Fifa Gameplay vs PES Gameplay

TeamExtreme17
3260 posts National Call-Up
edited September 16
Not starting a war, dont want arguements, just want to know your pro/cons of Fifa's gameplay and the pro/cons of PES' gameplay?

Im just playing PES 2021 and i love how your defence drop deep and move away from the ball (essentially running away from the ball) to get into position when you lose the ball. This is super realistic and allows you to take a defensive shape thus very few one on ones so you have to actually take time to break the defense down. In Fifa they just press and i think thats why the pitch feels so small and the game feels so quick. Its just win the ball, attack, lose the ball, press, press, press. Fifa has recently added custom tactics but PES has had them for years so thats why i think its ahead in this area..

I also like how when you are fouled in PES they fall realistically, in Fifa they fall in the complete opposite direction to where they were fouled as if momentum/inertia/gravity dont exist..

For me:

PES Pros: Pace, Tactics/A.I Intelligence, Collision System.

PES Cons: Robotic/Less Smooth Animations, Referees/Foul System.

Fifa's Pros: Animations

Fifa's Cons: Fast paced, Lack Of A.I Intelligence, Impact Engine, Defending is non-existent.
Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on

Comments

• TM1982
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’ve managed to play a bit of PES 2021 today. It is improving year on year. Really don’t like the standing tackle on PES though. Definitely agree with you on the animations. PES is years behind I feel.

Having played the FIFA Beta, the collision/impact engine is much better this year and the gameplay has really improved imo. I think they’ve worked on the majority of your cons.
  • TeamExtreme17
    TM1982 wrote: »
    I’ve managed to play a bit of PES 2021 today. It is improving year on year. Really don’t like the standing tackle on PES though. Definitely agree with you on the animations. PES is years behind I feel.

Having played the FIFA Beta, the collision/impact engine is much better this year and the gameplay has really improved imo. I think they’ve worked on the majority of your cons.

Yeah that baffles me.. Double tapping a button for an input you need immediately!? I wonder if you can remap the tackle button? Hopefully the Fifa Demo is out next week so i can compare with the Beta.

Next-Gen is where the focus should be from now on though..
  • TM1982
    Yeah. I can’t see anything changing for next gen until fifa 22. Apart from maybe a few textures and the ray tracing.
  • TeamExtreme17
    Yeah. I can’t see anything changing for next gen until fifa 22. Apart from maybe a few textures and the ray tracing.

Aslong as they actually apply Anti-Aliasing 😭
  • SBaggio59
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think Konami did well to release an update for PES 21; so that they can fully concentrate on the PES 22 next gen project; see if this strategy will bear fruit ...
  • TM1982
    SBaggio59 wrote: »
    I think Konami did well to release an update for PES 21; so that they can fully concentrate on the PES 22 next gen project; see if this strategy will bear fruit ...

Yeah definitely! And at only £20 it’s a no brainier and will keep me going until Fifa is released in a few weeks.
  • MikeM24
    52 posts Park Captain
    FIFA 21 looks ridiculously fast and direct from the videos I've seen. Way more like an arcade game.
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited September 20
    MikeM24 wrote: »
    FIFA 21 looks ridiculously fast and direct from the videos I've seen. Way more like an arcade game.

That's because it's always set to Normal game speed, i set it to Slow for Career Mode..
  • Master110
    1064 posts Professional

Even then it will be same gameplay with a new engine and better graphics