Rivals is soul destroying!!

DicaniosGod
5605 posts Big Money Move
Trying to do the Werner objective ffs!! Every game is just mega try hard after try hard!!! Tedious game mode

Comments

• aladdin
    1846 posts Play-Off Hero
    what division are you in?
  • Pieman25
    17322 posts World Class
    I don't get the problem on them being a tryhard, are you not trying?
  • Gazmac_868
    290 posts Sunday League Hero
    Rivals has been ruined this year by the self relegating which EA are happy enough with. Wouldn't worry about it mate your best just forgetting about the game until the new one is out. Let's hope next year rivals is better though with EA I would doubt it
  • keith210277
    1407 posts Play-Off Hero
    Agreed the self relegating is out of control. I'm in division 8 and lose more games than I win, yet in WL I finish either G2 or G3.
  • JPRM71
    3365 posts National Call-Up
    Should’ve done him at the weekend when all the try hards were in WL
  • Hugoku
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 15
    Trying to do the Werner objective ffs!! Every game is just mega try hard after try hard!!! Tedious game mode

What do you expect exactly?
    I know losing sucks, but losing is part of the game.

Or are you being thrashed by relegators?
  • tommyboyo
    1850 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think 'try hards' gets misused in the general frustration of toxicity (replays/cut-scenes/pausing etc), self-relegating and mechanics abuse.

Surely most everyone is trying to win?

It's just how one goes about it that is the issue.
  • McFandan
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It’s a shambles the now with everyone trying to do the Gold objectives + Werner at the same time.

Teams are all 70 chem at kickoff then it’s straight away subs to get a finesse goal with a prem player followed by more subs to bring on Kroos as a ST to assist a Serie A player then get 2 or 3 himself 🤣🤣

In fairness I could not be arsed with all these different objectives but since pulling Vardy from the 94+ it’s been a piece of ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
    One more German goal and one more win/finesse/prem and it’s all over til Friday
  • tzinc
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    (a) try hards KEEP scoring on you after they have a 3 goal plus lead and/or (b) try hards keeping the ball away from you after a 1 or 2 goal lead
  • Amdp9
    5179 posts Big Money Move
    I finished mine in less than two hours honestly DIV -5
  • Staxdoobie
    2083 posts Fans' Favourite
    Rivals hasn’t been too bad for me lately, but tonight was an absolute horrorshow. Delay was more noticeable than it’s ever been, gameplay felt terrible, and I lost 7 games straight before finally getting a win and switching off in relief. Actually 7 games, not 3 or 4 exaggerated to 7!

My gameplay felt so bad I honestly couldn’t tell you if I was losing to relegators or not. Some of them weren’t great, I could tell that much. But they were still beating me. It really is a horrible experience sometimes, Fifa. Not anything like playing a game should be.
  • GK93
    891 posts Professional
    tzinc wrote: »
    (a) try hards KEEP scoring on you after they have a 3 goal plus lead and/or (b) try hards keeping the ball away from you after a 1 or 2 goal lead

So at 3 goals up they should pass the ball around the back? Or would they then be try hards because they're just playing keep ball? Sounds to me like you just expect people to play a way that suits you otherwise they're tryhards
  • rezyy
    456 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah always do them first day they come out way easier
  • Does anyone have any tips? I really want to do the last trophy on this game what I absolute hate but I just can not get to division 4 on rivals. The highest I've managed is divison 6 but I constantly get done by pirhouettes and drag backs and find passing on the game to be an absolute nightmare. I've been trying since last September and had all of the other trophies done by early October - so the smart money would be on giving up - yet I feel theres something I'm missing given that many people seem to do ok on this game....
  • ErikTheBlue
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Lufc1982 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any tips? I really want to do the last trophy on this game what I absolute hate but I just can not get to division 4 on rivals. The highest I've managed is divison 6 but I constantly get done by pirhouettes and drag backs and find passing on the game to be an absolute nightmare. I've been trying since last September and had all of the other trophies done by early October - so the smart money would be on giving up - yet I feel theres something I'm missing given that many people seem to do ok on this game....

