Community Hype for Fifa 21 at all time low?

1
Tradey
160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I've played fifa for years and even during the worst editions I've always managed to find myself hyped for the new one. The Web app, player reveals etc. This year feels different though. It also feels like there is less excitement for the latest installment on the forums and the community in general. Anyone else feel this way? I'll buy it but the level of hype doesn't feel the same at the moment 😕

Comments

  • Tradey
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    TDOF wrote: »
    Because EA are simply going down a slippery slope....

    They've shown in the previous 2 years that they can't fully give us everything we want.

    Everything is done how they want it to be done.

    After playing the fifa 21 beta i've lost all hope.

    Yeah I agree. It does feel like the beginning of the end. Last year there were so many posts before the new one but there's just not as many here or on Reddit.
  • Pnub
    1008 posts Professional
    TDOF wrote: »
    Because EA are simply going down a slippery slope....

    They've shown in the previous 2 years that they can't fully give us everything we want.

    Everything is done how they want it to be done.

    After playing the fifa 21 beta i've lost all hope.

    The worst part is they are taking away all aspects of the game that make you grind through all the bad game play.
    Icon sbc's gone, less league sbc's, untradeable rewards, player movement nerfed, objectives ruining rivals
  • Tjahr
    475 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It doesent matter what we say, ea makes money...low or big hype? Less players will mean less traffic on servers. People will say ea fixed the problem we all been waiting for and boom: everyone is back!
  • futaddikt
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    Take a look at this forum's topics from October to now there is a couple constant trends. This alone can tell you what to expect going forward especially since its using the same game engine. Furthermore look at the amount of patches that this game has received, all to no avail.
    Say what you want but this crowd is a bit delusional when it comes to thinking 21 will be any different , hell go even look at last year's game dev interviews.... then look what we ended up with ....
  • Ishibum
    14683 posts World Class
    It always does down at this point. Would agree on the absolute lack of hype though.
  • Funkcrush
    223 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The next DLC is on the same engine which basically translates to the same game. Haven't seen 'lag compensation' being addressed in any way, so whare would the hype come from in the first place?

    Only argument they understand is money, so let's just hope people won't get fooled again and then perhaps one day we will get a decent game. Perhaps.
  • Doaves
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I won't be buying. Looking forward to a break tbh.
    But I will check in on these forums every few weeks just to see how it's all going and whether I'll come back to it the following year.
  • Tradey
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I agree with everyone. We don't have any impact on their sales. Not to the extent that people assume anyway. Maybe once it gets closer and the web app rolls out I might feel it again but it's not looking good 😂
  • what3v3r
    554 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I am not hyped and I feel the forum is not hyped. But yesterday I logged to play for Kane, and at 2200 skill rating there were people playing as if their lives was on the line on a Thursday night. I would say this forum is a minority, most people enjoy this game.
  • Royalwhite
    553 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Maybe the hype is not noticeable in this forum ( the dedicated Fifa 21 section has hardly 500 threads ) and in Reddit ( hardly 700 members ) , however the views are in tens of thousands in YouTube and twitch for any content that is related to fifa 21 , so definitely there is genuine interest to know more about game before taking the decision on whether to buy it or . The pressure on EA servers when the demo drops in two weeks will be an indication on how much people are hyped for the game .
  • RadioShaq
    16227 posts Moderator
    Seems more hype this year than in the past. People are still wanting promos and sbcs and new cards every day as they wait for 21. In the past people have been done tots or before.
  • SuperKMx
    2647 posts Fans' Favourite
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Seems more hype this year than in the past. People are still wanting promos and sbcs and new cards every day as they wait for 21. In the past people have been done tots or before.

    This.

    The constant "Guise, what promo is gonna happen at 6pm on 11th of September right at the end of a promo that gave everybody 95-97-rated squads for practically nothing" isn't 100% going to convert into FIFA 21 sales, but I imagine that it will.
  • RadioShaq
    16227 posts Moderator
    Lot more talking about the deep dives and news this year too. A lot of good changes will be bringing a lot back.
  • newguy
    2261 posts Fans' Favourite
    Might be the first Fifa since 15 that I won’t buy on release (or at all). Looks the same, ridiculous that the most interesting things imo are headers working and no fitness 😂
  • Hoopsterz
    2269 posts Fans' Favourite
    Taking the online community on here out the equation i actually haven't heard anything about fifa 21 on my social's or from my friends.

    Our Fifa whatsapp group hasn't been used since about Feb and no-one has put anything in it for fifa 21.

    People who are hyped will always see the other hyped people as they are actively looking at the fifa trailers or following the latest fifa 21 news on twitter.

    I'm usually hyped but i couldn't care less about fifa 21 after the shambles of 19 and 20. It appears like none of my casual friends care about it either. It appears like most of the people on all my socials don't care.

    No-one talking about setting up a tourney on release weekend which is usually already planned and being look forward to by now but no-one is interested enough to organise it.

    It may just be im getting older so people are less interested but i feel like its more that me and my friends are sick of this crap game and this crap companies pushing ❤️❤️❤️❤️ down our throats and asking us to pay them for it.
  • RadioShaq
    16227 posts Moderator
    The new bronze and silver friendlies should help bring back casuals. People been asking for something like that for awhile now.
  • SuperKMx
    2647 posts Fans' Favourite
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    The new bronze and silver friendlies should help bring back casuals. People been asking for something like that for awhile now.

    I really don't think it will. It's the sort of thing that SHOULD, but like everything else in FIFA, it looks to have been massively undercooked.
  • Ishibum
    14683 posts World Class
    Hoopsterz wrote: »
    Taking the online community on here out the equation i actually haven't heard anything about fifa 21 on my social's or from my friends.

    Our Fifa whatsapp group hasn't been used since about Feb and no-one has put anything in it for fifa 21.

