for anyone sick of fifa or done with fifa...

tzinc
2306 posts Fans' Favourite
for anyone sick of fifa or done with fifa PES starts tonight in 1 hour and 23 min

Comments

• SuperKMx
    2647 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 15
    I've already played this year's PES, though.

In September 2019.
  • Pieman25
    17323 posts World Class
    When you say PES starts you mean PES updates right? They haven't released a new game.
  • Dazzler
    2039 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    When you say PES starts you mean PES updates right? They haven't released a new game.

What and Fifa feels like a brand new game With improvements every year right???

Fifa is going backwards imo.
  • Pieman25
    17323 posts World Class
    Dazzler wrote: »
    Pieman25 wrote: »

What and Fifa feels like a brand new game With improvements every year right???

Fifa is going backwards imo.

Well it feels more compared to a game that actually hasn't changed anything. Not oh it feels like they haven't, they haven't.
  • truegunn3r
    10390 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 15
    I think at this stage even EA’s done with Fifa 20.
  • tzinc
    PES 21 is a new game in the sense that is Madden a new game or FIFA or NBA - gameplay is always similar they always add some fake new features THAT IS THE PART PES didn't do this time none of those "new" features. Gameplay is slightly altered.

Before my first game this was my team (PES had carryover from 19 so you could get good players depending on how many you had in 19):

Messi Torres
    FDJ Iniesta Gullit Nakata
    Nobody Puyol Pique Nobody
    Nobody
  • Pieman25
    17323 posts World Class
    tzinc wrote: »
    PES 21 is a new game in the sense that is Madden a new game or FIFA or NBA - gameplay is always similar they always add some fake new features THAT IS THE PART PES didn't do this time none of those "new" features. Gameplay is slightly altered.

Before my first game this was my team (PES had carryover from 19 so you could get good players depending on how many you had in 19):

Messi Torres
    FDJ Iniesta Gullit Nakata
    Nobody Puyol Pique Nobody
    Nobody

They literally said it's just a roster update of PES2020, they didn't alter anything. They gave up as their game is down the toilet.
  • SuperKMx
    PES 21 is a new game in the sense that is Madden a new game or FIFA or NBA

No, it isn't.

You can shout that those games contain "fake" new features as much as you want, but it isn't true. They might not be entirely new games and they might not contain what you want, but they do contain actual new features that are not present in the previous year's game.

The new PES has absolutely zero new features and is identical to the previous year's game, apart from basic patch-style gameplay tweaks. The publisher of the game said this would be the case, so it isn't hyperbole, either.

You can't just bend the truth to fit your argument.
  • Hannayiom
    220 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm done with Fifa until 22, but having tried PES recently, certainly won't be going there again. Going to spend the time before the new Xbox on Borderlands 3.
  • keith210277
    1408 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 15
    SuperKMx wrote: »

No, it isn't.

You can shout that those games contain "fake" new features as much as you want, but it isn't true. They might not be entirely new games and they might not contain what you want, but they do contain actual new features that are not present in the previous year's game.

The new PES has absolutely zero new features and is identical to the previous year's game, apart from basic patch-style gameplay tweaks. The publisher of the game said this would be the case, so it isn't hyperbole, either.

Correct. The developers of PES(konami) have clearly stated this is a roster update and nothing else. It is exactly the same game, not a similar game like FIFA 21 surely will be, it is exactly the same game with only changes to the squads of Manchester Blues etc.
  • tzinc
    hey I played PES 20 and I got PES 21 and have been playing it and the gameplay is different BUT there are NO NEW FEATURES however I can tell you they did change the gameplay
  • SuperKMx
    hey I played PES 20 and I got PES 21 and have been playing it and the gameplay is different BUT there are NO NEW FEATURES however I can tell you they did change the gameplay

EA dropped a patch a couple weeks after the start of FIFA 19 that changed the gameplay. EA dropped a patch a couple weeks after the start of FIFA 20 that changed the gameplay.

They didn't shout "HEY GUISE! HERE'S OUR NEW GAME!"
  • mypetfrog
    2239 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you 're genuinely sick of Fifa 20 and are stopping playing, PLEASE start listing your high value cards at minimum BIN before you leave :)

Drop a heads up in the forum so those of us who are staying on, can try and nab them before the non forum community does - cheers.
  • tzinc
    anyone leaving anything behind I will take it I won't be playing FIFA 21 for a while
  • Toonleew
    2890 posts Fans' Favourite
    PES 21 update makes Fifa 20 look like Fifas first ever game. It’s only a tweak on gameplay but they have nailed most things.

Baring in mind I have played both games pretty much 50/50 in 2020 versions, I can safely say PES2021 is twice as good as FIFA20.

The update idea is excellent. They have taken a very good game, listened to fans and fixed most of the negative parts.

You get to PACK the top players more regularly and the gameplay is so much better.

Trick and skill abusers can be outplayed by a footballing brain. Love it.

Still buying fifa21 though :-)
  • Toonleew
    2890 posts Fans' Favourite
    SuperKMx wrote: »

No, it isn't.

Correct. The developers of PES(konami) have clearly stated this is a roster update and nothing else. It is exactly the same game, not a similar game like FIFA 21 surely will be, it is exactly the same game with only changes to the squads of Manchester Blues etc.

Untrue.

It is 80% the same game with improved passing, dribbling, shooting, servers, kits and slight graphics.

However I can’t guarantee it will be like that in 2 weeks time as more people join the servers. Or like last year when they patched it for the worse , fifa style
  • Amdp9
    5179 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 16
    Playing here and there
  • Kobayashi
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    Custom kits are available on PS4 already so don't worry about licenses, suggest you watch spoonypizzas on YouTube. Played about 10 season games, quite like it, harder to dribble, harder to score, more realistic.