Comments

• Danic123
    4681 posts National Call-Up
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Set piece goal conceded.

We need a CB

How would a CB stop that goal? :D

Trent tried to clear the ball with his nipple. What’s a CB doing there?

Leading, being vocal, organising? All the things CB’s should do.

Dunno what else Trent could be doing tbf.

Do you genuinely watch the games? From all of your posts on here it seems like you just read Twitter or something.

You’re saying Trent, the player responsible for marking their goalscorer and who misjudged the ball in, couldn’t do anything? The goal didn’t have anything to do with Henderson or Fabinho. You make it sound like CBs are a forcefield and should just never concede or something.

TAA was terrible for it. But the problem started with Hendo bottling it & pulling Gini in close at the line up, as shown by Sky at HT.
  • KingLionel10
    16485 posts World Class
    Loserpool
  • Danic123
    Jordi wrote: »
    We look well drilled here, much sharper than the last few matches. No coincidence that when Ings plays well, everyone does.

Seems like we got rid of the wrong striker when we sold Ings and kept Origi :/

It was mainly Ings’ injury problems that forced our hand. But he looks incredible now, has looked great for the past year or so.

Origi is better than his performances show. If he went to a new club I dare say he’d be looking much better. Consistent game time makes a difference in a player. Origi gave us the Champions League so no regrets with him, but he needs to move on now for sure.
  • Danic123
    Loserpool

Liverfool.
    Shiverpool.

Think they’ve all been done before. Was a regular backpage headline in the 90’s.
  • KingLionel10
    16485 posts World Class
    Danic123 wrote: »
    Loserpool

Liverfool.
    Shiverpool.

Think they’ve all been done before. Was a regular backpage headline in the 90’s.

Little joke for the pool fans in this thread from a forumer that used to post pal, was just trying to get a little nibble from Simon to be fair.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21719 posts Club Captain
    Loserpool

Liverfool.
    Shiverpool.

Little joke for the pool fans in this thread from a forumer that used to post pal, was just trying to get a little nibble from Simon to be fair.

I ❤️❤️❤️❤️ knew it was too.

Those days are behind me. I pretend to be level headed now
  • Tornado31619
    33547 posts National Team Captain
    edited January 2021
    If the top eight win all of their games in hand:

1) United (36)
    2) City (35)
    3) Liverpool (33)
    4) Spurs (32)
    5) Villa (32)
    6) Leicester (32)
    7) Everton (32)
    8) Saints (29)

I’ve probably messed up somewhere, but until the table begins to properly take shape, I don’t think you can rule anyone out. It’s easy to claim that the the bottom half will fall off eventually, but they can still take points from us in the process. From that lot, we’ve beaten Villa, Everton and Saints, lost to Spurs, drawn with City and Leicester and we’ve yet to play Liverpool. That’s not bad at all, just need to make sure that we can beat Arsenal, Chelsea and Palace lol.

EDIT: City and Villa play each other in one of their games in hand whilst City’s other one is against Everton, so I’m already wrong. City probably beat Everton and draw with Villa.
    Post edited by Tornado31619 on
  • Tornado31619
  • LeonidasJB
    22176 posts Club Captain
    The only issue with the Liverpool result is that opens door for Man Utd to go top! Anyone but Utd!!!!!!! Ffs!!
  • Tornado31619
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    The only issue with the Liverpool result is that opens door for Man Utd to go top! Anyone but Utd!!!!!!! Ffs!!

I’ll be sure to remain humble when we win the title :trollface:
  • LeonidasJB
    22176 posts Club Captain

I’ll be sure to remain humble when we win the title :trollface:

I am sure you will.
    Won't matter, I will avoid all social media and MSM for 3 months if it happens!
  • jpsblue
    13060 posts Has That Special Something

Thing is, 4 points separate top from 7th.. City are looking a lot better now, Liverpool and United still have to play each other twice still, it's going to be a bizarre and tight season that's for sure
  • Danic123

Tbf, he’s a right to, it just achieves nothing. Same as when Rafa was right to point it out in 08/09.

The “Pen-andes” for Bruno is a running joke not without merit. From what I can see, United get a lot of contentious decisions in their favour, whilst other clubs don’t seem to get the same decisions.

Tbf, no one should be surprised. The head of the league, Richard Scudamore, called an emergency meeting about how they could deal with the decline of United as he deemed their popularity and under performance was having an adverse effect in business rights for the league. Simply put, viewing figures were down as fair weather United fans abroad didn’t want to watch their team be so rubbish.

Has this meant United get more decisions their way? Hard to say. But it’s strange to think other teams with more average touches in the box than United get less decisions. And not just by a small margin. A massive margin. There’s literally nothing that can explain the anomaly. And so conspiracy theories run wild.
  • Danic123
    jpsblue wrote: »

Thing is, 4 points separate top from 7th.. City are looking a lot better now, Liverpool and United still have to play each other twice still, it's going to be a bizarre and tight season that's for sure

Based on the current squads (LFC without Gomez & VVD) I’d say City have the best squad. Their performance against Chelsea was also the best performance of the season.

