here.

Good luck!
  • Ashy
    20894 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2020
    "Realistic" and "toe to toe with the best" in the same sentence :wink:
    Joke aside, I'm intrigued with the approach and will try to keep up here.

Good luck!

Haha I mean we have gone and beat some top teams in the last 6 months under Arteta but I mean in a sense that the story is expected to be realistic as far as progressing up the table over the 5+ years and transfer business. Going toe to toe with the best is something we work on and will only get better as the seasons move on, can we win the UCL/PL in the next 5 years, it's possible if the recruitment is spot on and coaching is good, it won't be something I expect for the first couple of years for example

But look at Klopp at Liverpool for example, that's how I aim to progress, will it happen we will see.
  • Steffolovitch
    1369 posts Professional
    Absolutely, anything can happen in five years time. Arteta also shows great promise IMO, so I wouldn't rule out something like that. However, I do believe Liverpool, City and Chelsea are one step ahead at this point. Intrigued how you'll play this out and to see which signings you will bring with you on this journey.
  • Ashy
    20894 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2020

7RWT49Q.png

Arsenal's talisman Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has signed a new 3 year contract keeping him at the club until 2023 putting to bed all the speculation of him potentially leaving for free next summer or moving this transfer window. Reports suggest he rejected two offers from European clubs, one heavily rumoured to be from Barcelona while the other many suggest was from Inter Milan. Aubameyang commented on the reasoning for him staying at Arsenal, he wants to build a legacy like others before him, Henry, Wright, Bergkamp, Adams. He wants to live in the hearts of the fans forever. His father a big inspiration for him persuaded him to remain and captain Arsenal to further glories. Arteta was also a big persuader during the pandemic lockdown when both had a lengthy conversation about the situation and the key word Arteta said to him was 'legacy'. Many captains have left Arsenal in the past before the time was right, Patrick Vieira, Cesc Fabregas, Robin Van Persie and Laurent Koscielny and Aubameyang will not be added to that list.

Legacy was the key word but how can Aubameyang achieve that? Captain Arsenal to a European trophy, win the Premier League title? Can Arsenal achieve these things within his 3 year deal? One way is to look at his goals. He is currently on 70 Arsenal goals in all competitions and the graphic above has the top 15 ranked Arsenal scorers of all time. The question is where will the Gabonese player sit when its all said and done? If he continues on his current path its predicted he will end on 150+ goals which puts him in the top 4. Only time will tell but Arsenal fans will be very happy he's finally 'signed da ting'.
  • Steffolovitch
    1369 posts Professional
    Still a long way up for a 31 year old. However, he does have quite a goal scoring record, so you'll never know how far up that ladder he'll be able to climb. In game it could also be difficult if the stats of elderly players drop as rapidly as in the most recent FIFA releases. Looking forward to see if he can clinch into that list of yours.
  • Chris
    5669 posts Big Money Move
    Good luck man, I look forward to getting back into this section and your stories are always an excellent read

I think our stories will have a lot of similarities, big teams but still a gap between the likes of Liverpool, Man City and the rest of the European big boys.
  • Stlducks
    9369 posts League Winner
    Excited to follow this one along. Getting past the team you select is a challenge but your nice visuals make up for it!
  • Ashy
    20894 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2020
    L8U9as1.png

Born March 1982 in San Sebastian as a baby he was diagnosed with a serious heart condition which required surgery and doctors would tell his parents their son would never play any sport but he would come to love football and aged 5 those doctors agreed to merely monitor his condition. And play he did, in the beaches of Calle Matia with a local boy that would grow up to win everything the sport had to offer, Xabi Alonso. The two became inseparable, honing their touch and technique on the beach. Later down the line they would play alongside each other for club Antiguoko, feeder club for Real Sociedad. While Alonso followed that route, aged 15 Arteta had the opportunity to join the team he supported as a boy, Barcelona.

