Anyone else just given up with Fifa and EA?

Comments

• gregsii
    1308 posts Professional
    BernaLeo87 wrote: »
    I was done early this year deleted 20 & switched to PES. Preordered PES 21 which got released today. Having fun with my 10 IM players right now lol

Pretty sure there is no pes 21??
  • BernaLeo87
    408 posts Sunday League Hero
    gregsii wrote: »
    BernaLeo87 wrote: »
    I was done early this year deleted 20 & switched to PES. Preordered PES 21 which got released today. Having fun with my 10 IM players right now lol

Pretty sure there is no pes 21??

I know it's a season update but still a new game & much improved compared to 20.
  • Gnomenclature
    6070 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 16
    If you have good gameplay and enjoy fifa, then by all means, get 21.

However, I will not be buying it. No servers in california make it impossible to compete. One sided lag is a major disadvantage that should not exist in any competitive video game.

In addition, I have no respect for their business model as I feel it preys on the vulnerable - you always feel like you're chasing a bad bet... Even if you don't buy FP, the urge to resist is incredible.

I know live games need monetary insentive for companies to maintain licenses and what not, but EA exploit this to unethical levels. As much as they profit, they should be providing an enjoyable experience for ALL there customers... They don't.
  • RexAnglo1066
    3324 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 16
    Apparently, 21 is more like the previous game than any Fifa has been before.

17 was different from 16, and 18 felt different to 17, and 19 felt different to 18, and even this year did feel different to 19.

They had different stuff that could be exploited, a different meta, the pacing felt different, crosses were viable last year but not this year...you get the point.

But, according to some things I've read, 21 is almost identical to 20 and feels very lazy...a bit like the situation with Madden.

Has the Covid stuff meant they shouldn't have released a new title this year, but simple greed and cynicism made it impossible to show restraint and do right by the customer?

Konami have taken a more customer friendly approach to this years game, using an update rather than full release.

E.A are addicted to that FUT money though, so, like all addicts, they are reluctant to change.