Tips? Wait 2 weeks for all these tiny little pygmy penised t**ts to **** off to 21
  • tzinc wrote: »

Ok so if people can't do a or b what can they do according to your rules?
  • keith210277
    1407 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 16

In fifa a three goal lead is anything, but game over which is why I and many others keep trying to score more goals. I've come back from 3-0 down numerous times and also lost numerous games when I've been 3-0 up.
  • Rich
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    Guy trying hard to win games complains about other guys trying hard to win games. Fifa 😂
  • Mogga
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    I used to find it really easy to do objectives either saturday or sunday morning. Even that time of the week seems infinitely harder these days. Played far too many games at the weekend and still never finished werner. Think I still need 1 win and 2 or 3 german goals or something. Even when I win, I was having to sub off my PL strikers for CR7 / Messi etc just to beat them into submission
  • Gromit
    4842 posts National Call-Up

WTF does that even mean?

I play the game to win and in this game that often means you have to score 5+ to win. I've come from 4-1 down to win 6-5.

At this point most people have a 94+ rated team, there are very few easy games. You just have to get on with it or quit.
  • BadSeedsFC
    1534 posts Play-Off Hero
    why-do-i-keep-doing-this-to-myself.jpg
  • DicaniosGod
    5605 posts Big Money Move
    Tbh the gameplay was horrible yesterday and that didn’t help, but plenty of relegators
  • Professor
    2734 posts Fans' Favourite
    I never understood people who expect anything less then a tryhard. At least me I alwasy play to win and play the exact same way.
  • Hugoku
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Professor wrote: »
    I never understood people who expect anything less then a tryhard. At least me I alwasy play to win and play the exact same way.
    That's the best way to go about it. Used to go easy when doing stuff like goal objectives, and got nowhere.
  • Staxdoobie
    Tbh the gameplay was horrible yesterday and that didn’t help, but plenty of relegators

Yes, I had a hellish run of results last night, but tonight has been much more successful. Is Tuesday the day when relegators head back up the divisions, so they’re in the right division for the next week’s rewards? So you’re effectively catching them on the way back up? Would make a lot of sense.
  • spy
    1483 posts Play-Off Hero
    Staxdoobie wrote: »

Yes, I had a hellish run of results last night, but tonight has been much more successful. Is Tuesday the day when relegators head back up the divisions, so they’re in the right division for the next week’s rewards? So you’re effectively catching them on the way back up? Would make a lot of sense.

It’s so weird how this happens. Only played a couple of games yesterday to finish Werner which were fine but Monday I had an absolute nightmare and couldn’t win for toffee.

Today though was fantastic. I did this weeks gold objectives in four rivals games only losing one and playing pretty well getting promoted to division 6. Was only 1.5K short of rank 1 so thought I would play a few more games and ended in playing 3 games with my Bundesliga team winning 9-3, 7-3 (RQ) and 8-2 and had great fun. Decided to spend most of my remaining coins on TOTS Lewandowski last week and it was the first real run I’ve had with him and he was phenomenal 🙂
  • GULAG
    702 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 17
    I didn't play for about 5days, been to busy levelling up my battle passes for other games like Warzone and Apex but I played afew games today to complete the Werner objective .. the games full of miserable losers that have big issues in life ... nearly October and 9/10 players still watch replays. Send messages and all that crap, I find it hilarious but at the same time quite sad and also frustrating becuse gaming is for fun and these losers take 90% of the fun away.
  • Trobos_Locos
    1480 posts Play-Off Hero
    Everybody is in love with the idea of the game but everybody hates the game play (Or for moments)
  • tommyboyo
    1850 posts Play-Off Hero
    Everybody is in love with the idea of the game but everybody hates the game play (Or for moments)

So true.

The idea of the game in my mind is so much greater than what actually turns up on my screen!!
  • Staxdoobie

As good a summation of this game as I’ve seen. This is what makes me turn the game on every day and then within 10 minutes wonder why I bothered.