Some Simple Fixes For FIFA your thoughts?

tzinc
2306 posts Fans' Favourite
Yeah this won't make EA money so I know they probably won't do this but other than eliminating real money purchases (except for aesthetic items) or dumping lootboxes here are some simple things they could do:

1Share All Licenses with PES (sure PES gets Premier League etc) but we'd get Juve Boca River Roma etc.

2Put in creator so we can make any uniforms we like - this is fun and if they don't do 1 at least we could have some sort of closer unis for the missing teams.

3Make weight better just a little better

4Trim grinding time

5Make games 4 minutes

6Let us use icons in other modes PLEASE!!!

Comments

• dieiscast
    368 posts Sunday League Hero
    Remove duplicates
  • tzinc
    dieiscast wrote: »
    Remove duplicates

omg YES I forgot that one PES removes dumplicates I am sure FIFA could too
  • Pieman25
    17323 posts World Class
    Ngl I feel these suggestions might not appeal to the general audience. In fact they most like only matter to 1 person so I can't see EA taking it forwards.
  • GK93
    891 posts Professional
    Heard a rumour they're bringing in a duplicate storage thing next year, think it was on YouTube, would be nice to see
  • Gromit
    4842 posts National Call-Up
    Honestly what the game needs above everything else is more depth. After the initial first 3 or 4 weeks it just descends down this elite route where its just about stacked teams and 90+ stats.

Its a terrible model, it simply doesn't work. What is the point in rendering thousands of cards obsolete?

Point in case, I'm on 20 now, like everyone I have a stacked 95 rated team. So where do I go now?

The only players that improve my team are players I simply cannot afford, top tier icons and top 98+ TOTS attackers.

Theres no point buying lesser players, and building a team with those because your opponents teams are so stacked that its so hard to compete.

The game model just pushes you into a corner, eliminates the vast majority of the game and your team building options.

These kids love these boosted cards but man, its just so bad.

The game is just so limited, why on earth can they not introduce more tiers to the game so you can build a Super Lig, Liga Nos, Eredivisie, SPL, RPL, EFL team etc and actually use them without facing a 95 rated TOTSF , Summer Heat , Icon team that you can't compete with.

❤️❤️❤️❤️ all these pathetic superfluous additions lets get back to making it a football game that actually caters for the many licenced leagues it pays for.
  • Hannayiom
    220 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Gromit wrote: »
    Honestly what the game needs above everything else is more depth. After the initial first 3 or 4 weeks it just descends down this elite route where its just about stacked teams and 90+ stats.

Its a terrible model, it simply doesn't work. What is the point in rendering thousands of cards obsolete?

Point in case, I'm on 20 now, like everyone I have a stacked 95 rated team. So where do I go now?

The only players that improve my team are players I simply cannot afford, top tier icons and top 98+ TOTS attackers.

Theres no point buying lesser players, and building a team with those because your opponents teams are so stacked that its so hard to compete.

The game model just pushes you into a corner, eliminates the vast majority of the game and your team building options.

These kids love these boosted cards but man, its just so bad.

The game is just so limited, why on earth can they not introduce more tiers to the game so you can build a Super Lig, Liga Nos, Eredivisie, SPL, RPL, EFL team etc and actually use them without facing a 95 rated TOTSF , Summer Heat , Icon team that you can't compete with.

❤️❤️❤️❤️ all these pathetic superfluous additions lets get back to making it a football game that actually caters for the many licenced leagues it pays for.

Bang on.
  • Headshrinker363
    5870 posts Big Money Move
    Hire more hamsters.
  • tzinc
    I know in 19 in the first few days people had COMPLETE ICON TEAMS lol
  • Gromit
    tzinc wrote: »

Which is perfectly fine, if they provide some sort of tier system.

I'm not anti special card or high rated teams. I just think its criminal we have bronzes, silvers, lower rated golds, weaker leagues that are totally wasted on a platform that caters almost solely on high rated, or expensive OP meta cards.