0wXeWES.png

Arteta may have been one of the smallest players but he was one of the smartest. Arteta came under Pep Guardiola's mentoring at Barcelona, and made his debut replacing him. However first team opportunities were limited with the emergence of Xavi, Cocu and Rochemback so he joined PSG on loan. It was a big change for the 19 year old, playing with the likes of Ronaldinho, Pochettino, Anelka and Jay-Jay Okocha but he survived. He later moved to Rangers and enjoyed 50 games there before returning to San Sebastian, the idea to play with Xabi Alonso however Alonso moved to Liverpool that season and Arteta followed him to Merseyside shortly afterwards however it was the blue half where he spent 7 seasons before ending his career at Arsenal for a further 6 seasons captaining them to 2 FA cup wins.

oNXJCKC.png

Mikel Arteta built the groundwork for his coaching career while at Arsenal. He coached Arsenal's u13's at Hale End during a lengthy injury in 2015 and later in the year he earnt his coaching A licence taking charge of Wales' u16's for the Victory shield tournament. His philosophy started to take shape at this time. "I will have everyone 120% committed, that's the first thing. If not they don't play for me". He knew how he wanted his football to be played, "I want the football to be expressive, entertaining, I cannot have a concept of football when it's based on the opposition, we have to dictate the game, we have to be the ones with the initiative and we have to entertain the people coming to watch us".

z4mxA8u.png

Arteta had three options upon retirement. He was offered to lead the Arsenal Academy, by Arsène Wenger, join Mauricio Pochettino's backroom staff at Tottenham (former PSG teammate and good friend) or join Pep Guardiola's coaching team at Manchester City. July 2016 Arteta was appointed an assistant coach at Manchester City and would be Pep's apprentice where Man City would have great success becoming centurions and defending their title against a resilient Liverpool side the year after. Many praise his coaching abilities after the improvement of certain players most notably Raheem Sterling. Arteta would be a strong candidate to replace Arsène Wenger however it was Unai Emery that got the job and only 18 months later Arteta got his opportunity.

9u2J0DH.png

December 2019 Mikel Arteta was appointed head coach of Arsenal following Emery's departure and Ljungberg stepping in. Upon his appointment, he stated that he believed the club had lost direction and that he didn't want players to shirk responsibility: "I want people to take responsibility for their jobs and I want people who deliver passion and energy in the football club. Anyone who doesn’t buy into this, or that has a negative effect or whatever, is not good enough for this environment or this culture.” Arsenal have been known to be a push off over the last decade, a team that doesn't fight for every ball, a team that lacks determination to be the best again. Arteta seeks to change the whole culture of the club and he's had a fantastic start winning the FA Cup beating Man City and Chelsea, earning a win rate of around 58% over 28 games which is very similar to Arsene Wenger. As the new season is upon on Arteta has been promoted from Head Coach to Manager, meaning he has much more control at the club when it comes to decisions and transfer strategy. What the future holds for him and the club, well I guess you'll just have to find out....

• Ashy
    20894 posts Club Captain
    Still a long way up for a 31 year old. However, he does have quite a goal scoring record, so you'll never know how far up that ladder he'll be able to climb. In game it could also be difficult if the stats of elderly players drop as rapidly as in the most recent FIFA releases. Looking forward to see if he can clinch into that list of yours.
    As long as he performs I hope he remains around his rating and his physicals don't drop off too much, maybe he'll transfer into a central striker later down the line like Ronaldo
    Chris wrote: »
    Good luck man, I look forward to getting back into this section and your stories are always an excellent read
    I think our stories will have a lot of similarities, big teams but still a gap between the likes of Liverpool, Man City and the rest of the European big boys.
    Yes agreed, you have a fast track with the money spent this year so let's see what you can do with them, I'll try play catch up
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Excited to follow this one along. Getting past the team you select is a challenge but your nice visuals make up for it!
    Haha I get you, I'll try not to embarrass Spurs too much

Will be doing an update every couple of days to do with the transfer window, just wanted to get the Auba and Arteta piece done first. Thanks guys
  • Chris
    Yeah we're definitely a step ahead at the minute haha 😅 I'm really like what's happening at Arsenal, they're my pick to break into the top 4 ahead of United this season
  • Ashy
    20894 posts Club Captain
    17NmAN2.png

One of the key things Mikel Arteta has identified that needs strengthening is the Arsenal midfield. With Xhaka a key part of his plans after a strong comeback to what many thought was the end for him in December, its about finding the right partners for him. Guendouzi and Torreira are out of favour and Willock cannot be trusted to start for the Gunners. Mikel is pushing to get Ceballos on loan once again but Real Madrid will have the final say. So the club look at long term solutions and 2 names stand out. Atletico Madrid's Thomas Partey and Lyon's Houssem Aouar, Partey is a key part of the Atletico midfield and has a £45m release clause which will need to be paid in full while Lyon failed to qualify for Europe this season means they will need to cash in on some players and there is nobody more valuable than their prize midfielder Aouar but competition is expected to be high for him. Reports suggest Arsenal are at the early stages of discussions with both clubs and things are expected to drag on through August and Septemeber. Arsenal may look at alternative targets such as Soumare and Coutinho.

