Drogba vs Mo Salah: Is this disrespectful to Drogba?

Biabia
355 posts Sunday League Hero
edited September 14
I claimed Eto'o was better than Drogba. He went "Drogba was better than Eto'o, Salah, and YayaToure combined."
I said "Salah will have better individual awards than Drogba." He think it's very disrespectful to compared Salah to Drogba. Everywhere in the internet will think I am delusional to think that Salah will have better individual stats. That is why I am asking this in FIFA community.

I disagree! The only thing that Drogba have more than Salah is EPL Trophy which is not in Drogba's individual achievement. Goas and assists? Salah already has better ratio and if he stays at EPL for another two year or three years, he will definitely surpass him. Even if he is only half the player he is in the next few years.

I am not saying Salah is better than Drogba. I am not saying Drogba was better either.

Comments

• FUT_Moe
    1298 posts Professional
    edited September 14
    Drogba > Salah, but I'm a bit biased ;)

I personally find that this is a ridiculous comparison. They are 2 different players that play different positions. Apples and oranges.
  • Cyodine
    2726 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why is even the comparison being made?
  • WryLucky
    3038 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 14
    Drogba wasn't about goals, he was the guy you wanted on your team if you wanted to win a final or get the most important goal in a game.
  • El_Nino
    6409 posts Big Money Move
    I’m not sure what it is your asking?
  • Biabia
    edited September 14
    FUT_Moe wrote: »
    Drogba > Salah, but I'm a bit biased ;)

I personally find that this is a ridiculous comparison. They are 2 different players that play different positions. Apples and oranges.

Maldini and Jorginho are totally different players but one will always say Maldini is better because he is better at what they are doing. And Messi and Ronaldo are better than Maldini was. Orange and Apple are comparable too, one will says apple tasted better while the others will say orange. We were talking about who was the best Africans players.
  • Biabia
    Cyodine wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »

Read the post and you will know
  • Biabia
    WryLucky wrote: »
    Drogba wasn't about goals, he was the guy you wanted on your team if you wanted to win a final or get the most important goal in a game.

Chelsea didn’t win against MU in 2008 UCL final 😂 . But yea I know what you mean 😁.
  • El_Nino
    Biabia wrote: »

Believe me I read it, and it made little to no sense.
  • Biabia

Is it disrespectful to Drogba if Salah is compared to him?
    Is that confusing?
  • El_Nino

Is it disrespectful to Drogba if Salah is compared to him?
    Is that confusing?

The fact that’s your only question yet you managed to witter on and never ask it properly is confusing.

No, it’s not insulting at all, as of right now Drogba was a better all round player, stats will favour Salah as he’s a very Selfish player. Both world class footballers in there own right though.
  • Biabia
    I feel like you had this discussion with the other voices in your head and then got into an argument with them and now posted your conversation here.

Whatever.. You are one of those type of people who destroy one's enjoyment in the forum
  • Cyodine
    2726 posts Fans' Favourite
    I feel like you had this discussion with the other voices in your head and then got into an argument with them and now posted your conversation here.

Whatever.. You are one of those type of people who destroy one's enjoyment in the forum

Destroyer of Enjoyment is my official title but I don't think anyone really understands this comparison. It's very hard to compare two players who are completely opposite of each other. Your post also includes Eto'o and Yaya Toure but somehow it becomes a Drogba vs Salah question.

I just don't think the players have enough similarity to have a proper comparison or who's better debate. On top of that Drogba is retired and Salah still has plenty of more years at the top level. I think the better comparison/discussion would have been Drogba vs Eto'o as they were active during the same years and retired around the same time.
  • Kellnerr
    3845 posts National Call-Up
    I mean he didn't compare them, he just says that Salah will have better individual stats - and he most likely will achieve that. If anything, it's disrespectful by that other guy towards Eto'o, Salah and Yaya.

If I had to compare two attackers who played on a similar level, I'll always go for the better scorer and not the big game player, that's why I'd say Salah - and for example also Messi over Ronaldo.
  • Snugglebites
    1922 posts Play-Off Hero
    Salah is twice the player Drogba ever was.
  • Stlducks
    3227 posts National Call-Up

I applaud your effort to continue posting hoping someone bites on one of your comments.
  • Snugglebites
    1922 posts Play-Off Hero
    Stlducks wrote: »

I applaud your effort to continue posting hoping someone bites on one of your comments.

I'm simply giving my opinion. Whether anyone responds or not is irrelevant,
  • wth22
    11480 posts Has That Special Something
    In a big game I'd have Drogba, over a season I'd have Salah
  • Biabia

Destroyer of Enjoyment is my official title but I don't think anyone really understands this comparison. It's very hard to compare two players who are completely opposite of each other. Your post also includes Eto'o and Yaya Toure but somehow it becomes a Drogba vs Salah question.

I just don't think the players have enough similarity to have a proper comparison or who's better debate. On top of that Drogba is retired and Salah still has plenty of more years at the top level. I think the better comparison/discussion would have been Drogba vs Eto'o as they were active during the same years and retired around the same time.

Because as a Liverpool fan, I love Salah and think he is one of the best in the world at the moment. I knew I shouldn’t compare him to Drogba yet, but the guy just did that. And don’t like that because I know Salah already has better individual trophies than Drogba.

And although I didn’t compare both of them, I disagree with you on saying player with different positions shouldn’t be compared.
    Even a goalkeeper and a striker can be compared to see who was a better footballer in their career. They played different position but the same sport, and they decided their own position.

Lastly, we shouldn’t argue and humiliate each other man. Especially while supporting the same team. Assuming you support Liverpool according to your picture
  • Biabia
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    I mean he didn't compare them, he just says that Salah will have better individual stats - and he most likely will achieve that. If anything, it's disrespectful by that other guy towards Eto'o, Salah and Yaya.

If I had to compare two attackers who played on a similar level, I'll always go for the better scorer and not the big game player, that's why I'd say Salah - and for example also Messi over Ronaldo.

Exactly bro and tha k you.
    Not just that, they very can be compared. I am tired of people’s BS about “they played very differently blablabla”

It’s not like you have to name 11 players for each position when asked “who is the greatest of all time in your opinion”