Key dates for Fifa 21

Ashy
20993 posts Club Captain
September 30th - Predicted date web app goes live, a day before EA play

October 1st - EA play 10 hour begins

October 6th - 3 day early access begins for Ultimate/Champions edition buyers

October 9th - Full release

When do you think the first squad update will be with the transfer window shutting on the 5th, will EA be fast and get the latest transfers in for us early access buyers or will they just aim to get it done Thursday evening before full release?

Comments

• MUFC_420
    2924 posts Fans' Favourite
    The fact they removed one of the key dates being the demo is making me stay well clear until at least the PS5.

If EA aren't confident to let us try the game then I'm not confident enough to buy it. Not that I really ever am anyway 🤣

If the reviews are good on PS5 I will get it, if not it's fine there's plenty of new gen games coming soon.
  • DasPonyboy
    862 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2020
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    The fact they removed one of the key dates being the demo is making me stay well clear until at least the PS5.

If EA aren't confident to let us try the game then I'm not confident enough to buy it. Not that I really ever am anyway 🤣

If the reviews are good on PS5 I will get it, if not it's fine there's plenty of new gen games coming soon.

Been in Fifa shutdown mode for a few weeks, is there really no demo? 😳

Edit: just saw its true. Dannnnng that’s the equivalent of a movie studio not letting critics pre-screen bc they know the reviews will be god awful
  • GeorgeGervin
    3273 posts National Call-Up
    Ashy wrote: »

When do you think the first squad update will be with the transfer window shutting on the 5th, will EA be fast and get the latest transfers in for us early access buyers or will they just aim to get it done Thursday evening before full release?

Is EA Play just EA Access or a whole new thing?
  • Moose Factory
    6210 posts Big Money Move

Is EA Play just EA Access or a whole new thing?

Yeah a rename essentially.
  • DannySTFC
    9668 posts League Winner
    If EA Play is available 6pm on the 1st as predicated, does that mean that’s when the game is available to download? There’s no preloading with EA Play? I did it last year as well but I can’t remember.
  • SR8
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2020
    Also
    October 1st - EA Play Pro full release (EA Play Pro is PC only)

• truegunn3r
    13037 posts World Class
    edited September 2020
    30th September also is a Wednesday which is likely when TOTW1 get released. This means good performances this coming weekend have a shot at TOTW1.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    1092 posts Professional
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    If EA Play is available 6pm on the 1st as predicated, does that mean that’s when the game is available to download? There’s no preloading with EA Play? I did it last year as well but I can’t remember.

EA play pro on pc has 28th as the download date.
  • Dannyh328
    963 posts Professional
    The demo is never like the actual thing so it is pretty pointless their allways 2 different games
  • shepj6
    1689 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2020
    Don’t understand the frustration with no demo, it’s always felt a completely different game to what we play in online modes in fut. if people want to try before they buy then take out a 1 month ea play sub for 3.99 and try the whole game for 10 hours rather just a kick off game in a demo.
  • Fadazzo
    605 posts An Exciting Prospect
    shepj6 wrote: »
    Don’t understand the frustration with no demo, it’s always felt a completely different game to what we play in online modes in fut. if people want to try before they buy then take out a 1 month ea play sub for 3.99 and try the whole game for 10 hours rather just a kick off game in a demo.

It's not about the demo itself, but more what it represents. I can't think of a single positive thing about a developer not releasing a test run after doing so for the past decade.

Something is inherently wrong with the game if they are afraid to release a pre-built for people to mess around with.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    1092 posts Professional
    Fadazzo wrote: »

It's not about the demo itself, but more what it represents. I can't think of a single positive thing about a developer not releasing a test run after doing so for the past decade.

Something is inherently wrong with the game if they are afraid to release a pre-built for people to mess around with.

They did a test run, they ran the beta.
  • Fadazzo
    605 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I played that closed beta. It was a build so old, the bug where players look towards the corner they will shoot a penalty was in it.
  • Mc_chigby
    1374 posts Professional

Won't know until full release if no demo means games a mess. The timing of the tweet (last night) suggests that they may have been working on a demo to release but ran out of time and decided to ditch it. We know Microsoft and Sony have deadlines for content to be added to their store, which is Monday evening.

I'm not saying it isn't lazy or a bad omen, but we can't jump to the conclusion, no demo means the game is going to have major issues. Yes EA have a track record of releasing broken items at the start of every game and patching like crazy. But I would prefer to be optimistic and wrong than be a pessimist and right!
  • Ashy
    20993 posts Club Captain
    Mc_chigby wrote: »

Won't know until full release if no demo means games a mess. The timing of the tweet (last night) suggests that they may have been working on a demo to release but ran out of time and decided to ditch it. We know Microsoft and Sony have deadlines for content to be added to their store, which is Monday evening.

I'm not saying it isn't lazy or a bad omen, but we can't jump to the conclusion, no demo means the game is going to have major issues. Yes EA have a track record of releasing broken items at the start of every game and patching like crazy. But I would prefer to be optimistic and wrong than be a pessimist and right!

The demo is usually a build from like June or something, that is prepared well in advance
  • Mc_chigby
    1374 posts Professional
    Mc_chigby wrote: »

The demo is usually a build from like June or something, that is prepared well in advance

True the actual gameplay is old, but they still need to package the demo up and for it to pass Microsoft and Sony's system before being added to the store. Yes the menu system etc should be an easy copy and paste job, but it still needs to be done
  • Hugoku
    1438 posts Professional
    edited September 2020
    I'll get on that 10 hour trial action.

Wonder if I will I get the "awesome" FUT 21 rewards I collected, or if I'll need to buy the game.
  • MUFC_420
    2924 posts Fans' Favourite
    DasPonyboy wrote: »
    MUFC_420 wrote: »

Been in Fifa shutdown mode for a few weeks, is there really no demo? 😳

Edit: just saw its true. Dannnnng that’s the equivalent of a movie studio not letting critics pre-screen bc they know the reviews will be god awful

Exactly 🤣
  • You forgot the date it usually dies...

You know, on the first update 😂😂
  • Tennster10
    2645 posts Fans' Favourite
    Its just a tweak from pass fifa. Recycle again and again.
    This year add header back in etc.
    from looking at the game play from various youtuber it look exactly the same. lol i am sure the feel will be some different when you play it.
  • DannySTFC
    9668 posts League Winner
    Tennster10 wrote: »
    Its just a tweak from pass fifa. Recycle again and again.
    This year add header back in etc.
    from looking at the game play from various youtuber it look exactly the same. lol i am sure the feel will be some different when you play it.

To be fair football is football, how much can they actually change how the game works? Other then fixing things like tackling being broken, the game is always going to feel fairly similar. It’s not like Call of Duty or something where you can change maps, kill streaks, guns, perks etc, football is just football.
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    thanks bro
  • tzinc
    3246 posts National Call-Up
    its pretty much the same game every year at least PES was honest enough to admit it this year lol tweak play a little bit (headers work now) reskin everything and there you go