Fifa 21 PC vs Console

Eesa24
61 posts Park Captain
Hi all

This is not a debate which is better in terms of graphics etc as clearly PC's are more powerful.

I have been on Fifa since Fifa 2004 online and this is the first year I will be playing Fifa 21 online as I have been given it by EA for game testing. My question would be about the communities, The console community was also so big and yes it had it's issues but they were generic EA server issues.

I have read online today that PC gamers report a lot of cheating in WL on PC and it being harder to play on there is this true?

I had planned to point some Fifa points on PC account until they release Xbox Series X then play on that with friends on a RTG account.

Are there many PC users on here who are continuing to play on 21?

Comments

• madlion
    2632 posts Fans' Favourite
    I moved from PC to PS midway fifa 20 and dont regret

Pc is a joke, less items on market

I didnt face many cheaters just 2-3 out of 30 games but they're not that good, still its cheating
  • Eesa24
    61 posts Park Captain
    If it wasn't for the next gen switch over I would be on Xbox but I sold all my consoles in Lockdown and have a top PC now and waiting for Xbox Series X. I guess I can keep Fifa 21 on PC and put no fifa points on and wait for XBX to release :(

It's a shame about the PC as was excited to see it on high hz.
  • hhoverflow
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've always played on PC because I don't have a console.

The graphics and smoothness are very nice, especially if you have a nice PC and display.,

The cheating situation is big, and each year gets bigger because people realize EA don't seem to care. On the first few weeks of the game they pretend to be "active" on the PC section of the forum, but I think it's just to boost sales. After a while they just don't care anymore.

Some modes are just unplayable on PC (like draft for example). If you play this mode, you will probably get disconnected as soon as the game starts, get a loss and lose your token. But it's kind of a general knowledge already that PC players should play this mode.

Regarding the cheaters, here are what people use:
    - Using cheat sofware to add own goal and then disconnect opponent
    - People using Legacy Defending
    - People using Always Perfect Timed Finesse Shoot
    - Some other things like Fitness, 5* Left Foot, All Traits, etc.
    - People watching your current WL record before the game starts, so they can avoid game (if they see you have too many wins, they just leave and search for a match again)

This above works in online games. Some people are easy to recognize, some can hide very well.

Apart from that,
    - Squad Battles TOP 100 almost 80% hacking with a perfect score, much higher than console.
    - Pro Clubs also full of hackers

If you only play seasons or carreer mode, I think it's alright. If you plan to play FUT or PRO Clubs, be prepared to not only face cheaters, but deal with EA saying that the problem is in your connection.

Also, just to add:

The game is so broken that the only "anti-cheat" measure that their developers implemented was a feature that if you ALT+TAB during a running game you get disconnected, because that's how you activate the cheat.
    It took not even a day for all the cheats to come with a feature that allows you to ALT+TAB, so the result is that all legit players cannot ALT+TAB anymore, while everybody hacking can do. On top of that, the game has a bug for some people that the Fifa just "lose focus" during the match (so, you get disconnected with a loss). This means that for months people were not able to finish a game and EA didn't brought a solution for that. The only way to play was to use the cheat itself.
  • Eesa24
    61 posts Park Captain
    hhoverflow wrote: »

The graphics and smoothness are very nice, especially if you have a nice PC and display.,

The cheating situation is big, and each year gets bigger because people realize EA don't seem to care. On the first few weeks of the game they pretend to be "active" on the PC section of the forum, but I think it's just to boost sales. After a while they just don't care anymore.

Some modes are just unplayable on PC (like draft for example). If you play this mode, you will probably get disconnected as soon as the game starts, get a loss and lose your token. But it's kind of a general knowledge already that PC players should play this mode.

- People watching your current WL record before the game starts, so they can avoid game (if they see you have too many wins, they just leave and search for a match again)

This above works in online games. Some people are easy to recognize, some can hide very well.

Apart from that,
    - Squad Battles TOP 100 almost 80% hacking with a perfect score, much higher than console.

If you only play seasons or carreer mode, I think it's alright. If you plan to play FUT or PRO Clubs, be prepared to not only face cheaters, but deal with EA saying that the problem is in your connection.

Also, just to add:

The game is so broken that the only "anti-cheat" measure that their developers implemented was a feature that if you ALT+TAB during a running game you get disconnected, because that's how you activate the cheat.
    It took not even a day for all the cheats to come with a feature that allows you to ALT+TAB, so the result is that all legit players cannot ALT+TAB anymore, while everybody hacking can do. On top of that, the game has a bug for some people that the Fifa just "lose focus" during the match (so, you get disconnected with a loss). This means that for months people were not able to finish a game and EA didn't brought a solution for that. The only way to play was to use the cheat itself.

Thanks for this information, I only play FUT but i take it seriously every year and invest a decent amount of money on Fifa points at the start every year to set me up to invest and build on. It's disgraceful that they continue to treat PC consumers this way.

So may people are making the jump to PC gaming now it is becoming more affordable with better FPS monitors, I will have to contact EA and ask them to change my code to Xbox version and buy an Xbox One cheap until Series X is released.

Thank you for the feedback.
  • Dramacydal
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Eesa24 wrote: »
    hhoverflow wrote: »

Apart from that,

Also, just to add:

Thanks for this information, I only play FUT but i take it seriously every year and invest a decent amount of money on Fifa points at the start every year to set me up to invest and build on. It's disgraceful that they continue to treat PC consumers this way.

So may people are making the jump to PC gaming now it is becoming more affordable with better FPS monitors, I will have to contact EA and ask them to change my code to Xbox version and buy an Xbox One cheap until Series X is released.

Thank you for the feedback.

There is like a difference of 8 million + copies on ps4 alone to maybe a few hundred K on pc. EA don't care about that markt anymore.
  • Avit32
    1215 posts Professional
    I am moving from PC this year. I can't take the cheaters anymore. Some people use it very subtly but then there is the stupidly obvious guys who really don't care with clubs they've had for years, which only says to me 1 thing.

So this year I'm going to xbox then when the X comes out i'll be moving to that since we get the game for free when we upgrade assuming we already had it :)