Community Hype for Fifa 21 at all time low?

Comments

• Seleukos
    512 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Don't have any illusion: there will be still a HUGE amount of people buying FP like there is No tomorrow. So: why should EA change anything???
  • tommyboyo
    1853 posts Play-Off Hero
    TDOF wrote: »
    Because EA are simply going down a slippery slope....

They've shown in the previous 2 years that they can't fully give us everything we want.

Everything is done how they want it to be done.

After playing the fifa 21 beta i've lost all hope.

@TDOF

How was the beta then?

I know you take these things quite seriously, so very interested in what your impressions were.
  • Gnomenclature
    6070 posts Big Money Move
    Two weeks with no content and hype will pick up imo...

Besides the poor gameplay... terrible rewards, untradeable packs and lack of icon sbcs really killed it for me. I'd like to see icon swaps early on and icon sbcs coming out after the first or second season.

19 had bad gameplay too, but at least the league sbcs and icon sbcs made the game shareable.
  • NinthFall
    1948 posts Fans' Favourite
    They probs tried to get noticed with the ridiculous ratings
  • starfox1284
    2566 posts Fans' Favourite
    Icon sbcs going was a real kick in the teeth to any hype, my team this year is nowhere near the last two cycles and its because the pack weight is terrible and they have made a lot of packs untradeable now through sbcs. Top tier icons are not obtainable for any casual anymore.
  • fatELVIS77
    86 posts Park Captain
    I persisted with all the issues and annoyances of FIFA20 as I felt like I had to complete something that I had already started. This time round I'm not going to put myself in that position. I'll check this forum and reddit to see if there are dramatic changes e.g. servers, game play and return of Icon SBCS . But I predict there won't be.
  • TDOF
    3381 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 11
    tommyboyo wrote: »

They've shown in the previous 2 years that they can't fully give us everything we want.

@TDOF

How was the beta then?

I know you take these things quite seriously, so very interested in what your impressions were.

in the beta forums feedback i wrote 6500+ word essay on everything thats wrong with the game, Im not joking.

Tells you everything...

@tommyboyo
  • Retropoe82
    1412 posts Play-Off Hero
    Well i once said i wouldn't get the game. But i pre ordered it again thinking ok fifa 21 gameplay looks better. Then they release player ratings an imo downgrading a treble winning side 🙄. I'm goin to cancel my pre order.

The hope train left with 100 ratings
  • tommyboyo
    1853 posts Play-Off Hero

@TDOF

How was the beta then?

in the beta forums feedback i wrote 6500+ word essay on everything thats wrong with the game, Im not joking.

Tells you everything...

@tommyboyo

Oh dear, that good then!

It does not surprise me. They are lost and it's a very long way back.

New game engine for next gen will be a start.
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    2823 posts Fans' Favourite

@TDOF

How was the beta then?

Tells you everything...

@tommyboyo

Got a link? @tdof
  • Diggy
    14803 posts Has That Special Something

@TDOF

How was the beta then?

Tells you everything...

@tommyboyo
    Was a good thread I followed it all through beta sadly EA didn’t listen
  • tommyboyo
    1853 posts Play-Off Hero
    Diggy wrote: »

@TDOF

How was the beta then?

Tells you everything...

@tommyboyo

Yeah, that is why I asked him. Thought it would probably be a very thorough and considered assessment. I did not get offered the beta this year and so had no link to the beta forum.
  • TDOF
    3381 posts National Call-Up
    Diggy wrote: »

@TDOF

How was the beta then?

Tells you everything...

@tommyboyo

Yeah, that is why I asked him. Thought it would probably be a very thorough and considered assessment. I did not get offered the beta this year and so had no link to the beta forum.

Once the game fully comes out i'll make a thread on here and go over every single point to see if anything was actually done.

I did get messages from the EA team they did say that my post was flagged and it was being read.
  • Zalisis
    580 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EA have been arrogant enough to completely ignore customer feedback and assume people will buy regardless.