    People who are hyped will always see the other hyped people as they are actively looking at the fifa trailers or following the latest fifa 21 news on twitter.

    I'm usually hyped but i couldn't care less about fifa 21 after the shambles of 19 and 20. It appears like none of my casual friends care about it either. It appears like most of the people on all my socials don't care.

    No-one talking about setting up a tourney on release weekend which is usually already planned and being look forward to by now but no-one is interested enough to organise it.

    It may just be im getting older so people are less interested but i feel like its more that me and my friends are sick of this crap game and this crap companies pushing ❤️❤️❤️❤️ down our throats and asking us to pay them for it.

    This. The WhatsApp group I'm in is basically Apex Legends and Warzone now. Two people are getting the game... The rest are not. As I said above, it's normal for the forum to die down to an extent in the month before '21, but it's everything else that has me wondering what sort of launch it'll be.

    I do agree though that your chunk of casuals will not care and buy regardless (as well as parents buying for Christmas and that).
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Lot more talking about the deep dives and news this year too. A lot of good changes will be bringing a lot back.

    I'll say this. If EA doesn't work out, a job in government is surely yours ;)
  • ChappellRovers
    3145 posts National Call-Up
    I think its a bit of an echo chamber on here. Lots of people who are sick with the issues of the game that don’t put FP in but make up a small overall amount of the Fifa gaming community. Id say hype here and other forums/groups im a member of is at an all time low but I don’t know about the wider community. If everyone didn’t buy the game who frequents these forums, I am not even sure it’d have much of an impact on their overall money. You should look at Madden as a comparative game, its already got reviews of 0.3/10, doubt Fifa would ever sink that low because the community is much larger.
  • SuperKMx
    2647 posts Fans' Favourite
    You should look at Madden as a comparative game, its already got reviews of 0.3/10, doubt Fifa would ever sink that low because the community is much larger.

    As has been discussed many times, the Madden score is irrelevant.

    And FIFA would be more likely to sink that low, due to the size of the community. All it would take is one big YouTuber telling people to go and give the game 0 out of 10 and it would get there.
  • Gromit
    4842 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 11
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    The new bronze and silver friendlies should help bring back casuals. People been asking for something like that for awhile now.

    Nah....I've been begging for Bronze and Silvers to return. But friendlies are utterly soulless and dire. Theres nothing at stake, so nothing to lose. People will just quit or put their pad down.

    They should have reworked Squad Battles into an online or offline mode and worked silvers and bronzes into that.

    Playing to earn SB points would make it fun and worthwhile.
  • RadioShaq
    16227 posts Moderator
    Probably right. I know a lot on here wanted it brought back but on a wider scope most didn’t play bronze and silver anyway.
  • Hoopsterz
    2269 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gromit wrote: »
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    The new bronze and silver friendlies should help bring back casuals. People been asking for something like that for awhile now.

    Nah....I've been begging for Bronze and Silvers to return. But friendlies are utterly soulless and dire. Theres nothing at stake, so nothing to lose. People will just quit or put their pad down.

    They should have reworked Squad Battles into an online or offline mode and worked silvers and bronzes into that.

    Playing to earn SB points would make it fun and worthwhile.

    You should be able to choose at the start of the week what you want to compete in.. Bronze/Silver/Gold..
  • Personally I can't wait for Fifa 21 I am counting the days. Haven't played since March which helps
  • SuperKMx
    2647 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 11
    Hoopsterz wrote: »
    Gromit wrote: »
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    The new bronze and silver friendlies should help bring back casuals. People been asking for something like that for awhile now.

    Nah....I've been begging for Bronze and Silvers to return. But friendlies are utterly soulless and dire. Theres nothing at stake, so nothing to lose. People will just quit or put their pad down.

    They should have reworked Squad Battles into an online or offline mode and worked silvers and bronzes into that.

    Playing to earn SB points would make it fun and worthwhile.

    You should be able to choose at the start of the week what you want to compete in.. Bronze/Silver/Gold..

    Yup. There is so much that they could do with Squad Battles that could bring lower-rated cards into the game more, but they don't do it because it would take away from their constant attempts at pushing people into Rivals.

    Could have bonus points for playing with certain rating/league/quality limits in your squad. Could have the mode take the form of a themed league that you're trying to win each week, rather than the nonsense "here is a PvE mode which is also weirdly PvP" mechanic. A rewards boost if you only use teams with an average rating of less than 75 all week. Specific prizes for achieving certain things - like the old DKTs used to offer - could be thrown in there.

    They could think of stuff like that in 20 minutes. But no. The only improvement this year is that you can play "competitive" mode which makes the AI change tactics if they're getting hosed. Only, they did that anyway. Just ask anybody what happens to the AI when you go 5-0 up on Legendary or Ultimate against a team who has had no shots on goal for 60 minutes.

    Oh, and now you can get Top 200 instead of just Top 100. So 100 less people will feel like they got the shaft when they get the same rewards for winning 36 games by a single goal on Ultimate as a person who won 15 games 5-0 on World Class.

    Just another purposefully missed opportunity for entertainment by EA, unfortunately.
  • MUFC_420
    2854 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is there a fifa 21 being released? Not even joking but have seen very little talk about it. In terms of hype this has to be the least hyped fifa ever.

    However I will be buying it to give it another chance on the PS5. So will probably just get it on PS4 since it's a free upgrade to get started trading. My expectations are the lowest they have ever been I'm really glad I didnt get a beta code this year. I can't really be disappointed with fifa 21 as it will either be what I expect or it will be a surprisingly positive change. Can't really go wrong with that way of looking at it 🤣
  • Ishibum
    14683 posts World Class
    I just wonder how many free copies they'll send out to people this time :lol:
Sign In or Register to comment.