How many objectives players have actually been worth getting?

spy
1483 posts Play-Off Hero
I’ve spent a lot of time in FUT this year doing objectives so thought I would look at the players that I still had and how much I had actually used them. I have listed below all of those I still have since TOTS started and that I haven’t used in SBCs and the number of games they have played. To be honest other than Reguilon (201 games) and Mendy (182) who replaced him as my first choice left back most of the others probably weren’t really worth the grind. Umttiti (140) was my first choice centre back for a few weeks but other than that there are only a handful I have used for objectives and Most of the others have barely played! I expect the ones I put in SBCs were used even less too!

Kane 6
Sane 11
Ibrahimovich 30
Werner 4
Kessie 7
Kubo 36
Bruno Fernandes (94) 39
Gueye 16
Mendy (93) 182
Pope 20
Coman 5
Semedo 15
Fati 3
Reguilon 201
Sabitzer 4
Fuenzadila 3
Mbabu 77
Roussilon 54
Matuidi 33
Martial 4
Bailly 13
Jimenez 103
Matthieu 2
Martinez 6
James (91) 13
Laporte 83
Umttiti 140
Morales 4
Ayoze Perez 13
Mariano 40

Does anyone else have objective players that they have made a lot more use of?

Comments

• GULAG
    702 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 17
    I've kept Pope, Ibrah, Mendy, Bruno, Mbabu, Semedo and Werner ... prob afew more I wish I had kept but all the rest went into SBCs.

Edit and Harry Kane, keeping him for my ENG team.
  • Lackosweat
    7548 posts League Winner
    89 Mendy has the best value for time / effort. 93 Mendy is not that much better than the 89 tbh.

Ibra is a close second.
  • EekAlaska
    2318 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ibra for sure. I still have a ton of them too. I'm going to continue playing FUT20 for months longer, so I will get lots of use out of the ones I have left.
  • ozcs_69
    4040 posts National Call-Up
    only semedo and mendy are in the end game squads these days...
  • spy
    1483 posts Play-Off Hero
    Maybe I should stick some of them into the 94+ SBC but the result will almost certainly be worse than what I put in. I am not keen on sacrificing players I can’t get back even though I will probably never play them lol
  • aladdin
    1846 posts Play-Off Hero
    mendy is still in my team. storyline can too. he is quality
  • SuperKMx
    2647 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fred fit into my main team at the time. Ayoze Perez got 30 or so matches. Pope would have been my boy, but I packed TOTSSF Alisson a couple of days after completing him. Kubo, Maeda, Tomiyasu, Yamaguchi and Shoji were mainstays in my Japanese team.

Other than that, I can't say I was particularly drawn to using any of them for more than a handful of games.
  • ContraCode64
    2604 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mendy, Umtiti and the original RTTF Mbabu were the only ones that saw any meaningful game time forme. The rest either got used a couple of times for other objectives or were binned off into SBCs.

Not really worth the grind in a majority of cases.
  • McFandan
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 17
    Bayern Sane and 93 Mendy in my first 11. SBC Meunier replaced Mbabu at RB but I actually think Mbabu is better.

94 Bruno, Coman, James and Rousillon in my fitness squad.

Recent Kane and Werner but don’t use them just really did them for the packs and xp.

Still have Kessie, Ibra, Pope, Semedo and Kubo for any objectives that need players from leagues not in my main two squads.

And a special mention for Fuenzalida who was amazing for me for ages and I can’t come to terms with throwing him into an SBC 🤣
  • I’ve done every single objective player all year and I’ve not got one to show for it as their genuinely just fodder for me but I can see how most of them are useable
  • spy
    1483 posts Play-Off Hero
    To be fair there were some earlier in the season that were useful. Carasco was in my first team for a long time and the likes of Politano, Bellerabi, Bakayoko, Aouar, Dzecko, FS James and FS Oshimen were all extremely useful for the FO icon swap objectives.
  • DannySTFC
    4475 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 17
    Mbabu, 1452 games, wouldn’t have swapped him for any other right back on the game when I was still playing.

In general, I’ve loved having plenty of objective players to play for. The amount of appearances they’ve made might not be substantial, but it gives me a reason to play the game outside of WL, and helps with SBCs. I would have been a lot, lot less engaged with this edition of Fifa without so many objective players. I literally would have played WL and that’s it.
  • JohnDoe
    12147 posts Has That Special Something
    93 Mendy is absolutely amazing, having tried every single top LB I fully believe he’s a whole tier above everyone else. He can defend at least as well as any other LB and he’s the best fullback at going forward. His versatility is something else.

I also find SH Semedo to be an outstanding RB, definitely top 3 at his position. If he were as good as Mendy going forward I’d definitely have him as the best RB in the game.
  • EisenErmin
    9397 posts League Winner
    I liked:

Ibra
    Mendy
    Kessie
    Mbabu
    Draxler
    Iniesta

Semedo went straight into an SBC. I cannot stand this overrated clown.
  • PiotrLolo
    2266 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have fond memories of the players acquired in the beginning of my FIFA 20 journey.

NICOLáS TAGLIAFICO - TOTT

He was out when I bought the game. My first objective player I completed. He was playing with only 5 chemistry but for a very long time he was my best LB. 218 games.

MARC BARTRA - SHAPESHIFTERS

287 games. Played as CDM.

KARIM BELLARABI - FUT BIRTHDAY

206 games.
  • RexAnglo1066
    3324 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 17
    Still have the Sanchez card, Pope, James, and Masuaka.

Had the FS James but chucked him into something when the higher rated James came along.

Suddenly realised I haven't even turned Fifa on for nearly a fortnight.
  • Mogga
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have used quite a few but the relentless pace at what promos are released renders most useless within a few weeks.