Bronze and Silver friendlies just isn't good enough.
  • Thunder001
    758 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 16

I'm not anti special card or high rated teams. I just think its criminal we have bronzes, silvers, lower rated golds, weaker leagues that are totally wasted on a platform that caters almost solely on high rated, or expensive OP meta cards.

EA originally did themed WLs, but everyone moaned that they spent all year building their main team and then couldn't use it, so EA gave the customers what they wanted and removed the themed WLs.
  • Gromit
    Thunder001 wrote: »

EA originally did themed WLs, but everyone moaned that they spent all year building their main team and then couldn't use it, so EA gave the customers what they wanted and removed the themed WLs.

Yeah I know, but that was a lame idea too. Why waste coins building a team you use for a weekend?

They need to implement it in a more permanent way like what we had with Cups.
  • Ishibum
    14683 posts World Class
    Yeah this won't make EA money so I know they probably won't do this but other than eliminating real money purchases (except for aesthetic items) or dumping lootboxes here are some simple things they could do:

1Share All Licenses with PES (sure PES gets Premier League etc) but we'd get Juve Boca River Roma etc.

2Put in creator so we can make any uniforms we like - this is fun and if they don't do 1 at least we could have some sort of closer unis for the missing teams.

4Trim grinding time

5Make games 4 minutes

1: that's not how business works

2: wouldn't be surprised if they went down this awful path

3: didn't play world cup mode, I take it?

4: see answer 3

5: that's actually stupid

6: I'll give you that one.

• tzinc
    Ishibum wrote: »

4Trim grinding time

5Make games 4 minutes

It actually is there have been times when games shared licenses in fact MLB will be on XBOX for the first time this year. This has happened before and is happening again so you are FLAT OUT WRONG.

This is a feature many people love. How is awful if you don't like it don't use it. But don't worry they won't do it because they are too lazy and greedy. Too much time is required to program this vs creating more packs etc. Plus they love removing features.

World Cup Mode is always brought up. But that is one approach this can be done in different ways. World Cup Mode has a EXTREMELY LIMITED player pool in a very condensed time frame. Doing this properly would be NOTHING like World Cup Mode was.

See answer 4.

I disagree. What difference could 2 minutes make.

• Drachenfells
    1347 posts Professional
    Do you know how much ea pay FIFA per year for exclusivity? They have a deal from 2014-2022 in which that paid 39 billion dollars!!! that's public record, if they paid that much why would they let pes use the license for free, they are negotiating the next 6 years right now and by all accounts they will pay a lot more for the exclusive use of the license next time, Konami have explained on numerous occasions that they could never afford the FIFA license and just have to negotiate with individual clubs in leagues that allow it.

A 6 minute game is about right any shorter and it just seems rushed.

Being able to design your own kits is a good idea, I would not use it personally, but would have no problem with it, just not sure if ea would be happy spending all that money on licences and people making there own kits though.

Icons in all modes is a nice idea.

World Cup mode failed as it was too limited, once you had won the cup there was nothing else to do.

Increasing pack weight is something they won't do as it would effect profits.
  • Glass0nion
    4181 posts National Call-Up
    after each game completed open a 1 player pack untradeable. from bronze to legends.
  • Ishibum
    14683 posts World Class
    Ishibum wrote: »

4Trim grinding time

5Make games 4 minutes

It actually is there have been times when games shared licenses in fact MLB will be on XBOX for the first time this year. This has happened before and is happening again so you are FLAT OUT WRONG.

This is a feature many people love. How is awful if you don't like it don't use it. But don't worry they won't do it because they are too lazy and greedy. Too much time is required to program this vs creating more packs etc. Plus they love removing features.

World Cup Mode is always brought up. But that is one approach this can be done in different ways. World Cup Mode has a EXTREMELY LIMITED player pool in a very condensed time frame. Doing this properly would be NOTHING like World Cup Mode was.

See answer 4.

I disagree. What difference could 2 minutes make.

I feel like my IQ has dropped from reading your responses.
  • tzinc
    edited September 17
    I would only do kit creator for kits that are wrong like Juves. I love PES option files you can have ANY Teams Leagues in the game!

