Something weird happened today

tzinc
2306 posts Fans' Favourite
Trying to fulfill the objectives Werner and Gold was the usual nightmare dozens of games skipped after 1 goal against me until I found players who I could compete with and then the invariable late losses and late ties grinding for hours until I completed all the objectives.

So I turned on the game today and I have never experienced such great play from my team. They are actually shooting well not hitting posts etc they are running well turning well and i am actually winning games in decent numbers.

Never experienced this in FIFA 20 what happened today? Any ideas?

Comments

• BuZuS
    1513 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's a conspiracy by bad, greedy EA to get you to buy 21. Or something.
  • DannySTFC
    4475 posts National Call-Up
    tommyboyo wrote: »
    So basically...

Winning = game is good and fair
    Losing = game is bad and fixed

Mate, that’s literally this forum every day, all year. There’s obviously issues with the game, but the amount of people on here who feel they’re entitled to win is unreal.
  • Pieman25
    17322 posts World Class
    You're in division 10, unless you're the single worst player on the game you'll probably hit a run of easier matches at some point.
  • Mogga
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    "dozens of games skipped after 1 goal against me until I found players who I could compete with"

The fighting spirit is strong with this one.

Liverpool v Milan 2005, TZinc in charge. Right lads I know it's only halftime but let's just leave it there, they're clearly above our level.

:D:D:D
  • Pieman25 wrote: »
    "dozens of games skipped after 1 goal against me until I found players who I could compete with"

The fighting spirit is strong with this one.

Liverpool v Milan 2005, TZinc in charge. Right lads I know it's only halftime but let's just leave it there, they're clearly above our level.

They failed miserably in scoring with a German though.
  • truegunn3r
    10390 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 15
    I really believe EA purposely cripple the game near the end of its game cycle to make the newer version look so much better. Don’t forget, the worse the current gameplay becomes the better the newer version will seem. Why else would we have a major maintenance schedule exactly when the Fifa 21 beta was going live?
  • JohnDoe
    12147 posts Has That Special Something
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    I really believe EA purposely cripple the game near the end of its game cycle to make the newer version look so much better. Don’t forget, the worse the current gameplay becomes the better the newer version will seem. Why else would we have a major maintenance schedule exactly when the Fifa 21 beta was going live?

The game hasn’t changed in any way whatsoever in the last few months.
  • DANNY_M
    291 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’ve actually had amazing gameplay too yesterday not tried it today though
  • tzinc
    No the gameplay was different yesterday NOT because I was winning but because I was able to move smoothly complete passes get scores also was able to play good defense --- as opposed to playing in mud like most games. It FELT different.

I don't mind being beaten by better players I do mind getting beaten by worse players while my players feel like mud and don't move right.

I am not the worst players in Div 10 because I do beat players who are worse then me I may have beaten a couple better but in that case I didn't deserve it it was their players in mud.

My record is 600 50 900 - among those "wins" were many games of farming so they don't really count if that's the case my record is worse than that. Maybe 1 in 12 2 in 12 players I face in Div Rivals I can beat.
  • Knowlesdinho
    13444 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 15
    I'm all for plucky determination, and I'll always back an underdog, but I'm thinking this game might not be for you.
  • tzinc
    I'm all for plucky determination, and I'll always back an underdog, but I'm thinking this game might not be for you.

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

I would say this game is BARELY for me - but this game is definitely NOT for the people I BEAT lol.

Always trying to improve I am trying to do a lot of switching on defense and slowing down on offense. Sometimes I feel there is some TRICK I am missing with regards to how controls are used just press the buttons some way I am not doing. I used to think it was skilling but some winners claim they don't skill and still do well.

Of course there is another part to this game and that is the part I am addicted to: opening packs and doing sbc and making teams etc
  • Knowlesdinho
    13444 posts Has That Special Something
    tzinc wrote: »

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

I would say this game is BARELY for me - but this game is definitely NOT for the people I BEAT lol.

Always trying to improve I am trying to do a lot of switching on defense and slowing down on offense. Sometimes I feel there is some TRICK I am missing with regards to how controls are used just press the buttons some way I am not doing. I used to think it was skilling but some winners claim they don't skill and still do well.

Of course there is another part to this game and that is the part I am addicted to: opening packs and doing sbc and making teams etc

Have you tried using your thumbs instead of your big toes? It helped me.
  • tzinc
    my thumbs are like big toes not getting around that
  • Pieman25
    17322 posts World Class

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

I like this can do attitude, you should play some people on here in friendlies for tips on improving.
  • Seanregal
    1339 posts Professional
    my thumbs are like big toes not getting around that

I like to picture other forummers in my head you are are going all Dali now :D
  • SuperKMx
    2643 posts Fans' Favourite

Because FIFA 21 utilises the exact same servers as FIFA 20. I imagine they would have had to do some work to accommodate that.

And I haven't felt any change in FIFA 20, in all honesty. Same issues it always had.
  • SuperKMx
    2643 posts Fans' Favourite

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

I like this can do attitude, you should play some people on here in friendlies for tips on improving.

It's just a shame the can-do attitude is for show, though, given that he quits the match the second he concedes a goal first.
  • Pieman25
    17322 posts World Class

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

It's just a shame the can-do attitude is for show, though, given that he quits the match the second he concedes a goal first.

Am guessing 1 goal vs anyone on here would be enough to work out his issues :lol:
  • tzinc
    I am on PS4 if anyone wants to give me tips by playing me let's do it AND no I will not quit after 1 goal in this situation.
  • ManC2020
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Have you tried using your thumbs instead of your big toes? It helped me.

Darn it.. I just KNEW you were Yoda's great Uncle. This confirms it. 👌👌
  • BuZuS
    1513 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 17
    I really believe EA purposely cripple the game near the end of its game cycle to make the newer version look so much better.
    "This version is terrible, I absolutely need to buy the next version" - flawless logic, I think you're really on to something here.
    Post edited by BuZuS on
  • Saiyajin
    211 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Every lose in Fifa is well-deserved. You have 12 ingame minutes to change the result in your favor. If you cant to that you dont deserve to win. The game has some issues but its for everyone. There is a reason why there are players who can get elite every week.