I’d say that by some distance they’re the team to beat. We are in a transfer market & so clubs can impact where they finish, but the pandemic means it’s hard to make huge financial decisions.
  • Tornado31619

Tbf, he’s a right to, it just achieves nothing. Same as when Rafa was right to point it out in 08/09.

The “Pen-andes” for Bruno is a running joke not without merit. From what I can see, United get a lot of contentious decisions in their favour, whilst other clubs don’t seem to get the same decisions.

Tbf, no one should be surprised. The head of the league, Richard Scudamore, called an emergency meeting about how they could deal with the decline of United as he deemed their popularity and under performance was having an adverse effect in business rights for the league. Simply put, viewing figures were down as fair weather United fans abroad didn’t want to watch their team be so rubbish.

Has this meant United get more decisions their way? Hard to say. But it’s strange to think other teams with more average touches in the box than United get less decisions. And not just by a small margin. A massive margin. There’s literally nothing that can explain the anomaly. And so conspiracy theories run wild.

Lol if we actually tried to pay the refs they’d back out of the deal because Woodward would refuse to meet their price tag in spite of being only marginally off
  • LeonidasJB
    22176 posts Club Captain
    jpsblue wrote: »

Yeah. Still kind of anyones title still. Just prefer it when Utd aren't part of the equation.
    Last few years have been lovely.
  • LeonidasJB
    22176 posts Club Captain

Remove my contempt for Utd and I would still say the decisions that go their way massively outweigh the other clubs 'luck' with decisions.
  • Danic123

Lol if we actually tried to pay the refs they’d back out of the deal because Woodward would refuse to meet their price tag in spite of being only marginally off

I don’t think anyone at United would be paying anyone. I wouldn’t say it’s gone that deep. Such are the small margins in deciding a close decision it could be anything.
  • RealM
    8687 posts League Winner
    At least we got to see Thiago pass the ball some more last night.
  • Tornado31619
    RealM wrote: »

He’s the best passer I’ve ever seen

/s
  • Sercs
    22448 posts Club Captain
    Every game will be tight when we have zero fit central defenders, our best holding mid is at CB and we're just getting our midfield back to full fitness.

We have to buy, else the title will be ridiculously close. Buy well and we'll be quietly confident of winning it back to back.

Henderson style isnt suited to CB, he was so aggressive, and we were so open.
  • Sercs
    22448 posts Club Captain
    United fans who think they will win the title are hilarious, just wont happen. OGS has zero clue what hes doing, just 'go out there and play lads', completed a hilarious bottle of the CL, aint gonna have the longevity to win the league :joy:
  • Alemas_2012
    25143 posts Player of the Year
    edited January 2021
    Sercs wrote: »
    United fans who think they will win the title are hilarious, just wont happen. OGS has zero clue what hes doing, just 'go out there and play lads', completed a hilarious bottle of the CL, aint gonna have the longevity to win the league :joy:

We won five titles with that sort of mentality... so it kinda works.
    Granted, the foundation for that was a solid defence, but little more than that...
  • Pietu
    12436 posts Has That Special Something
    RealM wrote: »

He’s the best passer I’ve ever seen

/s

This isn’t Reddit
  • Sercs
    22448 posts Club Captain

Granted, the foundation for that was a solid defence, but little more than that...

By we are you referring to United?

Mate if you had Fergie in charge, then I 100% wouldn’t be saying what I’m saying. You have a top quality squad but a manager who isn’t up to the challenge.

You’ll get top 4 playing like that, should be anyway, but winning the title against Pep & Klopp when it’s OGS who is way out of his depth. I’d be ultra ultra surprised.
  • Sercs wrote: »

Mate if you had Fergie in charge, then I 100% wouldn’t be saying what I’m saying. You have a top quality squad but a manager who isn’t up to the challenge.

You’ll get top 4 playing like that, should be anyway, but winning the title against Pep & Klopp when it’s OGS who is way out of his depth. I’d be ultra ultra surprised.

"We" are Juve, no?
  • Sercs
    22448 posts Club Captain
    Orison wrote: »

"We" are Juve, no?

Ah probable, couldn’t make out the photo on my phone. Just zoomed in, defo looks the case!

Again, Juve had some great managers.
  • Tornado31619

dTcAHZc.jpg
  • Alemas_2012
    25143 posts Player of the Year

Nah, Juve. :D
    Orison wrote: »

"We" are Juve, no?

Ah probable, couldn’t make out the photo on my phone. Just zoomed in, defo looks the case!

Again, Juve had some great managers.

I'm just saying, a "go out there and play lads" attitude doesn't mean United won't win. :D
    It can definitely work.
  • yikes at comparing Juve vs rest of Serie a during those years vs PL today