We've had 10 months of people complaining constantly that dragbacks are ridiculously unrealistic and overpowered. EA's solution? Allow us to chain more together more fluidly in FIFA 21. It honestly beggars belief.

I will 100% not be buying (I've bought all but 2 since FIFA 1998), and I genuinely hope others follow. There are other games out there, well developed and made with care and attention to detail, far more deserving of my time and money.
  • DaMMian
    1426 posts Professional
    Zalisis wrote: »
    EA have been arrogant enough to completely ignore customer feedback and assume people will buy regardless.

We've had 10 months of people complaining constantly that dragbacks are ridiculously unrealistic and overpowered. EA's solution? Allow us to chain more together more fluidly in FIFA 21. It honestly beggars belief.

I will 100% not be buying (I've bought all but 2 since FIFA 1998), and I genuinely hope others follow. There are other games out there, well developed and made with care and attention to detail, far more deserving of my time and money.

Because ea it's not a company that makes games together with players. They have an idea of ​​the game in all its aspects. Currently, ea sucks money from us as much as it can but as revenue statistics show, there is currently not such a big jump as it was at the beginning when UT started. It's a lot of money but definitely alas, things are not what they seem. ea want much more.

Your end is near.
  • Im more hyped about Pes 21 even Konami tells gameplay will 99,9% same as 20. Pes 21 wont be any better than fifa -probably even worse.

Preordered fifa, but got the feeling that should just cancel it. Really tired of bad connections and grinding. There is no chill modes in fut and friendlies are just pointless..

Most time it feels that Im playing fifa because of objective cards, not because of gameplay.
  • Wi1son73
    2957 posts National Call-Up
    I think most people have been scunnered by EA. Every new feature is pointless if we still have sluggish delayed gameplay.
  • Janscharie
    369 posts Sunday League Hero
    Are we ecpecting a new engine for 22, next gen build? I'm hoping konami will step up with their 22 revamped build.

Won't be buying 21
  • SuperKMx
    2647 posts Fans' Favourite
    Janscharie wrote: »
    Are we ecpecting a new engine for 22, next gen build?

No. People are making a huge assumption that there will be just because of next-gen, but I don't see it.

Nothing is forcing them to build a new engine when the current one will work the same on next-gen as it does on current-gen. They can even make visual improvements for next-gen platforms using the current engine without needing to rebuild from the ground up.

The only way FIFA gets a new engine is if PES 22's engine is so groundbreaking and revolutionary (I'm not holding my breath) that their hand is forced, or if they're unhappy with the current one. The fact they're banking record profits each year with the current engine probably stops them from being too worried.
  • Invincibility
    4687 posts National Call-Up
    21 looks exactly like FIFA 20 except the childish stadium customization which is cringe AF
  • DaMMian
    1426 posts Professional
    This is not true in FIFA20 football players do not improve their legs pads like in FIFA21. So we already have the first difference, should I mention further?
  • I can't see them changing to a new game engine either unless PES do something groundbreaking. There's just no need as the money's rolling in. Why risk changing to something that people hate even more?
  • AHL
    167 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It is ironic that many YouTubers ended up being fairly critical of Fifa20 but now are trying generate hype for 21. They obviously have a huge conflict of interest.
  • Boommaametw3
    3079 posts National Call-Up
    AHL wrote: »
    It is ironic that many YouTubers ended up being fairly critical of Fifa20 but now are trying generate hype for 21. They obviously have a huge conflict of interest.

They make money off making content for the game what you expect them to do?
  • SuperKMx
    2647 posts Fans' Favourite
    AHL wrote: »

Their actual "job" is to get people to watch videos. It isn't irony for them to do what's best for their business.

If they're a FIFA YouTuber, what do you expect them to do? Tell everyone the game is crap and that they're not buying it? Then just do draft challenges in FIFA 17 for a year? They could play other games - folks like Nepenthez do that well enough - but most of them barely know that any other games exist, barring Call of Duty.

It beggar's belief that anybody would expect a FIFA YouTuber to tell the actual truth about FIFA. Even when they do have big watershed moments about how much they don't like the game, they pull punches left and right.