Far too many promos imo, like way too many. Just half them and be a bit more inventive with the objectives so those with no lives don't complete them in a few hours by cheating.
  • Wayno69
    1422 posts Professional
    Still in my team -

Ribery
    Dembele
    Mendy
    Lenglet
    Pogba

Notable mentions -

Ibra - over 400 games before they nerfed him.
    Sissoko
    Vinicius J
    Sane is pretty good.
  • spy
    1483 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wayno69 wrote: »
    Still in my team -

Ribery
    Dembele
    Mendy
    Lenglet
    Pogba

Notable mentions -

Sissoko
    Vinicius J
    Sane is pretty good.

Most of those are SBC cards rather than objectives. I think the only objectives ones are Mendy, Ibra and Sane!
  • Wayno69
    1422 posts Professional
    spy wrote: »
    Still in my team -

Ribery
    Dembele
    Mendy
    Lenglet
    Pogba

Notable mentions -

Sissoko
    Vinicius J
    Sane is pretty good.

Most of those are SBC cards rather than objectives. I think the only objectives ones are Mendy, Ibra and Sane!

My bad bro if just obj cards then def Zlatan!!
  • garmak
    264 posts Sunday League Hero
    FS James was excellent. Long gone of course. Still have Mendy. If we count swaps, I'm still using PIM Puyol, mostly for chem, and he does the job.
  • JohnDoe
    Still in my team -

Ribery
    Dembele
    Mendy
    Lenglet
    Pogba

Notable mentions -

Sissoko
    Vinicius J
    Sane is pretty good.

Ibra was the best card in the game before he was nerfed. Our EA overlords knew he was too powerful. I once managed to score 2 bycicle kicks from the halfway line in the same match with Ibra and I was trying to do a simple, short pass. Pre-nerf Ibra didn't care, though, he took the shots anyway. One of them even ripped through the net and took out a spectator. I had no clue that animation was in the game. In this other match, he grew a second, smaller head from his back and scored a hatty of headers with that small head. Had Messi's face on it, though, so maybe it was a normal-sized head but it looked very small on Ibra's pre-nerf 7'15 lean+stocky body.

But then they nerfed that card and now he misses everything. Shoot from two yards out and the ball goes backwards. Every single time. It's physically impossible to score with him now. He's also very short now and it bothers me a fair bit. Oh, well.
  • Wayno69
    1422 posts Professional
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Still in my team -

Ribery
    Dembele
    Mendy
    Lenglet
    Pogba

Notable mentions -

Sissoko
    Vinicius J
    Sane is pretty good.

Ibra was the best card in the game before he was nerfed. Our EA overlords knew he was too powerful. I once managed to score 2 bycicle kicks from the halfway line in the same match with Ibra and I was trying to do a simple, short pass. Pre-nerf Ibra didn't care, though, he took the shots anyway. One of them even ripped through the net and took out a spectator. I had no clue that animation was in the game. In this other match, he grew a second, smaller head from his back and scored a hatty of headers with that small head. Had Messi's face on it, though, so maybe it was a normal-sized head but it looked very small on Ibra's pre-nerf 7'15 lean+stocky body.

But then they nerfed that card and now he misses everything. Shoot from two yards out and the ball goes backwards. Every single time. It's physically impossible to score with him now. He's also very short now and it bothers me a fair bit. Oh, well.

You wasting your time playing this game mate, go write a book.
  • Maaax354
    68 posts Park Captain
    Played around 250 games with FB Bellarabi until TOTSSF. Underrated card!
  • JohnDoe
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Still in my team -

Ribery
    Dembele
    Mendy
    Lenglet
    Pogba

Notable mentions -

Sissoko
    Vinicius J
    Sane is pretty good.

You wasting your time playing this game mate, go write a book.

🙏
  • Miigue
    421 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mendy
  • Finesse_4days
    10750 posts Has That Special Something
    Mendy, Douglas Costa, Europa live Mbabu are the only ones for me.
    El Shaarawy was very fun back in February, but was only a sub for me.
    I would have loved a 5*5' El sha from SH more than anything.
  • tzinc
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    D Costa is good SH Kubo SH Semedo were good wish I had given more SH's a try but fodder for Icons... against me SH Fernandes is a God and SL Morales is pretty good

IBRA will always be on my second team he is a good scorer for me best I had before PIM Dalglish came along...
  • Fotbal_love_12
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    spy wrote: »
    I’ve spent a lot of time in FUT this year doing objectives so thought I would look at the players that I still had and how much I had actually used them. I have listed below all of those I still have since TOTS started and that I haven’t used in SBCs and the number of games they have played. To be honest other than Reguilon (201 games) and Mendy (182) who replaced him as my first choice left back most of the others probably weren’t really worth the grind. Umttiti (140) was my first choice centre back for a few weeks but other than that there are only a handful I have used for objectives and Most of the others have barely played! I expect the ones I put in SBCs were used even less too!

Kane 6
    Sane 11
    Ibrahimovich 30
    Werner 4
    Kessie 7
    Kubo 36
    Bruno Fernandes (94) 39
    Gueye 16
    Mendy (93) 182
    Pope 20
    Coman 5
    Semedo 15
    Fati 3
    Reguilon 201
    Sabitzer 4
    Fuenzadila 3
    Mbabu 77
    Roussilon 54
    Matuidi 33
    Martial 4
    Bailly 13
    Jimenez 103
    Matthieu 2
    Martinez 6
    James (91) 13
    Laporte 83
    Umttiti 140
    Morales 4
    Ayoze Perez 13
    Mariano 40

Does anyone else have objective players that they have made a lot more use of?

Emre can , mendy, sane, Werner, matthieu,bailly,mbabu, fati
  • Fotbal_love_12
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Matuidi