Anyone else just given up with Fifa and EA?

Jsennett92
36 posts Park Captain
Anyone else just given up with the FIFA franchise?

Comments

• A_Snipe
    2534 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes. I literally just came to check this forum to see what’s happening about next gen and stuff. Haven’t played the game in months and it’s been lovely
  • selb
    7317 posts League Winner
    I'm not completely giving up on it just yet, wont be buying 21 but will likely come back for the full new gen release of 22, if that's just the same bs as we've had the last couple of years then yes, ill likely give up on the franchise.
  • Ishibum
    14682 posts World Class
    Not played in two months, not getting '21, and seen nothing to suggest this has been the wrong choice. I genuinely hope '21 is good for the folk here that get it but I've had my fingers burnt too many times now with promises of fixes. Also feel the game has evolved into too much of a money grab but that's a subjective thing. Others obviously happy with that as they'll keep buying.
  • Wayno69
    1422 posts Professional
    Given up with Fifa 20 yes, waiting for 21 now.
  • keith210277
    1407 posts Play-Off Hero
    Only got 20 in June as it was on sale, so will probably not bother with 21.
  • Mogga
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    selb wrote: »
    I'm not completely giving up on it just yet, wont be buying 21 but will likely come back for the full new gen release of 22, if that's just the same bs as we've had the last couple of years then yes, ill likely give up on the franchise.

Same
  • GoonerDude81
    1005 posts Professional
    I wouldn’t say I’ve give up. Like every game, I tend to get bored unless there’s a story. Fifa doesn’t have a story anymore.
  • Swanz05
    2525 posts Fans' Favourite
    My excuses are Eto'o, Cantona, Torres & Cech's helmet but they'll probably screw up a couple.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2299 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not buying 21 and don't trust any EA game now. I don't think I'll buy another EA game as I fear it will be manipulated and not a fair and open experience.
  • gregsii
    1308 posts Professional
    I wouldn’t say I’ve give up. Like every game, I tend to get bored unless there’s a story. Fifa doesn’t have a story anymore.

Anymore?
  • tommyboyo
    1852 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not given up per se, but I think people have to temper their expectations considerably!

All the signs suggest that 21 is NOT going to be massively different from 20.
  • tommyboyo
    1852 posts Play-Off Hero
    Swanz05 wrote: »
    My excuses are Eto'o, Cantona, Torres & Cech's helmet but they'll probably screw up a couple.

This is one of the problems!!

Shiny new cards trump game play for many and EA know this now.
  • Swanz05
    2525 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 14
    tommyboyo wrote: »
    Swanz05 wrote: »

This is one of the problems!!

Shiny new cards trump game play for many and EA know this now.

Incredible thank you. I think they've known that icons sell games for a while :D
  • HyperOCD
    1272 posts Professional
    What you play instead? Can't find anything after getting platinum at ghost of tushisma
  • SuperKMx
    2647 posts Fans' Favourite
    HyperOCD wrote: »
    What you play instead? Can't find anything after getting platinum at ghost of tushisma

There are literally thousands of games on the PS Store.

I genuinely have no idea how it's possible to "not find anything."
  • Gromit
    4842 posts National Call-Up
    Playing till I get Storyline Bale, not buying 21. Will probably continue playing 20 sporadically. I did the same after 17 and actually found 17 to be better after the majority had left. It stopped being just EPL teams like it had been all year.
  • Jsennett92
    36 posts Park Captain
    Definitely prefer career to online.

Do you think the lag problems will ever get fixed? No.

Do you think no matter what team you have, that someone sweaty can pop up with a lower rating team and just rinse your squad? No.

Do you think FUT Champions and Rivals will ever provide better quality pack luck for the grind you’ve put in? No.

Do you think EA will stop those getting relegated on purpose? No

Even as a casual gamer, Fifa always ends up being frustrating.
  • HyperOCD
    1272 posts Professional
    SuperKMx wrote: »

@SuperKMx not really many great ones that I didn't play already :/
  • SuperKMx
    2647 posts Fans' Favourite

Well, Hotshot Racing came out last week and is fantastic. Tony Hawk 1+2 is superb, too.
  • SuperKMx wrote: »

Well, Hotshot Racing came out last week and is fantastic. Tony Hawk 1+2 is superb, too.

just dont buy pga 2k21.. online play is shocking to non existent
  • Onedoesntsimply
    2301 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gonna play to the end of this game cycle, then I'm done for a year. No point in playing all year when you can pick the game up in April/May and have a stacked squad that can compete with the best in no time. Will probably play FIFA 20 occasionally, but otherwise that's it for me.
  • Ishibum
    14682 posts World Class

I'll +1 Tony Hawk 1+2. They done a great job with that.
  • BuZuS
    1513 posts Play-Off Hero
    gregsii wrote: »
    Anymore?
    The Journey mode I guess?
  • Knowlesdinho
    13444 posts Has That Special Something
    Done until 22. Taking a year off and hoping something forces their hand to start delivering a good product.
  • keith210277
    1407 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gonna play to the end of this game cycle, then I'm done for a year. No point in playing all year when you can pick the game up in April/May and have a stacked squad that can compete with the best in no time. Will probably play FIFA 20 occasionally, but otherwise that's it for me.

That's pretty much what I have done for the last three years.
  • mypetfrog
    2239 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gromit wrote: »
    Playing till I get Storyline Bale, not buying 21. Will probably continue playing 20 sporadically. I did the same after 17 and actually found 17 to be better after the majority had left. It stopped being just EPL teams like it had been all year.

Same here.
  • Headshrinker363
    5870 posts Big Money Move
    🙋‍♂️ only pop on forum maybe twice a week now.
  • rats21
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Previous fifa I played before 20 was 18 (which was definitely better in everything Than its latter versions 19 and 20) and now I'm going to do the same, not buying 21 and not sure if I can be bothered again with this game to be honest. It feels like you put a ton of grind (time and effort) and you end up being annoyed and super frustrated by lots of things that aren't right in the game...

Even the ratings given by EA to some players, who performed great in real life, are shocking. I might watch some streams of people raging with fifa 21 and that's it. Might return playing the game in 22 or 23 if the gameplay is responsive and possible new games have been added or current ones have been improved. All of these parameters I highly doubt they will occur so most likely 20 was the last FIFA ever for me
  • BernaLeo87
    408 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 15
    I was done early this year deleted 20 & switched to PES. Preordered PES 21 which got released today. Having fun with my 10 IM players right now lol
  • gregsii
    1308 posts Professional
    To answer the OP.
    Yes
    I'm not buying 21, at least not until it drops to half price which is like in the new year sometime.
    I've wasted far too much of my life on this damn game this year, mostly because of covid 19.
    I could have used my time more wisely, and for that, I hate myself.
    FIFA ultimate team is really a deadly game if you get sucked in.