The Football Thread: Champions League Is Back

Comments

• Sercs wrote: »
    Sercs wrote: »
    United fans who think they will win the title are hilarious, just wont happen. OGS has zero clue what hes doing, just 'go out there and play lads', completed a hilarious bottle of the CL, aint gonna have the longevity to win the league :joy:

We won five titles with that sort of mentality... so it kinda works.
    Granted, the foundation for that was a solid defence, but little more than that...

By we are you referring to United?

Nah, Juve. :D
    Orison wrote: »
    United fans who think they will win the title are hilarious, just wont happen. OGS has zero clue what hes doing, just 'go out there and play lads', completed a hilarious bottle of the CL, aint gonna have the longevity to win the league :joy:

We won five titles with that sort of mentality... so it kinda works.
    Granted, the foundation for that was a solid defence, but little more than that...

By we are you referring to United?

Mate if you had Fergie in charge, then I 100% wouldn’t be saying what I’m saying. You have a top quality squad but a manager who isn’t up to the challenge.

You’ll get top 4 playing like that, should be anyway, but winning the title against Pep & Klopp when it’s OGS who is way out of his depth. I’d be ultra ultra surprised.

"We" are Juve, no?

Ah probable, couldn’t make out the photo on my phone. Just zoomed in, defo looks the case!

Again, Juve had some great managers.

I'm just saying, a "go out there and play lads" attitude doesn't mean United won't win. :D
    It can definitely work.

In this season probably more than in any other due to how inconsistent teams are.

Same with Mourinho's underdog tactics working against the other top 6 reasonably well, because they are all dead tired.
  • Tornado31619
    34461 posts National Team Captain
    edited January 2021
    👀
    Edit: wages are a deterrent apparently
  • holdenwait wrote: »
    yikes at comparing Juve vs rest of Serie a during those years vs PL today

This ahahaha
  • Sercs
    22519 posts Club Captain

dTcAHZc.jpg

Feel free to keep it as a quote once you drop points at Burnley and we tank you at Anfield with no recognised CB 😂
  • I don't care about who wins the league between UTD or Liverpool as long as Spurs don't come close.

Although City coming back and decimating the league would be quite funny.
  • Ashy
    23240 posts Club Captain
    I think it's as simple as Liverpool teaching Utd a lesson in a couple of weeks time and they go on a good run afterwards while United lose momentum finally.
  • Pietu
    12666 posts Has That Special Something
    hoban95 wrote: »
    I don't care about who wins the league between UTD or Liverpool as long as Spurs don't come close.

What about Arsenal?
  • LeonidasJB
    22576 posts Club Captain
    I don't care about who wins the league between UTD or Liverpool as long as Spurs don't come close.

Don't want Liverpool, Utd or Spurs.
    But if I had to choose between the 3. Liverpool is the lesser evil, then Spurs, anyone apart from Utd.
    The only team in English Football I would want Utd to beat to the league title is Watford! And if Watford are ever competing for a PL title, then something has gone massively wrong!!
  • Pietu
    LeonidasJB wrote: »

Don't want Liverpool, Utd or Spurs.
    But if I had to choose between the 3. Liverpool is the lesser evil, then Spurs, anyone apart from Utd.
    The only team in English Football I would want Utd to beat to the league title is Watford! And if Watford are ever competing for a PL title, then something has gone massively wrong!!

I like you.
  • Maverick
    10355 posts Has That Special Something
    I think in a season like this it's honestly anyone's game.
  • Pietu wrote: »

What about Arsenal?

What about them?
  • Pietu
    Pietu wrote: »

What about Arsenal?

What about them?

What if they somehow against all odds manage to win?

What about Arsenal?

What about them?

What about Arsenal?

What about them?

Maybe if they had one of the finest pure goalscorers in PL history such as Pukki
  • Tornado31619
    Maverick wrote: »
    I think in a season like this it's honestly anyone's game.

This, just look at the table I posted a page back. Seeing as how everyone’s capable of slip-us, you shouldn’t rule out any of the top eight just yet.
  • Pietu
    holdenwait wrote: »

What about Arsenal?

What about them?

Maybe if they had one of the finest pure goalscorers in PL history such as Pukki

Tbf, he would have more goals than Auba has
  • RealM
    8801 posts League Winner
    Only one man I want to see win the league and that is Jose, so Spurs for me.
  • Idek
    17630 posts World Class
    It's always a close battle between United and Liverpool fans as to who is more unbearable so I hope City win the league
  • Pietu
    Idek wrote: »
    It's always a close battle between United and Liverpool fans as to who is more unbearable so I hope City win the league

United. No doubt
  • Tornado31619

United. No doubt

Well done for proving his point
  • Idek
    17630 posts World Class
    :joy:
  • I do love a good ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off
  • RealM wrote: »
    We’re done.
  • Pietu

United. No doubt

It's just an opinion of this one Finnish person. Or am I that famous that I represent the every Liverpool fan? I'll take it if that's the case.
  • RedArmyDoof
    2802 posts Fans' Favourite

United. No doubt

It's just an opinion of this one Finnish person. Or am I that famous that I represent the every Liverpool fan? I'll take it if that's the case.

You don't have to represent the entire fanbase..
    Just been a fan who's unbearable adds to the tally :D
  • Alemas_2012
    25659 posts Player of the Year
    I'd suggest skipping the Manchester derby tomorrow, it's only the EFL Cup anyway.
    Instead watch Milan-Juve, with Cuadrado out with Covid that'll mean Danilo will have to stop Theo Hernandez. :smile:
  • I'd suggest skipping the Manchester derby tomorrow, it's only the EFL Cup anyway.
    Instead watch Milan-Juve, with Cuadrado out with Covid that'll mean Danilo will have to stop Theo Hernandez. :smile:

Remind me what Cassano said about the game tomorrow @Alemas_2012 :trollface:
  • RealM
    8801 posts League Winner
    RealM wrote: »
    We’re done.

Seeing your praise for Atleti and Simeone, we're even ;)
  • Alemas_2012
    25659 posts Player of the Year
    I'd suggest skipping the Manchester derby tomorrow, it's only the EFL Cup anyway.

Remind me what Cassano said about the game tomorrow Alemas_2012 :trollface:

What did he even say, I don't follow him as he spouts a lot of nonsense most of the time. :D