Arsenal complete the signings right back Cedric from Southampton after his 6 month loan spell, the club had the option to sign him for free which they triggered. While Pablo Mari joined Arsenal in January on loan with a £7.2m option to buy from Brazilian club Flamengo. The left-sided centre back will be a key squad player for Arteta with his need for the right balance in defence as far as preferred foot and height.

Konstantinos Mavropanos will join Bundesliga side Stuttgart on loan for the season. The 22 year old will get important minutes at the club and could play a key role in the squad next season with the probable exits of David Luiz, Mustafi and Sokratis all entering their final year of their contracts.
  • Ashy
    20894 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2020
    CPXhYKj.png

Arsenal complete the signing of free agent Willian, reports suggested Willian pushed for a 3 year contract while Chelsea were only prepared to offer him 2 years. Barcelona's interest in the Brazilian wasn't as strong as first thought either so with that and the player wanted to remain in London, so in came Arsenal. A 3 year deal has been reached and after the call from Arteta himself the player was convinced. Where will Willian play though? He can play either side out wide however has looked better on the left where Aubameyang occupies, he will most likely compete with Pepe on the right or he may play more centrally adding creativity to the team.

Arsenal and Roma reach an agreement along with Henrikh Mkhitaryan to released him from the club, the player will remain at Roma signing permanently after a successful loan spell last season. The Armenian was a big earner at the club and Arsenal will be pleased to use those wages elsewhere.

Youth prospect Sam Greenwood also exits the club joining newly promoted Leeds United for a £1.5m fee rising to £3m. The youngster found it hard to breakthrough with Folarin Balogun even ahead of him in the academy but the highly talented forward could be another one that got away from Arsenal.
  • Wiggie44
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I love the detail you're putting into your build up. Arsenal have got the stadium and there's some interesting storylines for you this season with Willian signing and Aubameyang chasing history. Good luck with it :)
  • Chris
    Willian was always hot or cold for us, hopefully he can string some consistency together for you lot
  • Danimal5981
    3004 posts National Call-Up
    Good build up. Would be good to finally see Arsenal qualify for the UCL again.
  • Ashy
    20894 posts Club Captain
    T5l7UPs.png

Confirmation today that Arsenal have completed the signing of Gabriel from Lille for a total fee of £23m rising to £27m. The left footed Brazilian centre back was one of the stand out defenders last season in Ligue 1 and with Arteta keen on having the right balance with right footed and left footed defenders it all comes to a close. Arsenal beat the likes of Napoli and Man United to his signature with Napoli in pole position for some weeks and Man United coming in late with interest but the player was always convinced with Arsenal and is expected to be a main player almost instantly.

Dani Ceballos returns for another loan spell at Arsenal with no option to buy. Rumours surrounded this transfer all summer with Ceballos keen on re-joining the Gunners to push for a Euro 2021 place in the Spain squad rather than be a rotational option at Real Madrid. Zidane doesn't rate the Spanish midfielder just yet but another year in London and his worth could shoot up with Arsenal potentially looking to tie up Dani on a permanent deal then.

Emiliano Martinez exits the club afters 10 years. With Leno injured he came in and performed to the absolute maximum and many suggested he should be the Arsenal number one, however Arteta saw it differently and with the player pushing for a move for more minutes he gets his wish as he joins Aston Villa for a fee reported to be around £20m.
  • Ashy
    20894 posts Club Captain
    Wiggie44 wrote: »
    I love the detail you're putting into your build up. Arsenal have got the stadium and there's some interesting storylines for you this season with Willian signing and Aubameyang chasing history. Good luck with it :)
    Thanks, yeah some interesting storylines to go off which I like, trying to build my own story from what is there
    Willian was always hot or cold for us, hopefully he can string some consistency together for you lot
    Yeah I'll try get the best out of him but for me Pepe is my number 1 RW so he will be a rotation option but could force his way in
    Good build up. Would be good to finally see Arsenal qualify for the UCL again.
    Thanks, I'll try my best I expect to do it within 2 seasons!
  • Chris
    Yeah its a big season for Pepe, really needs to push on and prove himself.