Ishibum when you insult someone rather than defeat their arguments you are admitting they have won the debates and you don't have a leg to stand on.

• Der Tooldoktor
    132 posts Has Potential To Be Special

4Trim grinding time

5Make games 4 minutes

Really out of the never ending list of things that are wrong with this game, that is what you're asking????

How about instead of:
    Adding useless new things into the game, changing things that didn't need changing into something worse and spend time to add hundreds of special cards for fut

They:
    Start fixing the thousands of broken things in the game, make passes go where you aim them, shorten the dumb animations, fix the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ positioning of the AI along with the awful settings for the central midfielders and for the love of god, please let us get into pro clubs without having to DC from the server first...
  • tzinc
    I said simple easy things GAMEPLAY and FUT SYSTEM etc would take more time
  • SuperKMx
    2647 posts Fans' Favourite
    "Make games 4 minutes."

What's the point in that? You quit any game where you concede first anyway. You're barely spending 20 seconds on the pitch to start with.
  • Ishibum
    14683 posts World Class
    I would only do kit creator for kits that are wrong like Juves. I love PES option files you can have ANY Teams Leagues in the game!

Ishibum when you insult someone rather than defeat their arguments you are admitting they have won the debates and you don't have a leg to stand on.

You have made these same points in other threads and I have explained there as to why they are stupid. To go in depth yet again here basically takes me down to your level.

Good luck though in life.
  • Ishibum
    14683 posts World Class

4Trim grinding time

5Make games 4 minutes

Really out of the never ending list of things that are wrong with this game, that is what you're asking????

How about instead of:
    Adding useless new things into the game, changing things that didn't need changing into something worse and spend time to add hundreds of special cards for fut

They:
    Start fixing the thousands of broken things in the game, make passes go where you aim them, shorten the dumb animations, fix the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ positioning of the AI along with the awful settings for the central midfielders and for the love of god, please let us get into pro clubs without having to DC from the server first...

But mate, if EA gives Konami access to all the league licences that they spent huge money on so they get the licences to use 8 clubs that are PES exclusive, everything will be better :lol:
  • tzinc
    Ishibum if they do it together then the costs are split AND THE COSTS WILL BE MUCH LOWER! I don't know why you dont get this it has happened before and just happened this year
  • Kobayashi
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    What's the point in licence's anyway? You can custom load everything onto PES PS4 quite easily as I play that for realistic seasons. In ultimate team FIFA (the predominant game mode) kits & players all messed up. Messi in Brazil kit etc.. it's a big jumbled mess, if the player faces are not licensed than anyone could come along and make a better gameplay than FIFA / PES
  • SuperKMx
    2647 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ishibum if they do it together then the costs are split AND THE COSTS WILL BE MUCH LOWER! I don't know why you dont get this it has happened before and just happened this year

You realise that EA and Konami are actually competing for the same audience, right?

If PES was a far, far better game, the vast majority of people would STILL buy FIFA because of the licences. They don't want to mess with option files or anything like that. They want to buy the game, load the game, and play as their team.

I mean, I'm just checking that you actually understand that.
  • Drachenfells
    1347 posts Professional
    edited September 18

Just a quick question, how are Konami going to afford 20 billion or so, they barely make 800 million a year so it would bankrupt them, no company bar ea or Microsoft will be able to afford the FIFA license when it comes up for renewal in 2 years.

FIFA will never lower there licensing costs, several countries asked for cheaper World Cup coverage as covid has impacted it by moving it around, FIFA said it would not lower there prices under any circumstances even if there is no fans the price won't change, if ea and Konami joined up they would have to pay 20 billion each or neither game would get the license, under that threat ea would pay out.

The mlb license cost 175 million for 5 years, it was incredibly cheap and that's why it was shared, mbl games don't really sell outside the states, therefore rightly or wrongly it's not seen as a major sport worldwide, there is not a single game avalible on free TV in the UK, it only available on Sky Sports and even they don't show many games, did you know most teams play 5 games a week? Sky show 1 game a week until the World Series I believe.