In other news, Partey signing for Arsenal IRL will give the team one hell of a boost
  • Wyojasond
    18269 posts World Class
    Can’t wait for this Partey to get started now 😏 Arsenal have done some solid business in the summer window.
  • Ashy
    20894 posts Club Captain
    Yeah its a big season for Pepe, really needs to push on and prove himself.
    In other news, Partey signing for Arsenal IRL will give the team one hell of a boost
    So exciting to use Partey. Pepe is someone I really like and think will be good on Fifa too
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    Can’t wait for this Partey to get started now 😏 Arsenal have done some solid business in the summer window.
    Yep, even more hyped just waiting for the squad update hopefully its out before Friday, I'll just play some UT for now. Waiting for all the 3rd kits to come in too seems like Adidas are missing theirs but Nike have theirs. Bit concerned the real life schedule isn't in the game too but since its now a fantasy career I can go with a random fixture list.
  • Ashy
    20894 posts Club Captain
    tUEx7I4.png

There was crazy deadline day drama in North London as they trigger Thomas Partey's £45m release clause on the final day. Walking away from the Aouar deal meant they could go back in for their previous top target Partey, many suggest they were going after him all along and wanted Aouar on top of that but it wasn't to be. The Ghanaian central midfielder will add steel to the midfield and allow Arsenal to dominate games more and potentially move to a 4-3-3 formation which is Arteta's preferred setup.

Arsenal fans waking up this morning expected the usual panic buying or no incoming whatsoever but they were surprised when the news broke around 1pm that Arsenal had informed La Liga they were prepared to submit the £45m deposit within hours. Thomas had his medical done in Madrid before flying to London to finalise things, its reported he already agreed terms with the club for some time and was eager to move to London and compete in the Premier League being an admirer of Arsenal. Arsenal failed to negotiate a lower fee or instalment based deal with Atletico so it came down to the clause or nothing and here we are, Partey will take the no.18.

It's not all doom and gloom for Atletico Madrid fans as they get Uruguayan international Lucas Torreira from Arsenal on loan with a buy option. As reported earlier in the window the player absolutely wanted out of London after not settling in and seemly out of Arteta's plans. Italy was the favoured destination with Fiorentina and Torino candidates but both couldn't afford the £20-25m fee. Atletico then came in and turned his head, although Arsenal couldn't negotiate an obligation to buy surely Torreira will get minutes and prove he is Simeone's man.

Also wantaway midfielder Matteo Guendouzi exits the club, Arsenal have been shopping him around Europe all summer but nobody were prepared to offer what Arsenal wanted, the players relationship with manager Arteta is sour and the Frenchman has been frozen out of the first team for months. Well Hertha Berlin come in on deadline day with a loan offer with no option to buy allowing Guendouzi to go to Germany and prove his worth, the feeling is he won't be an Arsenal player in the future it's a case of improving his value and selling him next summer.
  • Ashy
    20894 posts Club Captain
    pIQfURx.png
  • Chris
    I'm surprised to see Guendouzi leave, I know he had some beef or something, but thought Arteta might try and get the best of him
  • Steffolovitch
    1369 posts Professional
    Nice transfer summary and list of most expensive transfers. Might use that as inspiration later on ;)
  • Wyojasond
    18269 posts World Class
    Can’t stand Guendouzi, so glad he’s not at Arsenal anymore 😂 Never really rated him as much as others as well.

The PL really set itself apart again this summer with its business. Some top top players coming in should make for a very exciting season.
  • Ashy
    20894 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2020
    I'm surprised to see Guendouzi leave, I know he had some beef or something, but thought Arteta might try and get the best of him
    He could have a redemption story on here but in real life I don't think so
    Nice transfer summary and list of most expensive transfers. Might use that as inspiration later on ;)
    No problem, I like how I set it out the clear 20 most expensive, gives a good idea
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    Can’t stand Guendouzi, so glad he’s not at Arsenal anymore 😂 Never really rated him as much as others as well.
    I rated him but his attitude stinks and like other before him the talent will be wasted if he's not careful
    The PL really set itself apart again this summer with its business. Some top top players coming in should make for a very exciting season.
    Yep I think around 13/20 were coming to the PL when I counting earlier